Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We wiped a few times on the Gurubashi (2nd) packs, once we got them down for the first time we killed the boss. The problem we also had was the poison debuffs stacking up to fast and to high so instead of focusing down the Dinomancer with all our dps we put 2 dps with burst and minor cooldowns on it and everyone else just focused on the other adds. Venomous thingies first, then priests and then the melee adds, the debuff didnt ramp up as high as the other attempts and it went down.

We are all around 500ish ilvl, some a bit higher, some a bit lower.

Comp:

Prot warrior
    Prot Pala

Disc Priest
    Holy Pala
    Resto Shaman

DK
    Boomkin
    Mage
    Warlock
    Hunter

We discovered that no matter how cute Tziva thinks Horodon is, he cannot be safely cuddled--even if you are riding a dinosaur mount and frantically typing /love and /hug. This is an important piece of strategic information in the event you have someone who thinks cthulhu monsters and dinosaurs are "so, so cute!"

On the more serious side: We just finished Terrace normal a week before the patch so our item level is low to mid 490s. We actually had trouble with the first packs and had just gotten to the poison mobs. Things rapidly spun out of control after that. I'm unsure of how we will coordinate the 2nd/3rd priest. Not personally going to judge anything just yet; really didn't have a great deal of time and we're clearly not hard mode raiders. Do wish they'd have put the add boss deeper in. Hate the trash and the runback (for this boss anyway).
    Last edited by Demeia; 2013-03-09 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edc View Post
    We wiped a few times on the Gurubashi (2nd) packs, once we got them down for the first time we killed the boss. The problem we also had was the poison debuffs stacking up to fast and to high so instead of focusing down the Dinomancer with all our dps we put 2 dps with burst and minor cooldowns on it and everyone else just focused on the other adds. Venomous thingies first, then priests and then the melee adds, the debuff didnt ramp up as high as the other attempts and it went down.

We are all around 500ish ilvl, some a bit higher, some a bit lower.

Comp:

Prot warrior
    Prot Pala

Disc Priest
    Holy Pala
    Resto Shaman

DK
    Boomkin
    Mage
    Warlock
    Hunter
    What a nice comp we run this.

Prot warrior
    brewmaster

disc
    resto shammy
    holy pally

x2 frost dk
    hunter
    mage
    warrior
    Last edited by trollingisokayhere; 2013-03-09 at 09:59 PM.

2x frost DK is great for this fight. Howling blast spam, aoe deathgrips to stack all the mobs, asphyxiate for a 2nd 30s cd interrupt to go with mind freeze, and you have TWO of all that. Also as someone mentioned earlier, army to eat diseases on the 3rd door.

My raid is
    blood dk
    guardian druid

holy pally
    disc priest

feral druid (me)
    frost mage
    ele sham
    enh sham
    afflic lock
    spriest

If we fall even the slightest bit behind on priests/effusions, we don't have the interrupts to stop poison volleys (and you also have to interrupt the dinomancer). Spriest silence has a 45sec cd, mage's is 24 secs.

Don't forget the basilisks that also stun for like 5 secs as well, and feral is flat-out terrible for this fight period. 25m not only has 3x the interrupts per add but generally isn't as prone to issues with a specific comp being horrible for a fight (ever try heroic gunship in DS with no SLT, PW:barrier, or raidwall? Yeah, it didn't work).

Deleted
    any1 can tell me if solarbeam and symbiosis solarbeam work to interrupts the ads?

It is an interrupt and should work, but I can confirm the silence portion does NOT work.

solarbeam work we used it

Solar beam does in fact work after door 1, as door 1 seems to be jsut kill it before it gets a cast off. Our 10 man finally killed it last night after ~25 wipes trying to figure it out. Here is what we did and our comp.

Comp: Frost dk x2, both 480ish i lvl
    Balance druid 497 i lvl
    demo lock 490 i lvl
    2 frost mages 490ish i lvl
    resto shammy 495 i lvl
    disc priest 485 i lvl
    guardian druid 480 i lvl
    prot pally 485 i lvl

How we finally went about it was we popped our 3 in cd's on the first door so they would be up for the third door again. Hero at the second door when the first venom priest was about 75% hp so we could burn him and the other 2 with hero and still burn the dinomancer when he comes up. As a boomkin it was my job to solar beam the donimancer as soon as he started his cast ( he has a wind-up animation so you can get it as son as it goes off with no healing on the boss if you are fat enough). The goal on that door is to kill the first before the set comes down and kill a second one, and any effigey ( not an english major ) that comes up before the dinomancer is down so you have 1 priest up while your transitioning to the 3rd door.

At the third door your cd's are up again so pop them and try to burn the frozen warlords in teh same pattern as the second door, first dies - set comes down - second dies - dinomancer - third dies in transition. They have 10.6 mil hp so you might fall a little behind on this door but thats fine because other than the disease all they do is an MS debuff, which our guardian druids laughs at as were killing the adds. The army from the dk's is something we didnt try but seems like a great way to spread diseases to targets you dont need to dispell, especially since we had 2 dk's. Fourth door is just dont get cleaved and kill the shamans as they fall of the bears, dont let them all get off the bears at once or you will probably die. After that is kill the loot pinata and his master with 18 mil hp, who comes down about 50% boss hp.

Not gonna claim this was easy because like i said we wiped 25+ times to it but it finally went down. At the end of the fight the dps look something like this, i lost the loge since because we went on to do council attempts and it was pushed off my recount, but this is about what it looked like:

Frost dk - 140k
    frost dk - 135k
    guardian druid - 136k
    balance druid - 132k
    frost mage - 120k
    frost mage - 115k
    demo lock - 115k
    prot pally - 110k

Thats not what it looked like the whole fight, but at the end, these were about the numbers and we had 2 min left on enrage, so it doesnt seem to be that much of a dps check after you get your doors down. Hope this helped someone =)
    Last edited by Dr420; 2013-03-10 at 06:39 PM.

We are a 25-man guild, we didn't kill him on 25, but when swapped to 10-man, we killed him. Our gears are <500, no heroic gear at all.

A few things:
    Tanks: Paladin, Monk
    Healer: Monk, Disc Priest (I was healing, my MS is Shadow)
    DPS: 2x Warlock, Warrior, Hunter, Ret Paladin, Shadow Priest.

Our gears are <500, didn't do any Heroic T-14.

For 2nd wave: Kill/Interupt priests and Effusion ASAP. Then Dino, close door, finish the rest. Stay Mobile! When all priests are death, have the Monk healer use REVIVAL. It removes all the Poison DoTs and healed up. Save alot of mana.

For 3rd wave: We blow Heroism (using our hunter pet). Kill first Frozen Warlord. Then kill all the Champions/Warrior ASAP. Kill Dinomancer, then all Champions/Warriors asap. Stay mobile, avoid Frozen Orbs. The monk tank kites the last two Frozen Warlords around (The Mortal Strike debuff is no fun) until all Champions/Warriors were killed since they don't have aggro table. Use cool down generously, such as devotion aura, etc. If you can kill Champions/Warriors fast enough, you won't have many Disease to dispel. Rather than trying to remove all diseases, which we found it's not possible (We were killing Frozen Warlords first, big mistake), kill Champions/Warriors ASAP, they die fast and are the one who throw diseases on people.

For 4th wave: Kill Warbear, then Shaman, then Warbear, then the rest. Spread out and avoid totem.

Phase 2: Kill WarGod, then Horridon. When WarGod is dead, tanks are the only one need to be healed. Rotate cool down.

Lastly, if you team has plenty of defensive cool down, use them generously in wave 2-3. It really is a fun fight. I hope we can kill him in 25-man next week.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We are raiding in 10-man-mode and just killed Horridon this evening. Breaking point is, like often enough mentioned in this thread, gate three.
    Be aware of the following:
    There are 3 special mobs each gate + 1 dinomancer. The number of the other mobs is infinite until the orb is channeled.
    Make VERY specific arrangements of pummlers at gate two. If you don´t manage it to keep the debuff under two stacks, try harder. Burst the Venomous Effusion as soon as they spawn. They are weak.
    Pop Bloodlust as soon as the first Drakkari Frozen Warlord at gate three reaches the ground. Nuke him hardcore, Make sure he kissed the floor before the next two reach ground. What helped us big times: Start kiting the Frozen Warlords around as soon as they start spawning those fucking frostorbs. Make the whole group stay close to the Addtank. Nuke Dinomancer asap, preventing the Adds to spawn. They are evil at that gate.
    the last gate felt a bit easier then the thrid. Try to nuke Bear, then Shaman, then Bear, then Shaman, ans so forth. Three bears at all. The other adds should fall as collateral damage.
    Don´t underestimate the last phase. The wargod is a joke, but we had to deal with a 65% Horridon, who gave a hard time to our tanks. He hits like a truck when he softenraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Don´t underestimate the last phase. The wargod is a joke, but we had to deal with a 65% Horridon, who gave a hard time to our tanks. He hits like a truck when he softenraged.
    With two dd's and a tank dead (second tank at 0 debuffs), we managed to get rid of the remaining 70% just fine (iLvL ~496 on our DD's). Your tanks won't die, they'll just drop somewhat low. So unless your healers stop healing (there's just one target!) or you're standing in double swipes (propably not, you managed to reach the last phase) there's really no way to wipe on horridon.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 20+ pages already I'm sure this has been mentioned, but the priests on the Gurubashi door need to die. Immediately. Nothing else matters. We hit a wall on night one with Horridon, came back night two and made the priests a must kill, cd pop, cc, stun nightmare for them. From there everything else is manageable. This was on 25 man for clarification.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm frustrated beyong belief with this boss and I just need to vent a bit right now. Had 33+ wipes on it all together, tried all the tips I could find from this thread and we still can't kill it. Most (if not all) of our players are at 496+ ilvl and I don't think we've learned a fight to this degree for as long as I can remember. This is 10 man of course.

Setup tonight was:
    Surv Hunter
    Surv Hunter
    Frost Mage
    Ret pally
    Affli lock

Resto shaman
    MW Monk
    Disc priest

Blood DK
    Blood DK

We are:
    - tanking Horridon in the middle of the room as to not obstruct any spawning mobs, while the tank is still in healer range.
    - using dedicated interrupters on door #2
    - focus firing priests and effusions (or whathever they're called)
    - BLing on door #3
    - using 2 armies to take off some of the diseases on door #3.
    - prioritizing Forzen Warlords while armies/BL is up
    - not stepping in shit

We've managed to get to p5 (War God) once. We wiped at 8% on him, with Horridon still at ~80%.

For the most part we're getting stuck on door 2 or 3 still.

I'm aware of some of the issues we're having with dispelling, interrupting and low dps, but what pisses me off the most is the erratic aggro table on some of the mobs. I'm aware that this is intended on door 3, but on door 2 and 4 it just seems like an unreasonable amount of mobs pick up and keep aggro on. Maybe I just need more hit/exp.

Some people in my guild are starting speculate that Blizzard are intentionally making encounters harder on 10 man in order to encourage 25 man raiding again, much like the Thunderforged-concept. Personally, I can't see Blizzard stipulating this as a design goal for their encounters, but if it's infact true, I would be greatly disappointed.
    Last edited by Seregon; 2013-03-10 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Pally Tank
    Blood Dk

Pally Healer
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest

Rogue
    Arms warrior
    Shadow priest
    Ele shammy
    Boomkin

We are getting to the 4th stage regularly but basically out of numbers and CD's when we get there. Kinda frustrating because we know a few more ilvl will push us over the line. 490-495 ilvl for the most part. Tactics ain't difficult once you learn them but the numbers game is there in spades.

Stuff that's worked for us -

Using BoP to clear tanks stacks
    nuking the living shit out of venom priests as soon as they appear, but having 1 guy just on interrupts on the one not currently being assist trained
    kiting frost orb spawning trolls while the ranged pick off the little adds until dino appears then nuking him
    BL on 3rd door
    symbiosis on holy pally for extra cleanse/poison removal
    symbiosis on rogue for offtanking a priest to interrupt it
    Stacking up in phase 3 (forcing adds to come to us using smoke bomb) then ranged kiting

The annoying thing about this boss is that with 5 more ilvl accross the raid the whole thing will fall over with no drama. Then again, reaching for the stars and trying to pull them down through sheer bloody mindedness can be fun.

Hope that helped someone!

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    I'm frustrated beyong belief with this boss and I just need to vent a bit right now. Had 33+ wipes on it all together, tried all the tips I could find from this thread and we still can't kill it. Most (if not all) of our players are at 496+ ilvl and I don't think we've learned a fight to this degree for as long as I can remember. This is 10 man of course.

Setup tonight was:
    Surv Hunter
    Surv Hunter
    Frost Mage
    Ret pally
    Affli lock

Resto shaman
    MW Monk
    Disc priest

Blood DK
    Blood DK

We are:
    - tanking Horridon in the middle of the room as to not obstruct any spawning mobs, while the tank is still in healer range.
    - using dedicated interrupters on door #2
    - focus firing priests and effusions (or whathever they're called)
    - BLing on door #3
    - using 2 armies to take off some of the diseases on door #3.
    - prioritizing Forzen Warlords while armies/BL is up
    - not stepping in shit

We've managed to get to p5 (War God) once. We wiped at 8% on him, with Horridon still at ~80%.

For the most part we're getting stuck on door 2 or 3 still.

I'm aware of some of the issues we're having with dispelling, interrupting and low dps, but what pisses me off the most is the erratic aggro table on some of the mobs. I'm aware that this is intended on door 3, but on door 2 and 4 it just seems like an unreasonable amount of mobs pick up and keep aggro on. Maybe I just need more hit/exp.

