Deleted

About my shaman...

Hey guys,

Currently my Shaman is level 85.
    With the recent buffs to Elemental I am thinking of picking it up again.

What did I like about it;
    1. Chain Lightning Spam, I cannot stress how awesome I find this.
    2. Shocks; I absolutely love the charging up to release a massive Earth Shock and setting it on fire for a duration which only buffs it.
    3. LAVA!

What did I dislike;
    A rather small rotation
    Gear sometimes looks bad, but every class has that.

With the buffs to Chain Lightning and Lava Beam, it seems my favorite part about an Elemental only got better.

So yes, I am thinking about picking this up over my Shadow Priest and Warlock.
    Is Shaman worse in 5.2 than Spriest and Locks? If yes, by how much?
    If the damage difference in casters is too big, should I drop it?
    I honestly believe I should level it because of the pure fun I get out of spamming Chain Lightning. [Silly right? So much more things to do, but I like this the most.]

I also can't wait till I get Ascendance, let the lava flow!!

So yeah... Shaman... in 5.2..
    Yes or No?

EDIT: Rather quick, I know but;
    What's your biggest gripe with Shamans?

EDIT2: This is not a what class should I play but rather a; I need some encouragement to play my Shaman, what do you think of Shamans? thread. :3
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-03-06 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    my biggest gripe is not being unique. my totems arent really totems anymore and bloodlust...yeah.. mages ftw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hQFragZ View Post
    my biggest gripe is not being unique. my totems arent really totems anymore and bloodlust...yeah.. mages ftw
    Yeah, it's a real shame Totems became this way.
    And I can live without Bloodlust, more reason for me to slack and spam more chain lightning. XD

if you have to ask 'is x class better than y class?'. then you are no where near the level where any difference actually matters.

the rotation is actually slightly more engaging than it was in cata, with one extra spell (ele blast).

and yeah, chain lightning spam is awesome. especially since they buffed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    if you have to ask 'is x class better than y class?'. then you are no where near the level where any difference actually matters.
    That came out kind of harsh.
    I know the class I play at end game, but don't really keep much track of other classes' dps or situationals.

the rotation is actually slightly more engaging than it was in cata, with one extra spell (ele blast).
    Ele blast is awesome.
    Just.
    Awesome.

and yeah, chain lightning spam is awesome. especially since they buffed it
    So, you don't have any gripes with the Shaman class?

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    That came out kind of harsh.
    I know the class I play at end game, but don't really keep much track of other classes' dps or situationals.

Ele blast is awesome.
    Just.
    Awesome.

So, you don't have any gripes with the Shaman class?

didn't mean it that harsh. it's just that unless you're in a world top 100 type guild, ANY class and spec is more than fine. so you should just play what you enjoy, and not swap to something you don't like because it does 500dps more.

my shaman is an alt, but i do like ele better than cata, yes. dps on the move is amazing. cleaving is amazing. ascendance is really cool too.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're really worried about how we compare, we're behind locks and (so far) generally ahead of spriests. This is completely anecdotal, however, since it's just been my specific experience going against our lock and spriest in my raid. We are by far #1 for any stacked AoE, however; even above locks. Still suffer on multidot fights, but the fights in ToT are seeming to favor cleave over multidot, and there have been a lot of fights that favor burst phases (again heavily favoring elemental and devaluing spriests).

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I like about shaman:
    For me personally, it is the class with the most appealing theme. I love hybrids because I enjoy poth dps and heal specs for raiding. There is no class that shouts "FOR THE HORDE" like shaman. I consider it one of the most iconic classes of Warcraft. and also: SHAMANS ARE AWESOME!!!

What I dislike about shaman:
    As all hybrids, shamans have a very broad set of abilities, but not a very deep one. As all hybrids, I need more different sets of gear to be able to switch speccs.(Not as true for Ele and Resto). For the currently burst centric arena PvP we are ironically in a pretty bad shape if you are not willing to play resto. Not saying we are unplayable but there are currently easier ways to become a gladiator than playing ele or enhancement shaman...

I for my part will be leveling my shaman as of today and I am so much looking forward to playing it.

Deleted
    I actually think totems are in the best place they've ever been. They actually do something when used now rather than just sit there.

My biggest gripe is that i still auto refresh my water shield every 30 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I actually think totems are in the best place they've ever been. They actually do something when used now rather than just sit there.

Well, I kinda liked the "plop your totems for dem unique buffs" idea, but I guess if you put it that way, you're right.

I still refresh my Lightning/Water Shield aswell...

Also, I started leveling as of yesterday, I did a fricken 45K DPS at 85...
    32k Single target in non-movement fights... That's pretty much 10~30K dps higher than the rest...
    I. FUCKING. LOVE. SHAMANS.

They represent their theme and actually show their class better than any other imo.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

all but HST is fine indeed, I much would have preferred if HST was the same, especially as I tend to forget it 50% of the time.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Ele blast is awesome.
    Just.
    Awesome.
    If you actually think about it, EB is just a LB that deals more damage, grants a minor buff and can't be casted while moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehehe ^^ That took me a long time to get un-used to as well.

Just replace your WS keybind with one for HST. Every 30 seconds is perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Ehehe ^^ That took me a long time to get un-used to as well.

Just replace your WS keybind with one for HST. Every 30 seconds is perfect

haha thats exactly what i did

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you actually think about it, EB is just a LB that deals more damage, grants a minor buff and can't be casted while moving.
    But it looks much, MUCH better.