10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    How "D&D" is Neverwinter?
    It's fairly DnD. The attributes do play a role in your combat effectiveness, but in a percentage base, rather than a (Score-10)/2=modifier sense. The combat is less dice rolls, but that's to be expected of an MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    I guess. You can get two 2+ bonuses depending which race you roll as. Humans can only get one 2+ bonus but they get an additional Feat point at levels 10, 15, and 20.

If you roll dwarf you can have 19/19/13, or as a half-orc I guess a 19/17/15
    That sounds annoyingly confusing. Are there only 3 races?

I'll probably end up rolling tank as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    I don't get it, are you saying that it's sad that gay people feel shy about their sexuality?
    I'm saying it's sad that they have to hide it at all. In reality, they only hide it because society's reaction is varied and often unfavorable/distasteful. Shy or not, if there were no societal repercussions for admitting homosexuality, no one would have to hide it. Some would still want to, but it would be for personal reasons, not societal pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds annoyingly confusing. Are there only 3 races?

I'll probably end up rolling tank as well.
    Nope. There's like, 7 races at the moment, and more coming (drow confirmed).

Deleted
    I think what he means that it is sad that people have to hide their sexuality to "fit in". They have to hide who they are or else they could get discriminated. Probably stoned if you are in a shitslamic place.
    Oh. I don't really consider sexuality a part of fitting in. It would only seem to matter if you're trying to have relationships, in which case your friends would have to find out one way or the other anyway.

It's a shame that it's punishable by death in some countries.

Deleted
    Alright, I'm online.

Dragon server, Alessandra the Elven Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess. You can get two 2+ bonuses depending which race you roll as. Humans can only get one 2+ bonus but they get an additional Feat point at levels 10, 15, and 20.

If you roll dwarf you can have 19/19/13, or as a half-orc I guess a 19/17/15
    Im going with a 18/18/12 atm, not sure if i should go back an keep rerolling until i get this 19/19/13.
    Sig by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    It's fairly DnD. The attributes do play a role in your combat effectiveness, but in a percentage base, rather than a (Score-10)/2=modifier sense. The combat is less dice rolls, but that's to be expected of an MMO.
    Guess I will check it out. To WTF is...!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    I'm saying it's sad that they have to hide it at all. In reality, they only hide it because society's reaction is varied and often unfavorable/distasteful. Shy or not, if there were no societal repercussions for admitting homosexuality, no one would have to hide it. Some would still want to, but it would be for personal reasons, not societal pressure.
    I think I see what you're saying, though my views are skewed by my own opinion.
    People don't feel the need to clarify to everyone that they're straight, unless they're talking about relationships, so I don't see why it should be any different for gays or lesbians. I would understand if they feel forced to lie when asked about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    The dual-wield Ranger was the best class I've ever played in any RPG. So much fun. So, so, so much epicness.

The Paladin, welp, they splitted the class. The standard Paladin is awful, I absolutely do not like him as a defender because he is about as sticky as Teflon. The Avenger is much more how I imagined the Paladin would be in 4E, even if it is a bit weird in places.
    The Paladin, I think, was just split a little too much, they wanted the healing, the tanking, some damage, and utility, but by doing so they basically made something that wasn't even good at anything.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 07:53 PM ----------

No there is plenty.
    Human
    Half-Elf
    Wood Elf
    Dwarf
    Halfling
    Half-Orc
    Tiefling
    Drow [not f2p yet]

You don't have to min-max, but in case that you wanted to mixmax your character, you can.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki
    I am still quite skeptical that this D&D game will not require min-maxing, considering the other one you pretty much have to do to be competent.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    No there is plenty.
    Human
    Half-Elf
    Wood Elf
    Dwarf
    Halfling
    Half-Orc
    Tiefling
    Drow [not f2p yet]

You don't have to min-max, but in case that you wanted to mixmax your character, you can.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Nope. There's like, 7 races at the moment, and more coming (drow confirmed).
    Guess I'll roll a human then, the other races don't really have many tanking passives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I see what you're saying, though my views are skewed by my own opinion.
    People don't feel the need to clarify to everyone that they're straight, unless they're talking about relationships, so I don't see why it should be any different for gays or lesbians. I would understand if they feel forced to lie when asked about it though.
    The automatic assumption that's--I'm imagine--been around for centuries is that everyone is heterosexual. Times are changing, but I agree, orientation really shouldn't matter unless there's romantic interest involved. As for me, the only reason I'd care what your orientation is is if I had a romantic interest in you, but as I'm not looking for a relationship right now (and won't be for a while), I pretty much don't give a damn what your sexual orientation is. It just doesn't matter to me, y'know?

Deleted
    I absolutely love the combat system so far. Awesome, very fluid, very D&Dish.

By the way, who else is on Dragon and can send me a friends invite or something along those lines?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'll roll a human then, the other races don't really have many tanking passives.
    You let me feel like a scrub now, that i want to go tank as dwarf :x
    Sig by Thor

Still no paladin class, how am i supposed to role play this. note no paladin but there is a cavalier.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    The automatic assumption that's--I'm imagine--been around for centuries is that everyone is heterosexual. Times are changing, but I agree, orientation really shouldn't matter unless there's romantic interest involved. As for me, the only reason I'd care what your orientation is is if I had a romantic interest in you, but as I'm not looking for a relationship right now (and won't be for a while), I pretty much don't give a damn what your sexual orientation is. It just doesn't matter to me, y'know?
    I agree completely. Unless there's a need for it to be known, I don't see why it's necessary to share it. I know some people feel a sense of comfort from being accepted by friends for who they are, though, and that's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    You let me feel like a scrub now, that i want to go tank as dwarf :x
    Hah, of course not. I was going to pick the race that I thought looked the best, but they all look humanoid pretty much.
    May as well go with the one that has better stats.

You don't need to min-max on any game, if you don't want to play a character you don't enjoy you shouldn't play it for just a little bonus.
    Trust me, in DDO you have to, there is no way you are even going to be soloing past level 8 unless you do some min-maxing, and they are not small bonuses, the difference could be upwards of +3 stat bonuses. Of course DDO has plenty of problems and I won't get into all of them.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Still no paladin class, how am i supposed to role play this. note no paladin but there is a cavalier.
    [video=youtube;3JjhQ1Oi_3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JjhQ1Oi_3k[/vido]
    If this really is 4E then you probably don't want Paladin, if it is based off of the pen and paper version.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...how many tanks does this game need atm? Someone a clue and what do we have so far anyway? I might aswell go another class then.
    Sig by Thor

I approve of this pony