Thread: Tortos 25

Tortos 25

Should quake stomp be interrupted by kicking or healed through? Should the shells be used on the bats?

Deleted
    Healed through. You interrupt the Furious Stone Breath.

You have more than enough turtles to interrupt Furious Stone Breath, some can be used on Quake Stomp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    You have more than enough turtles to interrupt Furious Stone Breath, some can be used on Quake Stomp.
    We (on both heroic/normal) used the other turtles to burst down the Vampiric Bats in melee range with melee cleaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    We (on both heroic/normal) used the other turtles to burst down the Vampiric Bats in melee range with melee cleaves.
    Yeah, I think we may have done that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    This... leaves for more DPS time on the boss.

You can use it on Quake Stomp? We tried several times but it wouldn't work. We killed it taking all the stomps but I'm curious if it does work or if it's not intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You can use it on Quake Stomp? We tried several times but it wouldn't work. We killed it taking all the stomps but I'm curious if it does work or if it's not intended.
    I doubt you can do it, a stomp isn't really a cast as opposed to a breath.
    Worth trying, though.
    We just threw turtles at other turtles. Got the achieve for killing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Didn't work for us either, but I guess it's supposed to be like that. Otherwise, you'd have zero raid damage outside of people falling asleep in rockfall. As it is now, it keeps people on their toes.

You can't interrupt the stomp. Intterupt breaths and use the rest in a way that maxes your dps. For example chain during hero, use on bats/turtles as well as the boss etc.

We did it with just interrupting stone breath. Remember to use CDs for your Vampire Bat tank or he'll die during stomp most likely.

Otherwise, fun fight and fairly easy, we wiped 4 times IIRC on 25m.

When should we use hero in 25 man? We are having trouble in the first minute of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    When should we use hero in 25 man? We are having trouble in the first minute of the fight.
    What are you having trouble with? We used bloodlust when he was under 30%, in execute range, after a turtle kick (he gets a debuff of some sort for a short while then).
    Focus on nuking down one turtle at the beginning, have someone be ready to kick it at the breath, finish off the other two turtles, one of which you can chuck at bats (always keep one spare just in case), aoe bats, go boss, turtles are back, kill them, aoe bats, rinse and repeat. It's really straight-forward. Use some cooldowns for the quakes and for the bat tank during quake stomp.

Killed it in 25s last night, didn't even bother killing the bats. Stuck blood DK on Tortos, and BrM monk just used Dizzying Haze to pick up and kite all the bats around the room the whole fight. DPS just focused down the turtles and boss. Got a tad dodgey picking up some of the bat-packs, but we killed it. Vid link below with sweet Super Mario Bros music. Its from dps warr perspective, but you can occasionally see me rolling through with like 80bajillion bats in tow.

youtube.com/watch?v=3_ma7T4hL9k