Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    My healing team is 2* rdruid and a shammy. We have 1 pally in the group. So..we're screwed is what you're saying?
    No, the disease isn't that dangerous, and a Druid can clear it with symbiosis. Your pally can clear it too if they're able to.

Every healing comp is probably going to have some weakness and some strength when it comes to dispels. Just plan for that accordingly. Unfortunately, rather than doing that, people play the overturned card instead as an excuse. Newly formed guilds and pugs have killed horridon on my above average pop server.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-03-07 at 05:11 PM.

I just wish blue would nut-up and say something.

Is Horridon 'working as intended' and we just need to find a way around 2 priests dropping at once? Or is it in fact, bugged and/or over-tuned for 10m comps and will be addressed soon.

My team is so frustrated right now I don't even know if I'll have a team by next raid

Deleted
    Horridon is perfectly doable without having a buttload of heroic gear. It took us about 9 pulls to get it right (dk and monk tanks, pally/resto sham healers, frost dk/hunter/spriest/mage/feral cat/warlock - highest ilvl was the priest with 507/lock 503ish, everyone else was between 495 and 500, which isnt really that high considering how much time you had to upgrade normal gear from previous raids, plus the 3k valor you should have had at the release of 5.2.). What really helped is setting everyone on a different add to interrupt on the 2nd door, this makes the raid damage a lot easier to heal. Once you get into p2 with everyone alive(even for the first time) it's a kill, it's a simple hero-> burn war god whatshisface and then nuke horridon while still doing tanks swaps

one more thing. even tho after the doors open you might be tempted to tank horridon rather close for a little extra damage while cleaving adds and whanot, it actually helps keeping it a little distant since theres a shitload of stuff of the ground to avoid, so you dont want to be all clumped up

logs from our kill

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-71...?s=6333&e=6915
    Last edited by mmoc65e314467f; 2013-03-07 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    In no way should any normal mode boss be taking 100+ attempts.

The average wow player will put up with a dozen wipes (at most) before jacking it in and doing something entertaining instead. My guild has cleared T14 and done 1 HC in T14, we simply don't have the ilvl to do horridon easily. We'll perservere and get there in the end after a lot of repair bills with the main run (the keen guys who are great and will wipe all night) but if I take my 2nd run (the friday night, super relaxed, lets have a beer and talk nonsense while raiding normals crew) I won't even bother trying past jinrok'h as things stand, there would be no point.

Not only don't they have the ilvl, they won't be arsed wiping for hours just to kill a purple game dinosaur.

Boss is overtuned for a normal mode. End of story.
    Come on man, just because you want to do these bosses drunk in super relax mode with closed eyes, they shouldn't take the progress feeling from casuals in Normal mode. It is the damn cutting edge final raid, you should feel something progressing through it for months even if you raid only once a week. Well normal modes shouldn't be hard as they used to be before in TBC etc but its always nice to have some yet-not-downed bosses around for casuals. Since heroic mode is something I cannot afford doing it I really enjoy progression in Normal modes with my only maybe once a week showing up friends. I hope I can enjoy this raid for the next 5 6 months to come.
    Last edited by Marooned; 2013-03-07 at 05:16 PM.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Come on man, just because you want to do these bosses drunk in super relax mode with closed eyes, they shouldn't take the progress feeling from casuals in Normal mode.
    Sorry? Did you read my post?

I said that my main run would be able to get it done, but that my 2nd run (and the average wow player) not only can't be arsed with such massive efforts for a normal mode boss, they shouldn't have to be. That's all. You aren't robbing someone if they don't want what you are taking away! lol
    It is the damn cutting edge final raid, you should feel something progressing through it even if you raid only once a week. Well normal modes shouldn't be hard as they used to be before in TBC etc but its always nice to have some yet-not-downed bosses around for casuals. Since heroic mode is something I cannot afford doing it I really enjoy progression in Normal modes with my only maybe once a week showing up friends.
    Good for you. However, most players (in my long, long experience) get fed up somewhere around a dozen wipes. Any more than that and a boss is asking too much for the playerbase. Not your harcore crowd, or people who like a challenge, but the average player. The 6 pack on a friday night, lets have a laugh type of player who makes up the bulk of wows audience.

If normal modes ain't be serving those guys any longer, blizz needs to come on out and say so. But the first boss in throne is ideal casual content - it's doable with the gear people who are still on garalon will have (i.e. almost 80% of guilds coming into T15) and without needing a degree in comparative topography to organise. And next is horridon, who is a pain in the arse. The tuning is schizphrenic, to say the least.

I'm really confused as to why this thread is 17 pages.

This boss is a joke. learn about the adds, their kill priorities, interrupting them, then execute.

If you think this boss is overturned you Midas well go back to t14 and have fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldmist View Post

This boss is a joke.
    Says the 16/16 t14 heroic raider about the 2nd boss on normal mode t15... I sure as hell hope it's a joke for you!

