Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I hoped that we would come here and reason together. And as a reasonable man, I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to find a peaceful solution to these problems.
    I find it quite unreasonable when you allude to the game being taken from us just because you "feel" the game was taken from you. You are not everyone, everyone is not you.

The game was not "Taken" from you, the people who created the game decided to make changes that you disliked and you left it, it was not taken from you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I find it quite unreasonable when you allude to the game being taken from us just because you "feel" the game was taken from you. You are not everyone, everyone is not you.
    Look, we are all reasonable men here. We don't have to give assurances as if we were lawyers.

It's not a disappointment to me at all. The dailies are quick and relatively painless, the saurok buff is a lot of fun, they start you right off with a 522 piece available from the Shadow Pan Assault for Valor without having to do any dailies, the new Isle of Giants to mess around on (I tamed myself a triceratops!), the new raid, LFR unlocking, new scenarios, tons of new models, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things.

I'm also really excited about the first server-progress event since Sunwell, aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's not a disappointment to me at all. The dailies are quick and relatively painless, the saurok buff is a lot of fun, they start you right off with a 522 piece available from the Shadow Pan Assault for Valor without having to do any dailies, the new Isle of Giants to mess around on (I tamed myself a triceratops!), the new raid, LFR unlocking, new scenarios, tons of new models, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things.

I'm also really excited about the first server-progress event since Sunwell, aren't you?
    There's a lot of charm on the new islands. Little nook and crannies, different pathways to get where you need to go. The mobs have some mechanics that you need to watch out for if you pull too many at once it gets a little hectic. It's really well done and while it's not going to placate the 'I hate dailies' crowd it's quality is going to keep people who like the game interested. Also, no queues

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I hoped that we would come here and reason together. And as a reasonable man, I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to find a peaceful solution to these problems.
    Didn't you say they should get rid of dailies? That's not a great solution for people who like them. Further to that they've decoupled valor reward from daily factions so I'm not really sure what problems we're trying to solve at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...
    Were you really? You must not have been paying attention to previous patches in this expansion, then.

I mean, you may not like dailies. I don't enjoy them myself. But I sure as heck expected more of 'em. Blizzard loves dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I have to agree with the growing population of qq'rs then, blizzard has simply given up or run out of ideas. The same repetitive garbage repackaged in BC ish Qual Danas kind of way. Yeah, I think this patch finally did it for me on WoW.
    Cant cater(?) to everyone, people were whining that the game ain't like it used to be in vanilla/tbc, but once blizz releases a content patch with content similar to how it used to be, people are whining that it's too similar/repackaged.

tbh the new dalies were super boring and long.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    tbh the new dalies were super boring and long.
    Indeed. And so happened that I have tankadin as main, and daily mobs have way too much health, and a lot of them have healing abilities (so if you try to aoe them, mobs will just heal everything up to full health, making themselves unkillable). Don't even want to think about rares, their health should be nerfed by at least 90% (10 mil? wtf). Not sure about raiding content, as we lost a lot of people in raiding team due to 5.0 and 5.1 dailycraft, and tbh we are quite tired with intensive recruitment we had to do in MoP already, as people kept quitting due to all the "optional" grind. And from what I heard, ToT has quite high gear requirements, it makes recruitment even more complicated.

Oh and patch came with so many bugs (e.g., you are no longer dismounted from multi-passenger mount while crossing CRZ - you just dc, multiple loot issues, some old quests became broken (like on in Stratholme with holy water or monk's exp buff)), and everyone suffers from weird ms and fps drops. WoW needs 5.2.0a to address all these issues.

5.2 is an amazing patch. Especially the new rares.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I just now finally managed to peel myself away from it. Maybe I was one of the only people who actually liked the Isle of Quel'danas >_____________>; ... I'm having fun. Sorry you're not.
    Man I had to cut down a couple hours of sleep since 5.2 hit live.... Im loving it as much as I loved Quel'danas !

Not a huge fan of the new dailies but I do like many of the changes in this patch.

The mob tag changes, the LFR drop rate changes, some of the pvp changes, some additional ways to gain rep. This patch did a lot for alts and people behind the curve IMO.

It's way too early to make a final judgment of the patch though. We haven't even seen the 2 new world bosses yet.

Why are people saying the dailys are hard? Or that they are long?

They are laughably easy and I can get them done in like 25 or so minutes. You would be amazed what you can accomplish if you just buckle down. Seriously try it.

However I love the patch so far. I am SWIMMING in Elder Charms, Am already friendly with Shado-Pan Assault, Have 4 522 items, Killed all the available rares on the first part of the island, Honored with the Kirin Tor Offensive.

The 5 minute loot runs from the "Keys to the palace of lei-shen" are fun as hell. My class got buffs and they feel fantastic, They new raid is alot of fun as well. and I LOVE the new Dinosaur pet I can have on my hunter, As well as the Isle of Giants, Such a pretty place.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-03-08 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    On the same day? wow. I knew there would be threads, but this soon?
    Yes, because you know, all 3 versions of the raid should be unlocked on day 1 so that in a week when the people doing LFR end up having better gear than the Normal and Heroic raiders he can come back here to complain about that. Oh, and don't forget, doing anything interactive or engaging is boring or for N00bz, so as soon as you port to the Island you should be valor capped for the week, and when you approach a rare it drops loads of epics and gold.

Duh, don't you know anything? You must be just like Blizzard who don't know anything. Were the players and we want things our way!!

Wah wah wah. I am SO FUCKING TIRED of hearing how bad this game is. If it's so goddamn bad, then please, sell all of your shit and send me all your gold, and then proceed to unsub. Seriously what sense does that make? Ow, I'm gonna hammer this nail into my head, maybe if I hammer it enough times there will be a different sensation. WoW has not been created for your sole pleasure. It is a game with 9 million people playing worldwide (or maybe 2 million, because you know, WoW is dying, and the other 7 millions are just bots and multiboxers).

This is as stupid as people complaining about how 5.0 sucked because there wasn't much to do, even though they didn't even start HM, only got their reputations up to honored of revered, and then proceeded to afk in SW, Org, or Vale of Eternal Blossoms. There are a plethora of things to do in WoW, the mind blowing thing is that you can't do everything by just pushing a button or waiting in a major city. If you don't want to do them, then that's fine, but I don't know why you would waste 15 bucks a month on just sitting around and hitting a button only to wait 15 minutes to hit a bunch of buttons. If that's all WoW was then yeah, it would suck. But maybe, just maybe, you're limiting yourself and it has nothing to do with Blizzard at all.

I know full well that I shouldn't even waste my breathe reading or posting on these types of threads, but I just can't seem to get away from the constant whining of people who really have nothing to complain about.

And before I start getting the "your a fanboi!" comments, please, look at my post history. When Blizzard makes a mistake or does something stupid, breaks a promise, or just makes a generally bad decision, I have, and I will continue to call them on it because I look at this game from a neutral standpoint and as a gamer, nothing more and nothing less.

In my humble opinion, dailies are NOT content... How is doing a repeatable quest every day for the same rewards content? Im sorry but Im totally burnt out on dailies. Been doing them for past expansions and this is just getting ridiculous... I did the dailies once this week and havent been back to the island. No need to because all it is, are dailies. Yay, fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing how there is always someone who posts a "this sucks" thread the day or day after a major patch comes out. I haven't even gotten to experience most of the patch yet, but the parts I have experienced I have to say I like. I so want a direhorn mount. ^_^

I bet money someone said the ulduar patch sucked too.

Also, am I the only one who enjoys grinding? I mean seriously, in most games you have to grind mindlessly killing mobs to get whatever it is you're after with no quests and nothing at all to break the monotony of it, and that's fun. In wow you get dailies which is awesome. It gives you a little bit of a story sense as to why you're grinding. This is seriously better than the classic way of grinding. I wonder how many of you people even know what a JRPG is or have played any beyond final fantasy.
    Last edited by zshikara; 2013-03-08 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I am pretty sure everyone knew 5.2 was a disappointment shortly after it was announced...
    Seriously, just stop talking.

I love 5.2. Some of the best, most quality content they've released.

Deleted
    I simply love OP's logic. If something isn't ready now, it won't be ready a week later? Going by that logic, there's nothing that will ever be finished. :l

The daily is garbage.
    440 dailies for a chest gear - no thanks !

ahhhhh thank god for some new dailies to earn my VP and rare mobs.

i was getting sick of tanking heroics and doing 70% of the damage in a 5man "heroic" on my ele shaman (cough i could solo this bullshit excuse for "heroic")

now i can earn VP without carrying 4 people everyday ahhh the slack is nice.

I have to disagree with rional (OT) with all I have. LFR is ready, it is delayed for good reasons, the schedule makes sense to me. Have you read any blue post information at all?

The new dailies are done quickly especially if not done solo, I haven't found one yet that punishes you for being with 4 mates or 1-3. Cause all the quest credit so far for everything I have done is shared. I really like this new philosophy from Blizzard.

The dailies and the raid are not all. Tillers is very appealing to my alts now that we have work orders. The warlock stuff is not for everyone, I accept that. I like the look of the new daily hub and the rares to hunt so you get at least 1 hit at the treasure chest each week etc.

Also, if you play with friends, there is another island, not suitable for solo-people at all, but lots of fun things to do there with a small or BIG group of friends. Hell, if you have killed Heroic Sha pre patch you could even hit up Oondasta!

I have probably even forgotten some of the nice new stuff 5.2 brought with it. If I m not confused you get character XP now from winning pet battles, a new way to level up? What more do you want? This is an amazing content patch in my humble opinion.

Nuff said.
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.