Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    Dk army on 3rd gate made it alot easy to our group.
    Wouldn't that taunt the frost orb spawners and hold them in place in a cluster of frost orbs, thus being counterproductive?
    We didn't army, so I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

My 10m guild started raiding in January, all in our 5 man blues and LFR purples, but still managed to get 5/6 HC MSV in Tier 14. We were also only a 5% wipe away from being 6/6 HC MSV prior to patch 5.2. (Our average ilvl is ~495.)

I refuse to believe that getting from 0/16 normal to 16/16 normal and 5/6 HC MSV in only two months (at 9 hours of raids each week) is bad progression, especially considering the fact that we had Will of the Emperor HC down to 5% after only 1 1/2 nights of progression. Even so, so far Horridon has taken us a greater number of tries to bring down than any boss in T14. For us, he is significantly harder than both HC Spirit Kings and HC Will of the Emperor. How can that be correctly tuned? Especially considering how 25m guilds on my server who had much worse T14 progression than we did, are telling us how the trash prior to Horridon was harder than the boss himself?

I honestly think Horridon 10m Normal is way too tightly tuned and essentially screws every guild over that has a suboptimal class distribution for the encounter (probably very common amongst 10m guilds). Sadly our 12 man guild just happens to have an absolute shit class distribution for this very specific encounter, and it feels pretty bad.

Deleted
    Today we had our 1st raidnight and we killed it after 11 wipes. In T14 we were at 9/16 HC and have an average itemlevel of about 500-502.
    We two healed it to not get overwhelmed by the adds. We had no massdispell in our setup and only 1 person to cleanse the poison-debuff. So it was pretty rough for the healers.
    From our experience the most important things to do are:

- Focus the important adds and don't just aoe. The small adds are no danger at all
    - Set up interrupts for every poison-add
    - Have enough dmg to kill the 1st big add before the next wave with 2 of these adds appear
    - Don't stand in the bad stuff!
    - We used heroism and army from our DK on the 3rd gate, it made that gate a joke
    - Help your healers with off-healing and/or raid-cd's when things get rough
    - Kill War-God Jalak as soon as he enters the arena, after that the fight is done! Enrage-timer shouldn't be a problem when 2-healing

You can check out our tonights log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...r7f/dashboard/

I hope I can get the killvideo ready by tomorrow to provide some visual help
    In the end I would say that fight isn't overtuned, but it is challenging for the 2nd Boss in a normal-mode environment. It reminds me of Will of the emperor HC.

Deleted
    ok so our 10 man team is pretty unbalanced we are melee heavy and we dont use a priest but we managed to kill horridon 'relatively' easily on the first night

our raid comp is:

tanks- 2 druids

healers- pala shaman monk

dps- fury warr, ret pala, frost dk, surv hunter, shadow priest

we range from 495-502 ilvl.

we had 1 tank keep horridon out of the way (max range from the healers) tank pulled boss back to range after every charge, we then stacked the rest of the group up on each door when adds were spawning. we had the tanks switch after each door closed
    first door was easy enough just kill the crocs first then the biggest adds then the smaller ones. as soon as the dinomancer hits 50% health have 1 player channel the orb to close the door.
    its important to note that you are expected to have a few adds (sometimes as many as 4-5) alive when the door closes, this is the reason you have 1min before the next door opens.
    second door was hectic but you have three healers, so just heal through it dispelling as well as you can and make sure the ghostly green adds die first then the venomancers again when the dinomancer reaches 50% shut the door, clear up and stabilise the raid
    third door was pretty faceroll, stack them up and nuke them down moving as a group every time an orb spawns, rinse and repeat the dinomancer tactic.
    fourth door was a bit of a clusterf**k for us since our dps went crazy on the bears but you should never dps more than 1 bear down at a time since you only want 1 shaman active at a time due to the totems, again clear up once the door is closed
    at this point you should have the area directly in front of each door clustered with the bad stuff leaving you the centre of the room free, as soon as war god jumps in bloodlust and burn him down, then just beat the enrage timer to kill horridon.
    another important note is that you only need to get horridon to about 80% before the last phase to beat the enrage timer so dont worry about focusing him too much. your opening burst on him should take him to about 90-92% then you can shave off about 4% per phase change to get him sub 80%

hope this helps. and if you think this boss is hard wait til you get to the next one its a nightmare

Deleted
    Just had some nice goes on this on my shaman in a group that is roughly 490-495 ilvl I'm guessing. Got to 4th door and managed to close it but adds overwhelmed us since we had 1 person die during 3rd and 1 early in 4th. It seems to basically boil down to this on pretty much all doors:
    10 seconds in 1 big add spawns. You got 20 seconds to burn it down singletarget.
    30 seconds in 2 big adds spawn. Mark 1 and again you got 20 seconds to burn it down singletarget.
    50 seconds in the dinomancer spawns. Zerg it asap and use orb.
    Kill last big add.
    AoE the smaller ones down while moving to next door.

Yes this sounds simple (and obviously every door has some other mechanics), and gear does indeed help a lot, but the strat seemed to work for us. If you're not that well geared you will probably want to discuss all offensive cooldowns from your raiders and spread them out here and there. The best place to blow them is the first 2 big adds you need to burn in a "set timer" I have the impression. Just my 2 cents.

Oh and we lusted on 3rd door, as soon as the first big add spawned. He seems to have more hp and people are cooldown starved from door 2. We also stacked everyone up to make it easier on healing and the tank kited the frozen orb guys around. Door 2 you'll need to have an assigned interrupter ofcourse on the add you don't directly attack. Kind of sucked to do so much singletarget with chain lightning being nicely buffed, but hey, it seemed to get us a lot further than randomly try and AoE everything.

The adds have such little HP that they can die during stuns and knockbacks. People need to pull some spells out of their spell book that they haven't been using very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartwentyfive View Post
    what is everyone here talking about ? just oneshot the boss tonight, pretty damn easy. no idea how you can have a hard time here.
    10m or 25m?

Deleted
    the encounter isnt overtuned (im 9/12 normal and have 490 itemlvl and our tanks are around the same)...we only have 2/3 ppl over 500 itemlvl

when we killed it our raids average itemlvl was easily under 500

the key factor is aoe-ing mobs here is the worse thing you can do

u need to mark the prio target and nuke him down....save dps cooldowns for the second gate.....once the infusion spawns switch quickly

the adds dont have much health so theres no excuse for it being up alive long

once the gate is closed u want to rotate raid cooldowns while moving and for 10-15 seconds into gate 3 (until u have most of the debuffs gone)

the last phase is easy so dnt hold on to raid/healing cooldowns for it

also as its posion other classes besides healers can dispell it....any pally can for example.....so have ur raid help out until they are gone

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    What a nice attitude you have there. How long will it take you people to understand these bosses aren't tuned for people who barely managed to get LFR equipped? If you can't give him 500+ ilvl then you're not supposed to down him, simple as that. The game would be even more horrible if there wasn't a step up in demands for every content. It's been like that for ages and for a reason. Deal with it.
    Can you show me a source of "You're supposed to have 500+ ilvl in order to get past the /second/ boss." Oh you can't?

Nobody is complaining that they can't kill it from a "barely LFR equipped" perspective. I have a 492 ilvl. My group has a collective ilvl of 493+. I shouldn't be cock-blocked by the second boss of a tier. Please leave your ego behind before you click on threads on this website.

But thank you, everyone, for what you've said in this thread. I have given the info to my team and we can all agree that our changes will make the gurubashi be much less painful.
    d=(^_^)z

Quote Originally Posted by Sevona View Post
    Today we had our 1st raidnight and we killed it after 11 wipes. In T14 we were at 9/16 HC and have an average itemlevel of about 500-502.
    We two healed it to not get overwhelmed by the adds. We had no massdispell in our setup and only 1 person to cleanse the poison-debuff. So it was pretty rough for the healers.
    From our experience the most important things to do are:

- Focus the important adds and don't just aoe. The small adds are no danger at all
    - Set up interrupts for every poison-add
    - Have enough dmg to kill the 1st big add before the next wave with 2 of these adds appear
    - Don't stand in the bad stuff!
    - We used heroism and army from our DK on the 3rd gate, it made that gate a joke
    - Help your healers with off-healing and/or raid-cd's when things get rough
    - Kill War-God Jalak as soon as he enters the arena, after that the fight is done! Enrage-timer shouldn't be a problem when 2-healing

You can check out our tonights log:

I hope I can get the killvideo ready by tomorrow to provide some visual help
    In the end I would say that fight isn't overtuned, but it is challenging for the 2nd Boss in a normal-mode environment. It reminds me of Will of the emperor HC.
    good advice ! seems 2heal is good strategy for ilv 500 raids

Deleted
    Managed to wipe to 5th phase on wednesday :S Me tanking Horridon and got 300k hit and 100k hit while not being healed full.. dead. Healers knew about the enrage but they seemingly forgot.. Called for a tank switch but too bad it was too late. Horridon managed to nuke our OT before healers reacted too. Hes 490ilvl so that isnt too suitable for Horridon enrage tanking.

Running 25-man. We cleared 16/16N right as T14 ended.

After a good night of constructive wipes, we finally reached the 5th phase. My only peeve is the sheer number of stacked adds; I and another player are marking priority targets and distinguishing troll from troll can be mind-bending at times. To that end, the only real sticking point seems to be DPS losing focus in the chaos and slowing on targets.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild run on this wasn't too bad in 10 man, we had about 5 tries or so before we got the kill. Our average ilvl was about 495/6 so I can only say that if people with less gear are having issues here, then you might just need more to survive the encounter especially for tanks as they can get hit quite hard in the last phase. We 3 healed it with no issues on the enrage.

If people are still having issue's you can always go back and kill some heroic T14 encounters for some more gear, the 10% damage and hp buff should help alot there.

I love people who are like meh wasnt hard.... Your also in 510 ilvl... in a guild thats 10+ heroic t14 progresson... This fight is very much so overtuned for 10 man....

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there's 1 fight that's overtuned, atleast on 10 man, it's council. That is for sure.

Anyone have a quick run down for phase 4? I feel like we were doing something wrong because everyone says this is cake but we were getting owned in this phase. We were 3 healing it and using hero in phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Our guild run on this wasn't too bad in 10 man, we had about 5 tries or so before we got the kill. Our average ilvl was about 495/6 so I can only say that if people with less gear are having issues here, then you might just need more to survive the encounter especially for tanks as they can get hit quite hard in the last phase. We 3 healed it with no issues on the enrage.

If people are still having issue's you can always go back and kill some heroic T14 encounters for some more gear, the 10% damage and hp buff should help alot there.
    What kind of a raid composition did you guys have? Do you remember if you guys did anything special or innovative to deal with a hard mechanic? (for instance one poster suggested using DK army to deal with the 3rd adds)

Either way, good job on beating it on 5 tries on that item level. Did much better than my own guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    EDIT: The number of adds is the same on 25m and 10m. So on P3, a 10m will have a much larger % of its raid getting disease stacks and fewer potential people to dispel it. Usually 5 Champions and 5 Warriors will spawn before the gate gets crushed. That's 6+ (because Warriors die quickly) disease targets going out. How is it balanced for a 10m to have more than half their raid diseased and they may not have the composition to dispel it, while a 25m only has 20-25% of their raid diseased and much more options for dispelling? The seriousness of the players isn't a factor in this, it's just not balanced.
    You are assuming that the disease amount is based solely upon the number of mobs. I'm pretty sure we are getting more actual diseases cast on us despite having the same number of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I love people who are like meh wasnt hard.... Your also in 510 ilvl... in a guild thats 10+ heroic t14 progresson... This fight is very much so overtuned for 10 man....
    Did you miss all those people (including the post directly above yours) that came in here around 495-496 ilvl and said they killed it in under 10 attempts on both 10m and 25m? If you are at least 496 (which is perfectly reasonable if you are a normal mode guild with some 2/2 upgrades and 496 vp stuff even with some bad rng), gear is not blocking you. Its strat and execution of mechanics, just go fix them.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-03-08 at 06:47 AM.

We managed to kill it yesterday (7/16h) after a couple wipes (We average about 502 ilvl). The 2nd door is definitely overtuned for a normal mode encounter, you need a lot of high burst + good interrupts which is kinda hard to come by for a 10m. I can see though even with lower ilvl you being able to kill it, just requires more perfection in terms of interrupts/killing order.

For the third door we all stood off to the side (in between the Amani and Drakkari (Frost dudes) door) so they would all funnel in one direction so the tank could easily grab the frost guys (we did this for every door, makes add pickups a lot easier). The giant frost dudes honestly aren't that big of a deal and should be the last targets before the other ones. The zombie trolls randomly attack whoever they want and if they do attack they put up a pretty nasty disease. Because we were all bunched up away from the door the zombies funneled down an easy path and with frost traps and knock backs we killed them all before they reached us (they are very squishy). Our OT just kited the frost trolls in a circle staying away from the orbs and we stuck our melee on the frost dudes too. Healer's just need to keep the two tanks up as there is little to no raid damage if the zombies don't touch anyone.

We found council is somewhat easier then this fight as we killed council in about 2 hours. We struggled more on Horridon just cause door 2 and door 3 you need a lot of burst and good control/interrupts otherwise your hurting the rest of the fight. All the members of the council are nicely tuned just Zul is overtuned. He does a lot of damage already and when he gets empowered it gets pretty lame. If you can survive him being empowered twice you can kill Council as the rest of the fight just requires decent damage and killing the add.
    Last edited by Raone; 2013-03-08 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    We killed the 1. Boss on the 2nd pull, but we wiped on Horridon. I wouldn't say we were horrible, indeed we were pretty close on killing him. In T14 we were 6/16hc. On our best attempt we reached phase 5, killed the War-God but wiped at 27% Horridon, because we run into the enrage time and one auf tanks died premature and with him 2 of our dmgdealers.

Also a question here... I told all my people that interrupts & dispels are the magic here. So they weren't really focusing on Horridon durning the first 4 phases. Might that be a reason why we run into the enrage as well?

Some tips though:
    - 1st door: Easy, but have the ranges and healers position themselfs a little bit outwards, because the sandtraps are spawning beneath a player
    - 2nd door: Worked like a charm for us to exactly arrange who is going to kick which priest. The priest are always spawning in the same order and at the same position. So our tank took the first one (and marked it with a skull). Shaman took the 2nd one, marked it. Fury took the third one, marked it. So there was always a kicker assigned who was also responsible for marking his priest. The green additional effusions were kicked by our ranges
    - 3rd door: Random shit happening here. Used bl though.
    - 4th door: Seemed easy again.

Another thing: It is possible to bubble Triple Puncture debuff from the tank. Tried that, because one of our tanks died early in phase 5.

So I hope we can kill him on our 2nd raid day.