Some people in my guild are starting speculate that Blizzard are intentionally making encounters harder on 10 man in order to encourage 25 man raiding again, much like the Thunderforged-concept. Personally, I can't see Blizzard stipulating this as a design goal for their encounters, but if it's infact true, I would be greatly disappointed.
    Have you consider 2-heal? Things get burn down faster. If you burn adds down fast and interupt correctly in 2nd wave, it's possible to have zero poison stack on raider. If you do, just have the MV Monk uses Revival to clear all at the end of 2nd wave. Where're most of your wipes occurred? Using 25 v 10 argument now is pointless, easier to point finger than figuring what can be done to overcome. I can use the same thing to argue we couldn't kill him in 25 but able in 10, but it's pointless and useless.

My guild was having the same problem many of you are mentioning and found it much easier with 2 healer because it meant the adds died really fast and there was less dispels needed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    well i dont think they are making encounters intentionally harder in 10 mans to encourage 25mans as that would seriously cripple 10m guilds on low population servers. i personally think that it is slightly overtuned for 10m due to the fact that there are the same amount of adds in 10m as there is in 25 man as blizz have prolly just looked at the health of the adds and reduced it with the proper ratio(60%) and then just said that is close enough, the problem with horridon is that the ration is off considering the amount of dps in a 25m raid and 10 man raid, in fact the health should actually be reduced further and possibly even have 1-2 less adds pr door as that would make them about equal in difficulty in 10m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattachine View Post
    Have you consider 2-heal? Things get burn down faster. If you burn adds down fast and interupt correctly in 2nd wave, it's possible to have zero poison stack on raider. If you do, just have the MV Monk uses Revival to clear all at the end of 2nd wave. Where're most of your wipes occurred? Using 25 v 10 argument now is pointless, easier to point finger than figuring what can be done to overcome. I can use the same thing to argue we couldn't kill him in 25 but able in 10, but it's pointless and useless.
    It does seem reasonable to assume blizzard have made the 10 man encounter harder in a few ways than the 25 in their (mad) quest to incentivise 25 man raiding.

On the other hand, there is a long history of 10 man raid bosses being easier to manage with certain set ups, so the fact that it's the 2nd boss that requires a MW monk to be doable unless you are dripping in HC T14 gear this time around might just be RNG.

I think the problem will solve itself this week when LFR is released and people can gear up a bit - the larger part of the headache that is this boss on 10 man obviously goes away with a higher ilvl. Give it a month and horridon will be just as much a joke of a fight on 10 as it is in 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    It does seem reasonable to assume blizzard have made the 10 man encounter harder in a few ways than the 25 in their (mad) quest to incentivise 25 man raiding.
    No, quite the opposite. Intentionally making 10m harder would destroy 25m. All of those guilds (minus paragon) you hear about, especially EU ones with sponsors, do 25m for the prestige and accomplishment. Taking that away would destroy the 25m raiding community, even for those of us who do 25m and are not in there for region/world firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well i dont think they are making encounters intentionally harder in 10 mans to encourage 25mans as that would seriously cripple 10m guilds on low population servers. i personally think that it is slightly overtuned for 10m due to the fact that there are the same amount of adds in 10m as there is in 25 man as blizz have prolly just looked at the health of the adds and reduced it with the proper ratio(60%) and then just said that is close enough, the problem with horridon is that the ration is off considering the amount of dps in a 25m raid and 10 man raid, in fact the health should actually be reduced further and possibly even have 1-2 less adds pr door as that would make them about equal in difficulty in 10m.
    You guys need to stop getting stuck on this crap. You can have something balanced for 10 and 25 with the same amount of adds. By your logic, Feng isn't balanced because there isn't 2-3 Fengs on 25m. Thats a load of crap. So long as they balance the damage outputs of the mobs and the dps needed to kill them in the same amount of time and the number of dispels (all of which they have done), there is absolutely no reason it can't be balanced with the same number of mobs. All you are talking about is making 10m noticeably easier than 25m which if they want to do, they should just go back to the WotLK model.

Now if you want to talk specifics on tuning mob hp or mob spell damage or something fine, but it is not inherently harder/easier because the number of adds is the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    No, quite the opposite. Intentionally making 10m harder would destroy 25m. All of those guilds (minus paragon) you hear about, especially EU ones with sponsors, do 25m for the prestige and accomplishment. Taking that away would destroy the 25m raiding community, even for those of us who do 25m and are not in there for region/world firsts.
    That kinda ssumes that people raid for prestige and to be ranked.

Which is ofc, utter shite. People raid for fun. No one apart from a few aspergers sufferers with too much time on their hands cares about ranking or any of that stuff.