Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Exactly the same problem here. The adds spawn and are directly aiming for our heal druid. There isn't even the slightest chance for the tanks to pick the mobs up. In the videos I have seen the mobs all headed directly to the tank on the sand guy.
    In the video, was that tank a Paladin?
    I feel fairly certain that the adds' aggro table is accessible even while they're just Quicksand. Prot Pallies do quite a bit of healing, and it's affected by their threat modifier if I'm not mistaken, so he'll be building up a lot of healing aggro as the fight goes.

    If you don't have a Prot Pally then they'll make a beeline for your best healer. Because Blizz has a sense of humor. :>

  2. #102
    Field Marshal Zyphenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Exactly the same problem here. The adds spawn and are directly aiming for our heal druid. There isn't even the slightest chance for the tanks to pick the mobs up. In the videos I have seen the mobs all headed directly to the tank on the sand guy.
    We use a DK tank, and we just had our whole raidgroup stack up on Death & Decay when he was casting sandstorm, so it was easy to pick them up. Then immediatly spread after again. (There are obviously no Sand Bolt casts when hes casting Sandstorm)

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    In the video, was that tank a Paladin?
    I feel fairly certain that the adds' aggro table is accessible even while they're just Quicksand. Prot Pallies do quite a bit of healing, and it's affected by their threat modifier if I'm not mistaken, so he'll be building up a lot of healing aggro as the fight goes.

    If you don't have a Prot Pally then they'll make a beeline for your best healer. Because Blizz has a sense of humor. :>
    if u talking about my video then i will be the prot pala that u talking about too but here the thing i didn't tank any adds we killed the sand guy before he start the sand storm so no adds in our fight and that was before the nerf

  4. #104
    What annoys me about that hotfix is the fact that it was 11pm server time... that's when we end our raid....
    fuuuu

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    if u talking about my video then i will be the prot pala that u talking about too but here the thing i didn't tank any adds we killed the sand guy before he start the sand storm so no adds in our fight and that was before the nerf
    If there were no adds in your video then we're clearly not talking about your video...

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's 10% of their maximum health, thats 9 mill dmg less the 1.5m = 7.5m
    Dungeon journal says 5%, was there a hotfix of this?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Dungeon journal says 5%, was there a hotfix of this?
    5% on norm, 10% on heroic.

  8. #108
    Without having world-class dps, we found the best way to do this encounter on 10 man since the health adjustment was 3 healing it but still using the burn Sul first strat. You'll most likely want to kill the adds still as they'll only make burning Sul down before his empower harder but with only one dps on him the whole time (along with a tank) and opening with a lust on him as well, Sul died shortly after our third possesion, which was Marl'ii. Very easy encounter once he is dead and it only gets easier of course. Two healers is definitely doable but the -15 million HP really makes killing Sul before the fourth empowerment a piece of cake so IMO it's better to be safe than risky when you don't need to be, there is a lot of damage in this fight even if you do everything perfectly. Depending on their health and possessions, Frost King is a good one to burn down second as he's the next most dangerous, the other 2 by themselves can probably be 5 manned.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-13 at 11:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •