Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

    i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

    maybe 15-20 valor per quest.. but not 5..

    anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either
    May be you can apply for a job at blizzard and see if they let you design their content? that could work.

  2. #22
    Isn't it a bit too early to qq?

  3. #23
    Damn, already. Patch 5.3 will suck before the PTR is up at this pace...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

    i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

    maybe 15-20 valor per quest.. but not 5..

    anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either
    No, the thing is: you're a big disappointment. Hard working teams and companies like Blizzard really deserve a better-class player base than the obsessive-compulsive and unknowledgeable bunch of whiners that populate public message boards.

    Let's keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-07 at 02:36 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    No, the thing is: you're a big disappointment. Hard working teams and companies like Blizzard really deserve a better-class player base than the obsessive-compulsive and unknowledgeable bunch of whiners that populate public message boards.
    Well although I don't agree with OP but this is a bit over the top, don't you think?

  6. #26
    Dailies should stay, but there should be more sources for reputation and valor outside of instances than just the dailies. I think that valor and reputation should be tokens like the old Badges of Justice that we could get in Quel'Danas, just changed to give valor and reputation when handed in.

    They should have a fairly low drop rate, but can drop from ANY level-appropriate mob, be that in instances or out in the world. That way I can go and grind a few instances today, a few dailies tomorrow and just go to a zone and mindlessly kill monsters the next day.

    Point is, it will allow me to go about getting my rep and my valor to the cap the way I want to. My choice!

  7. #27
    I'm a bit sad about being stuck on a server with a severe faction imbalance (barely any pvp going on, quel was amazing in that aspect) but apart from that 5.2 seems great.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Well although I don't agree with OP but this is a bit over the top, don't you think?
    No, not at all. Actually, I think it's spot on. The patch has been out for what, a couple of hours, and this dude just couldn't help himself and just had to make the typical meaningless whine post for the sake of it. It clearly is obsessive-compulsive whining because it's obviously the only possible and standarized modus operandi of all those folks, no matter the subject. Isn't that as lame and sad as things can get? The word "disappointing" describes the modern gaming community pretty good. Unable to appreciate anything, unable to comprehend design intents or the general "big picture", but constantly complaining.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-03-06 at 12:24 PM.

  9. #29
    The Patient Arthrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    I don't quite understand how getting more valor points from a quest is making it more fun. Dailys suck. I would rather have an interesting linear quest line rather than a bunch of dull repetitive tasks.
    Good for you that these new dailies ain't that repetative then!
    Happiness!

    {◕ ◡ ◕}

  10. #30
    I'm sorry you're not having a great time with 5.2 OP but I hope you can find some enjoyment out of it like I have with all of it.

  11. #31
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthrun View Post
    Good for you that these new dailies ain't that repetative then!
    > done them once
    > not repetitive

    Please don't say you did them on PTR, no one takes that much enjoyment in dailies.

    Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthrun View Post
    Good for you that these new dailies ain't that repetative then!
    Hell, we had a comical time doing the mobs, when people would troll-tap, then try to take us out (PvP server). It makes things more tense when hunting for the Ritual Stones. The Isle itself as is varied as you could get without going to New Zealand and the mobs a fairly challenging if you're not paying attention. The rep/VP/CP stuff is just gravy.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Dailies should stay, but there should be more sources for reputation and valor outside of instances than just the dailies. I think that valor and reputation should be tokens like the old Badges of Justice that we could get in Quel'Danas, just changed to give valor and reputation when handed in.

    They should have a fairly low drop rate, but can drop from ANY level-appropriate mob, be that in instances or out in the world. That way I can go and grind a few instances today, a few dailies tomorrow and just go to a zone and mindlessly kill monsters the next day.

    Point is, it will allow me to go about getting my rep and my valor to the cap the way I want to. My choice!
    -You can get rep from dailies, doing the first hc and scenario of the day, and planting stuff on the tillers farm.

    -You can earn valor from dailies, hc's, scenarios, raids, raidfinder.

    You have soo many options as to acquire your rep and valor now, but you want the only way they can't give you and that's by random drops. People would be screaming that they felt obligated to farm random level-appropriate mobs until they hit exalted to stay competitive.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Edward Newgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,716
    5.2 is for the raid, not the dailys.

    Idc about rest outside the raid.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    -You can get rep from dailies, doing the first hc and scenario of the day, and planting stuff on the tillers farm.

    -You can earn valor from dailies, hc's, scenarios, raids, raidfinder.

    You have soo many options as to acquire your rep and valor now, but you want the only way they can't give you and that's by random drops. People would be screaming that they felt obligated to farm random level-appropriate mobs until they hit exalted to stay competitive.
    They can't do it till they hit exalted. There must still be a daily cap, just as there is now.

  16. #36
    Oh, it's boring to you already? I take it you've already downed Ra-Den and Chaud is writing up a post about your accomplishments right now.

    You've had hours of experience with the patch at best, with most of the content locked either due to a decision (LFR) or other people not being ready (normal and heroic raids) or due to just seemingly not knowing about it (Isle of Giants). Only after a month of still having the same feeling, you have my permission to cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chen Stormstout
    To ask why we fight is to ask why leaves fall. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit
    Gravity? We fight because gravity? Never listen to a philosophy from a panda.

  17. #37
    I've been a huge hater of the original MoP daily quest system. But 5.2 is not bad at all. They're falling back onto the old system which was much much better. The rep that gets you gear that actually matters this tier is tied directly to doing the raid, instead of doing a million dailies for various factions. The dailies on the island still reward gear, but with a much lower item level, so raiders don't feel like they have to do them. Ontop of that there are a ton of rares to kill, world bosses for everyone, silly little pets and mounts etc for chumps like me who like that kind of thing. 5.2 is a great patch. Don't just look at dailies and complain, look at the whole picture. This is much more like TBC daily system than MoP system. I love it.

  18. #38
    The Patient Holymidget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Good ole' United Kingdom
    Posts
    204
    Yet another QQ thread..... Just bloody stop playing WoW if you think its getting 'dissappointing'. Simple.

    Only thing you'd see my bullshit Blizzard about is the nerfs and buffs to classes.

    The new content is awesome.

  19. #39
    The Patient Arthrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    A new patch and i still see no reason to resub?
    And I still see no reason to posthunt?


    5.2 seems amazing so far imo.
    Happiness!

    {◕ ◡ ◕}

  20. #40
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I just now finally managed to peel myself away from it. Maybe I was one of the only people who actually liked the Isle of Quel'danas >_____________>;
    Ditto. (/10 Chars)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •