1. #24781
    The Patient Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I don't know WHY, but solid mass floating in a singular mass is a lot more believable than a giant body of water floating on thin air...

    Columbia's "ocean" should just be drained dry! Like, immediately. It should all flow away and drop down towards the earth.
    So solid stuff may fly but liquid not?
    That's aggregatism!

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 12:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    No fathomable clue, DJ
    >_>
    Was it fantasy, thrillers, crime thrillers, comedy, a mix of those, cooking books, documentary books, travel books, short stories, novels....? ^^
    ...........................................My Magic deck shenanigans


  2. #24782
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Same ol', same ol'.
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    You know what I usually dislike about death metal songs?
    That they trick me. First they start with something really calm, melodic and I think "Oh, what a nice song" and suddenly they go full death metal mode and I'm like "Dammit, it did that again".
    Sometimes they manage to not turn me off with that, those songs are what I consider good songs of that genre. :P
    Yeah. That RIGHT there is my biggest complaint with Death Metal. I almost always love the opening for the song, but after about thirty seconds of that, the song changes SO FUCKING SUDDENLY, and it never goes back to what I really enjoyed.



    I also don't care much for metal growls or screams. Not saying they're bad, just ain't my cuppa.

  3. #24783
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    So solid stuff may fly but liquid not?
    That's aggregatism!

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 12:24 PM ----------


    >_>
    Was it fantasy, thrillers, crime thrillers, comedy, a mix of those, cooking books, documentary books, travel books, short stories, novels....? ^^
    Cooking is for them smart people.

    For the rest of us, we have Microwaves and cans

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  4. #24784
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Same ol', same ol'.
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    So solid stuff may fly but liquid not?
    That's aggregatism!
    I dunno. But solid stuff, staying solid, and floating... is WAY more believable to me than a giant body of liquid floating into the air while still keeping its shape.

    Even IF you managed to make an entire zero-gravity-ocean... it would be more like a fuckload of floating globes of water, all of different sizes and altitudes and all sorts of shit like that.

  5. #24785
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Cooking is for them smart people.

    For the rest of us, we have Microwaves and cans
    And cookies. And chips and cheeze-its.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Show em how to live

  6. #24786
    The Patient Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Yeah. That RIGHT there is my biggest complaint with Death Metal. I almost always love the opening for the song, but after about thirty seconds of that, the song changes SO FUCKING SUDDENLY, and it never goes back to what I really enjoyed.

    I also don't care much for metal growls or screams. Not saying they're bad, just ain't my cuppa.
    I'm calling it, death metal wasn't developed to be listened to, but to prank your friends with it.
    Then silly people kept listening to it and now everyone thinks it's supposed to be like that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 12:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Cooking is for them smart people.

    For the rest of us, we have Microwaves and cans
    Well, then don't read.
    Psh.
    It's your boredom, not mine.

    Imma put on my wilson wig and go club people with ham if anyone needs me.
    ...........................................My Magic deck shenanigans


  7. #24787

  8. #24788
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    Awww
    Does someone need a hug?


    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    sad Tia is most beautiful and cute pony. ):
    There, have a filly Twi.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iRJOZl.png[/IG]


  9. #24789
    The Patient Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I dunno. But solid stuff, staying solid, and floating... is WAY more believable to me than a giant body of liquid floating into the air while still keeping its shape.

    Even IF you managed to make an entire zero-gravity-ocean... it would be more like a fuckload of floating globes of water, all of different sizes and altitudes and all sorts of shit like that.
    Well, if you don't have any gravitiy at all maybe, but if you make the ocean float, but still give it gravity, why not. Otherwise nothing would stay on the land as well, but float through the air.
    ...........................................My Magic deck shenanigans


  10. #24790
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    You know what I usually dislike about death metal songs?
    That they trick me. First they start with something really calm, melodic and I think "Oh, what a nice song" and suddenly they go full death metal mode and I'm like "Dammit, it did that again".
    Sometimes they manage to not turn me off with that, those songs are what I consider good songs of that genre. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Yeah. That RIGHT there is my biggest complaint with Death Metal. I almost always love the opening for the song, but after about thirty seconds of that, the song changes SO FUCKING SUDDENLY, and it never goes back to what I really enjoyed.



    I also don't care much for metal growls or screams. Not saying they're bad, just ain't my cuppa.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDfSqcPHWk

    That's probably exactly what you're describing. Except this one goes into an awesome bass solo and clean vocals bit ~3:05
    Personally I love Slam and Tech Death, not so much the normal stuff. Slam and Tech are less amelodic, and so much more technically complex.
    1950 - 7820 - 1130
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

  11. #24791
    Herald of the Titans Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    2,737
    Good morning all

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  12. #24792
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I'm calling it, death metal wasn't developed to be listened to, but to prank your friends with it.
    Then silly people kept listening to it and now everyone thinks it's supposed to be like that.
    You calling me silly? Also, in Septuagint, just listen to the whole thing, you'll appreciate it more.

    Oh, and you were also describing most Opeth songs :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Leanoda View Post
    [IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/213/271/94291%20-
    *hugs the sad poni*
    1950 - 7820 - 1130
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

  13. #24793
    Blademaster Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    46
    I'm bored. I totally don't have Planescape: Torment on my games-to-be-played backlog.

  14. #24794
    The Patient Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    314
    Oh I hate him. ;____;
    Why again does the black deck get that one in the Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 game? <_<
    ...........................................My Magic deck shenanigans


  15. #24795
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Oh I hate him. ;____;
    Why again does the black deck get that one in the Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 game? <_<
    It does? Wow, I need to play that more.

    I'm browsing through Gatherer, getting ideas for decks I'm thinking about making, and changes to current decks. Because I like to depress myself even more than I already am.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Show em how to live

  16. #24796
    The Patient Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It does? Wow, I need to play that more.

    I'm browsing through Gatherer, getting ideas for decks I'm thinking about making, and changes to current decks. Because I like to depress myself even more than I already am.
    It's one of the promo-code unlockable cards I think.
    ...........................................My Magic deck shenanigans


  17. #24797
    Blademaster Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    46
    I'm suddenly tempted to reacquire UT99 and mod the shit out of it again.

  18. #24798
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    *hugs the sad poni*


  19. #24799
    The Patient Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    314
    Why are there only so little servers that host the nightfall payloadrace map and have people playing on them.
    Urgh.
    But I bet there are dozens of shitty 2fort servers.

    Pff, this community has no map-taste at all...
    ...........................................My Magic deck shenanigans


  20. #24800
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Same ol', same ol'.
    Posts
    1,023
    That card is OP.

    But it's not THAT bad. There are plenty of ways to shut down a creature without dealing it damage. Or block it with a 0/8 or something.





    But yes, take away that effect... it's STILL a 5/5 Trample for four mana with NO drawback... That's not balanced at all.

    And this is why I stopped playing magic. They don't even try to balance shit anymore. Haven't for a long time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •