Thread: MM rotation 5.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I meant Steady Shot, which is why I said SS. Not Serpent Sting, for which I also use the acronym SrS.

IE, I'm telling him to push his RF one GCD later, not earlier.
    My bad, I must've just read it fast and jumped to conclusions.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Respecced MM last night just to see how it plays, last time I played it was way back in firelands. A few things I didn't like about it although this simply could be me not use to the spec but I don't see any reason to play it over BM at this time. Firstly the opener and careful aim phase. It takes a fair amount of time to get "up and running" and what I see as potential wasted time due to other abilities we have inherited in MoP. Lets take the talents I had when practicing. Generally lets say we pre pot, open with SrS>CS, usually like to pop my Rapid Fire/Stampede next, >GT> Fervor and aMoC followed by readiness 2xSS, then get into the cycle of pumping out those aimed shots, I don't pop Fervor Straight after readiness as my first one is still giving me focus. Usually by the time you've actually got into this stage your first rapid fire is coming to an end and I would presume that in most guilds the boss by this time will be around 90% mark, certainly talking about Mageara by the time you actually get around to spamming AiS the tenticles will be below 80% or close. Still feels clunky compared to BM and Survival and everything flows better with the other specs. Now this could be because I'm not use to the spec but I just didn't like it and/or I am too comfortable with BM/Surv. I do however think that to maximise the opening CA phase you need to leave out some shots, but I can't see any other way of doing the opener AND make full use of readiness. aMoC is a must, so probably would leave our GT ? Doesn't seem right to me to leave out shots, guess with all the extra buttons we've inherited it just takes longer to get going into AiS spam than it use to.

Here's what I believe would be optimal (IF for your current gear, disabling GT is a dps gain):

- Prepot
    - SrS
    - DB
    - AMoC
    - Stampede + RF + on use abilities
    - SS x2
    - CS
    - Readiness + CS
    - DB

SrS should be highest priority as it will always stay up and with the buff it got last tier, you can't treat it like firelands.. Same with the buff to CS, should be used on CD.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 04:28 AM ----------

And yea I agree with you windthorn a bit.. normal modes don't much warrant the use of MM, unless ofcourse the fight is ST and has pet issues.. As like I said earlier, MM =/= just CA. Overall it does a decent amount of damage. But I certainly believe it will be strong in heroic modes.. With higher uptime on CA phases..

Gosh, what a horrific-looking rotation.

Not really enjoying how Hunter specs are this tier so far. Survival is pretty much mandatory for anything with the slightest bit of AoE, BM is top single target, but MM is top single target for fights with pet issues.

Tri-spec please Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Not really enjoying how Hunter specs are this tier so far. Survival is pretty much mandatory for anything with the slightest bit of AoE, BM is top single target, but MM is top single target for fights with pet issues.

Tri-spec please Blizzard.
    Survival is better than MM, especially after MM loses 4pc T14, which is quite crucial for a smoother rotation.

I will still be SV all tier, single target, multi target, whatever. I will still be OutDPSing almost everyone in my guild

Deleted
    AI should be used as focus dump when hasted to 1.3/1.4 cast time. But yeah, if nothing else this shows how MM seriously needs a revamp. The spec is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    AI should be used as focus dump when hasted to 1.3/1.4 cast time. But yeah, if nothing else this shows how MM seriously needs a revamp. The spec is a mess.
    Basically this, MM really suffers from our extra abilities such as GT,DB (although I read Fervor is better), aMoC etc... Back in cata the thing with CA is you could get it up and running fast, here you need to spend sometime getting out these other abilities before pumping out AiS's. Leaving out GT may help but I dunno, MM just seems an after thought, everything "fits" in with BM, Surv without penalty. MM is all about maximising the CA phase, these extra "buttons" get in the way of that. It does need a re vamp or as I said maybe I'm just not use to it. Regardless at this moment in time I don't see a reason to change from BM/Surv, but thought I would try it anyway, like to be able to play all specs well but meh don't think I CBA with MM unless it get more buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Survival is better than MM, especially after MM loses 4pc T14, which is quite crucial for a smoother rotation.

I will still be SV all tier, single target, multi target, whatever. I will still be OutDPSing almost everyone in my guild
    source ? I know atleast simcraft and FD consistently show MM higher than SV on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    source ? I know atleast simcraft and FD consistently show MM higher than SV on ST.
    There seems to be a lot of this here. People saying crap like "Fervor is better because I like the feel of it" even though mathematically DB is higher.