Wowprogress puts 30% of 10man guilds that got through Jin'rohk have done Horridon. (excluding any that of course may not have updated last night)

For two nights, that seems fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Wowprogress puts 30% of 10man guilds that got through Jin'rohk have done Horridon. (excluding any that of course may not have updated last night)

For two nights, that seems fine.
    Would you happen to knwo what the 25 man % for that is? And what the % is that got and beat council is?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess that then concludes any debate we ever had about the game in the old times. Every MC or BWL or SSC boss was a hardmode. And then there were the insane hardmodes of Naxx and SWP. The game didn't introduce HMs in WotLK, it introduced normal modes.

I treasure those reads...he was boss 5 in MC, right?

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-6762.html
    http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-6609.html
    Vanilla raids weren't even hard until Naxx and C'thune. The problem with the game back then was MANY players did not know their class, and most guilds didn't know how to effectivly raid. I happened to be in an everquest progression guild that came over to WoW in vanilla, and we ran through the content fairly easily. Naxx was rough, but not impossible. If you could organize 40 people who knew their class pretty well, then you could get through all the content. The problem was finding 40 people and making them work together. Not an easy task.

By todays standards, those Vanilla raids were nothing compared to raids now.

Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    Horridon is perfectly doable without having a buttload of heroic gear. It took us about 9 pulls to get it right (dk and monk tanks, pally/resto sham healers, frost dk/hunter/spriest/mage/feral cat/warlock -
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-71...?s=6333&e=6915
    Am I reading that right, you were 5/16 Heroic mode since Dec 16th ? and you found Horridon to be easy enough ? Your heroic Kings kill puts you in the statisical group of the top 14% of raiders. I expect you to find Horridon easy enough
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-03-07 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Sorry? Did you read my post?

I said that my main run would be able to get it done, but that my 2nd run (and the average wow player) not only can't be arsed with such massive efforts for a normal mode boss, they shouldn't have to be. That's all. You aren't robbing someone if they don't want what you are taking away! lol

Good for you. However, most players (in my long, long experience) get fed up somewhere around a dozen wipes. Any more than that and a boss is asking too much for the playerbase. Not your harcore crowd, or people who like a challenge, but the average player. The 6 pack on a friday night, lets have a laugh type of player who makes up the bulk of wows audience.

If normal modes ain't be serving those guys any longer, blizz needs to come on out and say so. But the first boss in throne is ideal casual content - it's doable with the gear people who are still on garalon will have (i.e. almost 80% of guilds coming into T15) and without needing a degree in comparative topography to organise. And next is horridon, who is a pain in the arse. The tuning is schizphrenic, to say the least.
    Essentially you're asking for average wow players to get 522 epics simply for just showing up. I don't think that's the design philosophy for raiding, and I don't think that it has ever been that way. Some actual effort needs to be put in, whether that is through trying to do the mechanics correctly or going back into old raids and gearing up some more.

Your average wow player that you describe should be able to clear lfr without many wipes, which should be the case once those are unlocked.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-03-07 at 06:22 PM.

Killed horridon 2nd pull...not even remotely overtuned
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Seems to be heavily overturned for normal mode. They said first 3 bosses should not be a problem even for those who haven't fully cleared previous content on normal. We were at 12/16 HC t14 and have issues with Horridon...
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2013-03-07 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Use Bloodlust at 3 door, everything after this is easy.

Deleted
    One shotted it, not overtuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 shot it. Wiped more on trash then anything in the instance so far.

It's not overtuned, it really boils down to how your interrupters manage the poison adds. There is hardly any damage if you can get the casts, try burning down the first priest that comes out. There is a small window to get it before anything else comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Killed horridon 2nd pull...not even remotely overtuned
    Yet another person who didn't actually read the thread. Your main has killed heroic sha 8 times and has an item level of 515. If the dps check was remotely difficult for your group then it would be stupidly overtuned. You probably should be ashamed that it took you 2 pulls.

The dps/interrupt/cleanse requirements are set a bit too high for a 10 man group with an average item level under 502. If they adjusted the extra add spawn to what it was on PTR (new 'special' adds at 20, 30 and 40 seconds in to each door) and fixed the bug where the adds have the same health on 10 man that they do on 25, then you would have a stringent but fair encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Essentially you're asking for average wow players to get 522 epics simply for just showing up.
    I'm thinking ICC/Dragonsoul are about right for normal modes. Easily doable, until the later bosses seems perfectly fine to me.

I don't think that's the design philosophy for raiding, and I don't think that it has ever been that way. Some actual effort needs to be put in, whether that is through trying to do the mechanics correctly or going back into old raids and gearing up some more.

Your average wow player that you describe should be able to clear lfr without many wipes, which should be the case once those are unlocked.
    LFr is for unorganised people who can't devote time to raid on a schedule. As has been said elsehwere, currently there is a bit of a chasm between LFR and raiding. Someone on here put it as a choice between super easy, hard or insanely hard when it comes to raiding. I'd agree, except theres now jinrokh who is simply easy.

So we've got super easy (lfr) Jinrokh (easy) and then hard (rest of throne) or insanely hard (heroic raids.)

Horridon is overtuned for it's potential audience (as is the bridge trash, which dipshit thought they were a good idea?)