Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    This could potentially break LFR.

how would it break LFR? who uses it in LFR aside from bots?

Deleted
    Seems like they're killing two birds with one stone, good news.

Good news. Very happy about this change.

Awesome change.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    In relation to this topic just saw a thread on the us.battlenet forum. Although the OP is pushing it by saying Blizz is discriminating against blind people, I really feel for the blind player who can't play anymore because of this change.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8619794?page=1
    Oh man, i rarely get sentimental with anything, but a blind person going through so much and still managing to play this game... I'm speechless. I hope they do try and fix it so he can still play with his buddies

Deleted
    In relation to this topic just saw a thread on the us.battlenet forum. Although the OP is pushing it by saying Blizz is discriminating against blind people, I really feel for the blind player who can't play anymore because of this change.

While I do feel sorry for the individual playing this video(!)game, there is a line to be drawn when it comes to showing empathy towards handicapped people. Wanting to do PvP in a videogame without being able to see anything is way over the line.
    Especially with a great change for the greater good like this. Still not convinced this isn't a bug though :/

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    While I do feel sorry for the individual playing this video(!)game, there is a line to be drawn when it comes to showing empathy towards handicapped people. Wanting to do PvP in a videogame without being able to see anything is way over the line.
    Especially with a great change for the greater good like this. Still not convinced this isn't a bug though :/
    I'm sorry but you just failed as a human.
    Even if it was ONE person vs 10 million, we MUST respect people with disabilities and back down.

If everyone thought the way you think in everyday life "for the greater good" and "there is a line to be drawn when it comes to showing empathy" WTF... I mean cmon what's next? That's kind of things Adolf Hitler used to say...

Go and look at that blind person's eyes, see him putting this superhuman effort into playing this game and then try telling him that you have to take it all away from him. I dare you to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    that's a bit harsh to say don't you think?

I kind of feel like Komamuris, I rarely get touchy feely but the guy is having fun playing the game and just because a bunch of guys are abusing the system doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to play. I doubt Blizzard will do anything but again I feel bad for that player.

Deleted
    Its not a bug? Whats the point of having a follow function if u cant use it.
    Seems kinda stupid to me.
    Whats better than putting follow on ur friends while going to the bathroom or checking a website while they are running to the destination. Everyone just needs to start using passenger mounts from now on I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    Its not a bug? Whats the point of having a follow function if u cant use it.
    Seems kinda stupid to me.
    Whats better than putting follow on ur friends while going to the bathroom or checking a website while they are running to the destination. Everyone just needs to start using passenger mounts from now on I guess
    Leveling. Also AutoRun + Dual Screen.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Honestly, I think if you are seriously into multiboxing, you'll be running a program that copies all your control-inputs to every client, which means you don't need to use the /follow command.
    This is not true. At all. We require the follow command to move as a unit. Small differences in positioning and the direction the toon is facing become large differences very quickly. There is no proficient PvP multiboxer out there that does not heavily use the follow command. Without the follow command, PvP is dead for multiboxing.

I say this as a very experience multiboxer that has boxed since WotLK and played since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    Without the follow command, PvP is dead for multiboxing.
    Good.

I doubt I'm alone on this.

Blizzard does not have to adhere to blind players in anyway whatsoever and it's not even close to discrimination. It's certainly a sad story, and it is rather unfortunate for that individual and his group of friends however that doesn't change the fact that they've got 10 million people playing the game and catering to the absolute minuscule numbers of people (I would imagine less than 1,000 in total) that play the game that are blind, and further more rely on the /follow function in battlegrounds to play the game that are blind just doesn't make sense.

if it makes multiboxing go away, and that's the reason behind it, then good.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Honestly, I think if you are seriously into multiboxing, you'll be running a program that copies all your control-inputs to every client, which means you don't need to use the /follow command.

While multiboxing is not much of a deal, the kind of multiboxers that just have their alt-accounts passively follow the main without actually doing anything are just a bad as bots. So honestly, I kinda like the change. Not just because of that, but it makes botting clients that make use of the /follow command rather useless.
    It just doesn't work like that. If you repeat movement keys and the characters aren't standing on the same spot facing exactly the same direction, they will move further and further and further apart.

From what I can gather, the best bots don't rely on follow so this accomplishes nothing in that regard. I know multi-boxing isn't supported or well liked, but destroying multi-boxing while leaving bots unharmed doesn't seem to be very helpful.

While it's not a huge deal on my end, I only used it to follow a friend/someone in a dungeon for a few seconds if I had to afk, or if a friend had to. What I hated was the afk dps in runs that even at the start puts you on follow and never comes back, glad it's fixed.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    This could potentially break LFR.
    I have to admit, I did laugh when reading this. =)

For me, it was always an interesting challenge to meet multiboxers in BGs or Tol Barad. They attracted me like a magnet, always trying to snipe or grip one of his characters and run away, LOS or going defensive once he targeted me. As a Hunter or DK it was fun, though I can imagine that it's frustrating for a real meele.

Never had anything against boxers, they are a funny appearance.

(Maximum I met was 10 char boxers)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you multiboxers think you deserve to be better in BGs because you have more funds IRL then some other people. They never supported this type of game play. Why do you think you should have an UNFAIR advantage in BGs? If you go play perfect life or any other item bank game you get an unfair advantage because you have(or just are)wasting money on that game outside the normal parameters to accomplish something that someone else works in game for why are you mad that blizzard fixed it? It isn't there fault you cheated and they couldn't call you cheaters and ban you it's yours for wasting all that energy to find a work around to cheat. They don't want to come right out and call you cheaters cause well of course they would lose even more players for the inflammatory remarks but I mean come on, did you really think they would just look past it forever? Multiboxing is cheating. This is how I feel. Anyway my question is, why do you think that it isn't cheating? You can call it poor game design, but taking advantage of game design outside the normal parameters of the game itself is cheating. Why do you multiboxers feel like taking advantage of a design flaw is acceptable, please let me know? Your money should not have impact on a game that is not item bank, period

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komamuris View Post
    I'm sorry but you just failed as a human.
    Even if it was ONE person vs 10 million, we MUST respect people with disabilities and back down.

If everyone thought the way you think in everyday life "for the greater good" and "there is a line to be drawn when it comes to showing empathy" WTF... I mean cmon what's next? That's kind of things Adolf Hitler used to say...

Go and look at that blind person's eyes, see him putting this superhuman effort into playing this game and then try telling him that you have to take it all away from him. I dare you to do so...
    You lost any kind of credibility when you came up with Hitler, in all honesty a single person is never going to outweight so many others. It is this kind of thinking that leads to a lot, a big lot of problems in the long run.