Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    hes actually not that difficult is you focus down the dinos and the venom casts
    killed horridon within 30 mins of raid start getting through the thrash and guys if you think Horridon is hard council will rip you apart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    My guild never killed anything heroic in Toes and had very bad progress overall in t14. we killed him in 3 tries. So id think its Very undertuned most of our raiders are lfr geared.
    Care to share your recipe to success then, if you cleared it in LFR-gear? Im listening ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Care to share your recipe to success then, if you cleared it in LFR-gear? Im listening ^^
    Never said i was, but Most of our raiders are lfr geared, recently 25man guild. How to win? click orbs asap and interuppt bad stuff. Use cds and stuff when needed too? its very simple and straight forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trollingisokayhere View Post
    I guess I have np with some bosses being harder on 10 then 25. Just curious what is your solution if you think its overtuned?
    Probably the main reason it's so much easier on 25M is that it's not proportional. The number of adds is the same on 25m and 10m. So on P3, a 10m will have a much larger % of its raid getting disease stacks and fewer potential people to dispel it. Usually 5 Champions and 5 Warriors will spawn before the gate gets crushed. That's 6+ (because Warriors die quickly) disease targets going out. Tell me how it's balanced for a 10m to have more than half their raid diseased and they may not have the composition to dispel it, while a 25m only has 20-25% of their raid diseased and much more options for dispelling.

Never said i was, but Most of our raiders are lfr geared, recently 25man guild. How to win? click orbs asap and interuppt bad stuff. Use cds and stuff when needed too? its very simple and straight forward.
    A guild that was 10/16H, absorbs 15 LFR people? and clears first 3 bosses on T15. Truly everyone else just sucks. You've proven that we should all just quit. Thanks

It must be a bug that Wowprogress is showing 20+ people with 495-500 ilvls, since LFR only gives 483. Oh wait, I found a 495 mage wearing a LFR belt! Your story check outs perfectly!
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-03-07 at 10:54 PM.

Just killed it with raid group that was 8/16HC, avg. ilvl. in the raid was 493 , and we had to use an offspec tank since our mt couldnt join...

Anyways what did the trick for us was constantly moving and kiting those frost trolls away as they spawned new orbs, with 2 designated dps on melee drakkari's who leave that nasty diesease. Afterwards it was ok, heroism on war god and finished the boss.
    We wasted one very good try because of tank deaths tho, he hits pretty harsh in the end

Beside that, mad coordination fight and extremally terrible for any melees...

Can anyone confirm the health of the adds on 10 and 25 man?

I know frozen warlords have 10.3M, Effusions have ~800k, Gurubashi Bloodlords and the Wastewalkers had something like 6.3M. This is for 10. Can someone list the 25 man values?
    d=(^_^)z

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Probably the main reason it's so much easier on 25M is that it's not proportional. The number of adds is the same on 25m and 10m. So on P3, a 10m will have a much larger % of its raid getting disease stacks and fewer potential people to dispel it. Usually 5 Champions and 5 Warriors will spawn before the gate gets crushed. That's 6+ (because Warriors die quickly) disease targets going out. Tell me how it's balanced for a 10m to have more than half their raid diseased and they may not have the composition to dispel it, while a 25m only has 20-25% of their raid diseased and much more options for dispelling.
    Immagine if 25 man's has 2.5 the amount of adds they currently do! 2 priests at the start for door 2.. 30 seconds later 4 jump in! Thats only doubeling the adds not even 2.5 the amount compared to how many more peopel 25's have to focus on just the "mechanics"! This is where the gear check / dps check comes into play for 10 mans because if you have the gear to burn one down fast then your back to the same ratio that the 25's are for interupting and following the mechanics!

That is the main issue atm... it's a mechanical fight but you have less people to perform the mechanics on 10 than 25 with the same number of adds. Either increase the adds to 2.5 the amount they are now in 25 or reduce the adds in 10 and I'm sure you would see the % even out on successfull kills.

Right 10 man guild, under ilvl500. 1 shot first boss on first night and spend next 3 hours on Horridon getting to the last phase by the end of the night but healers are pretty much oom. Tonight rolls round, we put 1 ranged on Effusion duty and continue to nuke the Priests ASAP, first priest goes down before it gets an Effusion off, finish the phase letting only 1-2 stacks of the volley debuff on the raid.

Drakkari comes up and we stack up because the adds don't have an aggro table and it's the only way to keep them grouped whilst you cleave them down, wait for all 3 Warlord's then pop BL/TW/ . Dinomancer pops we nuke and grab orb to shut the gate ASAP and stem the tide of adds whilst we slowly make our way to next door to keep the Orbs from murdering people. All goes down and healers aren't OOM.

Fight loses alot of tempo then because your over the hard parts, stick one melee on caster duty whilst the rest of the raid kills things as normal whilst avoiding standing infront of the Bears. As Bears die we keep kiting on the outside room as Capacitor Totems come down to keep the middle completely free of any void zones.

Gates are all closed we nuke Horridon till Warbringer spawns then nuke him down before 3-4 stacks then have about 2 mins to deal about 200-300mil damage to the Horridon, make the enrage very comfortably.

Down by 2nd attempt of the night.

Don't ask bout Council, aint got a strat we think is viable yet and you just have to suck it up and learn the bitch before you can hope to come up with one. Hope some of this is helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    Can anyone confirm the health of the adds on 10 and 25 man?

I know frozen warlords have 10.3M, Effusions have ~800k, Gurubashi Bloodlords and the Wastewalkers had something like 6.3M. This is for 10. Can someone list the 25 man values?
    25M values are about 3x 10M.

25M values are about 3x 10M.
    I'd like to see the actual values. I already know what they should be.
    d=(^_^)z

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    A guild that was 10/16H, absorbs 15 LFR people? and clears first 3 bosses on T15. Truly everyone else just sucks. You've proven that we should all just quit. Thanks

It must be a bug that Wowprogress is showing 20+ people with 495-500 ilvls, since LFR only gives 483. Oh wait, I found a 495 mage wearing a LFR belt! Your story check outs perfectly!
    Seems either ive misformulated my post or you have misinterpreted it.

TLDR: Its not overtuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the actual values. I already know what they should be.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/horridon-de...tegy-wow#sec-1 Open the "General Information" section.

I believe the discussion is more focused on 10 man, not 25.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 11:14 PM ----------

http://www.icy-veins.com/horridon-de...tegy-wow#sec-1 Open the "General Information" section.
    Thanks. I feel like an idiot now >_>

That being said, I'd still like to see the health myself. I've had people telling me the health of the adds is the same on both versions.
    d=(^_^)z

25man having 3times more adds, or something in that range and less health should have been done, instead of more hp

Lol, what a bad excuse.

Our guild (25m) Got to see phase 5 (or whatever it is, the one where the troll jumps down), at least on 25man it seems a little bit tough for our group, but we don't have any MW monks either, and people did slack abit on interrupts.

Maybe just a little bit overtuned for a 2nd boss, but not by much

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I feel like an idiot now >_>

That being said, I'd still like to see the health myself. I've had people telling me the health of the adds is the same on both versions.
    You can look at WoL of kills (which is how I confirmed it), analyze damage done by target. I just compared the total values. If you want the actual mob hp, divide by however many adds are expected. The main ones will be 3.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    25man having 3times more adds, or something in that range and less health should have been done, instead of more hp
    No they don't?

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 11:22 PM ----------

You can look at WoL of kills (which is how I confirmed it), analyze damage done by target. I just compared the total values. If you want the actual mob hp, divide by however many adds are expected. The main ones will be 3.
    I did that earlier. I was just getting some weird numbers that didn't make sense to me. Thanks for your help though.
    d=(^_^)z

15+ Year Old Account
    No they don't?
    He was suggesting that that was what Blizzard should have done. I agree.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Immagine if 25 man's has 2.5 the amount of adds they currently do! 2 priests at the start for door 2.. 30 seconds later 4 jump in! Thats only doubeling the adds not even 2.5 the amount compared to how many more peopel 25's have to focus on just the "mechanics"! This is where the gear check / dps check comes into play for 10 mans because if you have the gear to burn one down fast then your back to the same ratio that the 25's are for interupting and following the mechanics!

That is the main issue atm... it's a mechanical fight but you have less people to perform the mechanics on 10 than 25 with the same number of adds. Either increase the adds to 2.5 the amount they are now in 25 or reduce the adds in 10 and I'm sure you would see the % even out on successfull kills.
    You are over simplifying 25m. First it would be 10x easier to have 2.5 times the mobs in 25m with the same hp as 10m because you could AE them all down before they got a single cast off. 3x the hp with the same number of adds is the proper way to do it with preserving the difficulty. There is also get a crap ton of stuff to dispel in 25m and I seriously doubt there is a big difference proportionally with dispel numbers and unless you are running a couple MW monks you can't really get rid of it all easily either.

Also you said:
    then priests overlap..then interupts get out of sync and BAM mechanics out the door wipe!
    Thats just mechanics... your interrupters just need to learn how to interrupt 2 mobs (each only takes 1 interrupter). One person switched to kick the new add, rest kill the old add. 25m or 10m or 40m it doesn't matter... 1 mob = 1 interrupter. Unless you are running absolutely 0 melee, you have 2 interrupters.

Dps isn't your issue. You need tigher control over the adds (and maybe them to be grouped up better for more efficient AE). All you are talking about is cheesing an encounter by out gearing it. You can always do that. If you have a good strat and solid control of the adds, this fight is not overtuned.