Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Should PVP gear be abolished?

    Should the only gear be used for PvP be PvE gear just like in Vanilla?

    This way:

    1) You're more motivated and excited to do dungeon and raid. You know that your gear is not bound to instances only and be useless outside. If PvE gear is used for PVP gear, you feel more prestige with it, like it's worth more. You can look forward to showing it off too people in places like Cities, Battleground, and World PvP. If there are PVP gear, your PvE gear is just like W/E u can only use them in instances.

    2) People who cannot get purple from raid bosses can still get high quality gear, just not the best, like Lightforge armor or it's casual upgrade Soulforge... if you're not a raider. This way, you'll be in awe when you see people who actually have the higher gear. Like for an example, if you're in blue Lightforge but see someone with Glaive of Azzinoth, you don't have it but it feels great to see it. You can have like Lightforge/Soulforge quality gear and be like a "High Lieutenant"... but you are also more motivated to get into raid and get the bigger gear. PvP gear makes it boring.

    Don't you guys think PVP gear should be abolish and the only thing left to use for PVP is PvE gear? I think they should go forward with this, not back. This will make WoW more exciting IMO. I want to show off my gear and let it have more use then outside instances like raid and dungeon. I like showing off.

  2. #2
    I think this community forgot why Blizzard added PvP gear in the first place:saying PvP gear until this xpac means resilience.

    The problem we had in vanilla was the burst,the alpha strike was a key element of the fight and you could 2-3 shot anyone.Blizzard didnt like this kind of PvP so they introduced resilience to moderate burst damage (back then resilience didnt reduce overall damage but %crit chance and crit dmg = burst).

    The side effect of this change was creating 2 parallel separated gearing process and although this was not the goal it was not a bad side effect from blizzard pov.

    Blizzard never tried to have PVP and PVE gear as in "You do X ,you get the gear to do X":they just tried to reduce burst.

    So you say: get rid of PVP gear(lets forget a lot of people will complain about hc raiders owning in arenas or elite pvpers downing heroic content) and I ask....how do you handle burst?
    Bigger health poools? zone wide (arenas,bgs) dmg reduction debuff? implicit resilience based on ilvl and/or primary stat?
    All the solutions has downsides and Blizzard has stated the problems this pvp models could arise.

    Its not simple but ...whats your solution to burst?

  3. #3
    I like the idea of having two types of gear...PvP and PvE, whats the problem? why so many drama about pvp...if people dont like pvp, they dont pvp, or they do with PVE (too bad for them). but let people that enjoy pvp and getting 1 item per week

  4. #4
    There are a lot of people who play this game for pvp and pvp only. Forcing those people to do Pve would be a mistake.

    There is no reason at all to remove pvp gear.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    889
    No, the separation of PvE and PvP gear has assisted in balancing I believe. Nothing would annoy me more than classes stat scaling being fucked because of PvP. And for whatever reason, I've met very few high end PvPers who give the slightest shit about PvE. Generally most PvP heroes are awful at PvE, and vice versa I suppose.

    Oh yeah and also a lack of reward from participation in pvp

    Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

  6. #6
    Imo pvp gear. should be avaiable for all as soon as u ding 90. w/o a cost.
    And then the only thing u should get from ratings was titles / vanity items. Possibly xmo items...
    I really dislike RBG heroes getting GM gear now. Rather have that from arena or similiar.
    Possibly xmo gear like the one u get from pve atm.

  7. #7
    ...But the point I made in the OP...

    It's more exciting to... show--off... and feel like you have more use...

    Aghh NVM. TBH, I quit wow because I felt like I was trapped in instances. my PVE gear was useless outside.

    Answer to burst? just because blizzard doesn't like it doesn't mean it's not right to do... doesn't mean ppl will like PvE as PvP gear more.

    Just burst him before he can burst you. This seems fine to me... and about heroic PvE gear bursting BIG? well... then remove arena. However, if you cannot then leave it in and only match Heroic gear ppl wit heroic gear ppl etc.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,310
    No.

    I do feel though, that something needs to be done about PvP Power. Whether it is the complete removal of it or lowering the amount given and only putting it on weapons.

    It's just ridiculous how PvP gear has gone from simply being attractive, to being absolutely mandatory to enjoy pvp at all vs any player with pvp gear.
    http://www.heroicstrike.org/ - Goodnight, sweet prince

    Melee isn't awful for Challenge Modes; you are. Melee players are a liability for the windows of time in which a tank keeps an enemy mob faced towards them, resulting in an exorbitant loss of damage or death. Melee players are a liability for people who keep rooting mobs next to them. Melee are a liability to a healer that cannot heal.

  9. #9
    No.

    Loads of people have no interest in raiding and dungeons.

    The fact that you are interested in them or just have the time to grind them 6 hours a day doesn't mean you should be the best geared for every single activity in the game. If you want to be well geared for PvP, you should PvP.

    Honestly, you just sound like a raider too lazy to run a few BGs to get PvP gear, and this topic borders on inciting/trolling in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Just burst him before he can burst you.
    oh great sensei teach us how to make good games.

