Picking the right Graphics Card!

Hey guys!

I've been dealing with a problem and I've figured there are people here that know how to handle this .

Last week, my graphics card (PoV GTX 295) broke down after 3 years of service. Sadly, my warranty has expired, so I'm looking for a new card.
    Here's the thing. From what I understand, I can sorta use any card I'd like, but some cards work better with my system than others.
    Here's my info:

Intel Core 2 Quad 8400 @ 2.66 ghz
    ASUS P5QLD Pro 64 bit Motherboard
    8GB RAM DDR3
    Currentely running my old, very old Nvidia 7900 GTX
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    650 Watt Powersupply

I'm looking for something nice with a budget of about 200,-. I know I can just check for them myself, but I'm not sure which card works best for my system.

Thanks for reading!

Deleted
    Can you tell us the brand / model of your PSU?

We're probably looking at a 7850 for the AMD camp. If you could extend the budget a little, you could go for the 7870 XT, which is a currently great performing card beating some of his more expensive brothers. (Beating as in: A better price/performance ratio.)

Edit.

Didn't realize you were Dutch. Was thinking dollars. 200 euro's would almost allow you to go for the 7870 XT.

Edit numero dos

Can you tell us what games you mostly play? (Adding to the psu question)
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-03-06 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    I would pick up a sapphire 7870 XT, it costs 212 euro tho. Its the best card at that pricepoint at the moment. (assuming you have a proper PSU)

You can probably pick up a Radeon 7870 or Geforce 660 of some sort even tho they might be a bit too good for your current system you can carry them over to your next PC.

Crap, not at home at the moment. I play a variety of games, from a graphical performance , it goes from league of legends and other 'low-end' graphical games and all the way up to far cry 3 and dishonored. I'd like to keep playing the newest games at least on a moderate setting. Now you have an idea :-)

Edit: I've been looking at the gtx650 ti and 660. But keep the suggestions coming :-)

Deleted
    Thing is, certain games favor certain videocards. Anything blizzard made favors nvidia cards for instance. But, if you intend to play pretty much any game coming out, I guess it's best to look at raw performance vs cost.

I'd still give my vote to the 7870 XT in this case. Provided that your PSU can power it without issues. (As soon as you get home, try and look up the brand and model for the PSU )

Goddammit, why isn't this working ><. My PSU is an Antec EA-650. Should be good enough, I think.
    I've also been thinking, and I'm also in the market for a new processor for about 150,- euro's. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:29 AM ----------

I'm most definitely getting the MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr,2GB. You guys think that will fit in with my current gear?
    Last edited by Chillerbill; 2013-03-07 at 09:16 AM.