    Oh wait, no. That would be a fucking awful way to play this game.

  10. #10
    The only problem then is dealing with the pvp lovers. I think they should be ignored completely.

    I think this game should be designed so that PvE gear is the only gear. To do better in PvP you just get better PvE gear.

    This way, PvE gear feel like its has more use and the game feel more exciting, especially the showy off part.

    TBH... they entice the PvP ppl and they lose the ppl who want PvE gear to be PvP gear IMO. It's a trade off. Why not pick what they started out with?

  11. #11
    Dreadlord glowzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bucket of sponges
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Don't you guys think PVP gear should be abolish and the only thing left to use for PVP is PvE gear?
    This is the very first season where a full set of pvp gear was actually best in slot for pvp for pretty much every class. No need for funny raid weapons or trinkets.We know how it's like to be forced to go get our stuff there, and it sucks.
    So if anything, up untill this season we have had a taste of your idea, and pvpers hated it with a passion.

    It's worse for both parties. So no, keep it as it is now.

  12. #12
    no. because people don't want to do raids to be able to pvp.

  13. #13
    Well whatever then.

    I guess they can trade off PvER for PvPer.

    More of 1 less of the other. Feeling my PvE gear is confined to a jail (raid) suckass. I quit the game cause of the lack of use for PvE gear after I raid. Can't take em to BG or anything. Can't show them off or anything... cause who cares? cant use em everywhere so their value are pretty much worthless.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    616
    No thanks. I don't pve, after I was done with pugging ds 10 for months on end for my daggers, I sort of lost interest in pve (and the mop heroics didn't help either).

    And getting destroyed by people from truly progressive guilds months on end until the rest catches up... It'll be like 5.1 all over again where you got completely obliterated by people in t2.

    Want something to show off? Get a fancy title, get hard-to-obtain transmog gear, use a rare mount. There are many possibilities, and they're not limited to gear.

    I dont want to raid to get gear. I find pvp to be more fun and interactive. Pve? Slice and dice, rupture, envenom, run out of bad stuff, call it a day.

  15. #15
    What if i don't like PvE ?
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

  16. #16
    yes, PvP gear should be removed, but not in the way you suggest.

    PvPers shouldn't have to obtain gear in the first place, that's the whole pve aspect of the game (kill dragon, get loot, now killing the next dragon is easier). forcing all PvPers to go spam a rotation for 4 hours who a big amount of people actually do not enjoy would not only make most of the pvpers quit, but also just make the game so much more imbalanced than it already is.

    Gear should not matter in pvp, at all.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    ...But the point I made in the OP...

    It's more exciting to... show--off... and feel like you have more use...

    Aghh NVM. TBH, I quit wow because I felt like I was trapped in instances. my PVE gear was useless outside.

    Answer to burst? just because blizzard doesn't like it doesn't mean it's not right to do... doesn't mean ppl will like PvE as PvP gear more.

    Just burst him before he can burst you. This seems fine to me... and about heroic PvE gear bursting BIG? well... then remove arena. However, if you cannot then leave it in and only match Heroic gear ppl wit heroic gear ppl etc.
    Thats pretty ignorant. Just because you don't play arena's on a competitive level doesn't mean it should be removed. Don't like it, Don't play it. That simple.

  18. #18
    I'd prefer battlegrounds to operate similarly to challenge modes so once you've got a full set of resi gear you're sorted for the xpac. To remove pvp gear altogether and force pvpers to pve to progress is just asinine.

    This way, you'll be in awe when you see people who actually have the higher gear
    Yeah this whole paragraph is just massively insulting.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Well whatever then.

    I guess they can trade off PvER for PvPer.

    More of 1 less of the other. Feeling my PvE gear is confined to a jail (raid) suckass. I quit the game cause of the lack of use for PvE gear after I raid. Can't take em to BG or anything. Can't show them off or anything... cause who cares? cant use em everywhere so their value are pretty much worthless.
    then do bgs to get gear? yes, it sucks to gear up in bgs, but do you complain if a raider beats your alts dps? no, you blame gear difference then keep gearing your alt. Tbh, you sound like a person who wants to sit in the capital when not raiding and get dipshits to envy you.

  20. #20
    Dreadlord glowzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bucket of sponges
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Well whatever then.

    I guess they can trade off PvER for PvPer.

    More of 1 less of the other. Feeling my PvE gear is confined to a jail (raid) suckass. I quit the game cause of the lack of use for PvE gear after I raid. Can't take em to BG or anything. Can't show them off or anything... cause who cares? cant use em everywhere so their value are pretty much worthless.
    So, let me follow your logic,

    You don't want to farm pvp gear, to pvp every once in a while.
    Your solution to that is make pve gear the only stuff in the game, and thereby forcing pvpers to raid if they want to play at all?

    You don't see the issue with that idea?

    Pve gear sucks in everything but raids? If you exclude pvp, what else is it useless in? Fishing?
    Also, the "showing it off" bit is just weird, we have transmog now, you can show it off even while pvping.

    The jail is there for a reason, it used to be as you said, and it wasn't better thene now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •