Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    Can anybody come with some tips?

My raid and I used 3+ hours yesterday banging our heads against these trolls, it felt like people kept dying from sand traps/roll stuff.
    Our comp is:
    Tanks; War/Monk

Healers; Sham/Druid/Priest

DPS; Boomkin/Hunter/Sprist/Retpal/Mage

We usually take marli to one side and tank sul + malakk on the other side cleaving those until marli is empowered, then we took those 2 to marli and cleaved all of them.

We tried different strats with lust in start on Sul busting him until loa spirit spawned, then went on malakk.
    We tried waiting with lust until 4th empowered troll (sul) and lusting there, but we couldn't find the best way.

I really wanted to post logs and look at them, but wol fucked up :/
    Would be kinda helpful to elaborate on what is going wrong and where? And like the previous poster said, you wanna burn Sul, go 2 heals

Deleted
    Why are the living sand going for healer and ignoring tanks trying to get threat on them?..

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Why are the living sand going for healer and ignoring tanks trying to get threat on them?..
    This happened to us all night aswell, even tho I sat on Sul the entire fight building aggro and interrupting.

Deleted
    On some pulls it goes right onto healers ignoring mock banner / MD / thunderclap, and some pull they stick to me like theyd be fixated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    The quicksand pools are technically the living sand mobs, so from the moment the pools go down, healers are building healing threat on them. That means tanks have a bit of catch up to do when they actually become attackable.

At least, that's what I was noticing. They are definitely not related to threat on Sul in any way.

Deleted
    Ummm why did we get only 1 item from Council?

Deleted
    Boss is bugged as fuck.

We wiped 4 Hours today because Kazrajin just kept beeing empowered and didnt got out of it. It wipes the raid everytime, no matter how much damage we dealt to him.

Also it was hard as fuck to heal this boss as a disc. Not sure if we gonna get the kill tomorrow...also not sure if working as intended that the raidmg is so high.

Deleted
    We managed to kill him in 25 men using the Sul burning technique. It went as follows:
    All melee on Sul ( had like 4, I believe ) full time, while ranged did the normal tactics. Sul managed to get empowered and did two sandstorms, but he was dead a minute after his disempowerment. After that, it was all about enduring the rest of the fight and pushing out the DPS before the shadow-thing ticks managed to overwhelm us.

Our average ilvl was around 495. We tried the normal tactic and wiped like 7 times at the 50% HP mark. With the burn tactic, we wiped twice, but the results were seen way faster than with the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Boss is bugged as fuck.

We wiped 4 Hours today because Kazrajin just kept beeing empowered and didnt got out of it. It wipes the raid everytime, no matter how much damage we dealt to him.

Also it was hard as fuck to heal this boss as a disc. Not sure if we gonna get the kill tomorrow...also not sure if working as intended that the raidmg is so high.
    You're sure that you were dealing 25% health from when the council member got the empowerment right? The empowerment isn't broken on set 25, 50 and 75 intervals.

Deleted
    Yes we did it right.

We had one very close try, Sul/Frostguy down, Kazrajin on 5% and priestes on 15 but we wiped because me and my hpally healing mate had absolutely no mana left. he and me was OOM for about 2 Minutes, keeping the raid alive with stuff like embrace, shaman healing tides and some shit.

But in the end, i am unable to keep the raid alive with the new disc changes(too small direct heals, absorbs are gone instant because dark energy at 40k tick). i can dump some of the damage, but the raid goes slowly down, way too much raiddamage.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 04:55 AM ----------

Reposting from Priest forum:

Well, we fought Council some Hours ago and Wiped about 3 Hours without killing him.

As longer as the Fight goes, im getting some really big problems in Terms of keeping the Raid alive.

Raidcomp:
    Log from best try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2177&e=2707
    Tanks: Warrior and Druid
    DPS: Retri, Lock, Shadow, Elemental, Rogue and a Hunter.
    Heal: Disc (me) and a Hpally ( in 3 healing mode with an Resto-Shaman)

Our Tactic is: Burn Sul to 50%, then switch to malak and Damage 25%. After this normal Empowered bosses and Sul dies before he Empowers (if the DPS is enough). One DD, the Ret, stays on Sul, sometime switches if Damage is not enough on empowered boss.

The main Problem is the very high Raiddamage. I use Spiritshell while Malak casts the debuff and after this for the Dark Energy from empowered Bosses. I use smite if not much raiddamage is going on, Using shield on tanks and people with debuff.

But that isnt enough. Sometimes a player has the malak debuff AND gets the sand (which instantly roots the person which it targets), causing extremely high spikedamage and if i am not in range ( which sometimes happens) to give him and critshield, he dies.

Sul Sand Bolts are 99% interrupted.

If the group drops too hard, our Shaman pulls healing tide or the shadow uses embrace. But we are still oom pretty fast.

Also we have alot trys with random deaths from high damage spikes.

What can i do? Is the Raid doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Odd question perhaps, but is it even worth taking down the spirits that heal the lowest hp boss? They heal for 5% max hp, which is roughtly 4.5M, and they have 1.5M hp themselves. That means if you'd ignore them completely, you'd need to do 3M more damage every 30 seconds (100k dps), not even counting targetswitching/ramp-up time/globals spent on stuns. However, by ignoring them, you can solotank it, which means 1 extra dps, all vengeance funneled on 1 epic-cleaving tank, and more cleaves in general. Surely these things would add more than 100k dps, no? Not to mention a lot less hassle/running around. Or am I missing something?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I need some help, before I lose my raid spot for first time ever arrggg QQ

I dont get this boss encounter sort of......im fine with avoiding the charge and crap on the ground, and killing ads when summonded.

What I dont understand is, when the boss is empowered. I see nothing anywhere on screen to tell me, it is. Im using DBM.

I was just assuming when a boss becomes like purple colour, you know like how a shadow priest looks, that, that is when it is empowered ?
    At some stage I was dpsing one that was i presume empowered, was purple colour, and i was getting mass damage onmyself, I dont know why or what from, but seemed every time I was hitting one of them, at some point, what happened there ?

other is that frost trap, orb, Im told too NOT stack with someone when one of the bosses is empowered, only when the boss is not empowered, this seemed weird, im sure i read on icy veins, you stack with someone when boss is empowered for the frost bomb thing.

Can you confirm please ?
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    I was just assuming when a boss becomes like purple colour, you know like how a shadow priest looks, that, that is when it is empowered ?
    At some stage I was dpsing one that was i presume empowered, was purple colour, and i was getting mass damage onmyself, I dont know why or what from, but seemed every time I was hitting one of them, at some point, what happened there ?

other is that frost trap, orb, Im told too NOT stack with someone when one of the bosses is empowered, only when the boss is not empowered, this seemed weird, im sure i read on icy veins, you stack with someone when boss is empowered for the frost bomb thing.

Can you confirm please ?
    The damage you got when dpsing was from dpsing Kazra'jin when he's empowered. You just need to heal that through.

You stack when Malakk is empowered (Frostbite) and destack when he's not (Biting Cold).

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    The damage you got when dpsing was from dpsing Kazra'jin when he's empowered. You just need to heal that through.

You stack when Malakk is empowered (Frostbite) and destack when he's not (Biting Cold).

thanks for your reply.

Why am I not seeing any bar, or empowerment anywhere ?

Am I correct the empowered ones go purple and stay that way until they are no longer empowered ??
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    thanks for your reply.

Why am I not seeing any bar, or empowerment anywhere ?

Am I correct the empowered ones go purple and stay that way until they are no longer empowered ??
    Its pretty obvious who is empowred, as you said - they become dark purple like a shadowpriest and start gaining energy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Odd question perhaps, but is it even worth taking down the spirits that heal the lowest hp boss? They heal for 5% max hp, which is roughtly 4.5M, and they have 1.5M hp themselves. That means if you'd ignore them completely, you'd need to do 3M more damage every 30 seconds (100k dps), not even counting targetswitching/ramp-up time/globals spent on stuns. However, by ignoring them, you can solotank it, which means 1 extra dps, all vengeance funneled on 1 epic-cleaving tank, and more cleaves in general. Surely these things would add more than 100k dps, no? Not to mention a lot less hassle/running around. Or am I missing something?
    The only problem I can see here, is the high amounts of damage on tank.
    But that should be doable for 2-3 healers, I might try this with my guild

Deleted
    We ignored the healing adds yesterday but we two tanked it.
    Dont forget that Marli and Malakk deal quite a lot damage to tanks.

I wont say its impossible to one tank it but i guess it will be quite a lot to heal :P

It's 10% of their maximum health, thats 9 mill dmg less the 1.5m = 7.5m

Deleted
    For our kill last night we started on Sul and blew all cooldowns and heroism with prepots ofc, got him to around 55% and then switched to Malakk (left both melee on sand guy) to burn him before he reached full energy (cleaves had already taken him to around 80%)

Switched to Priestess and dragged Sul over to her. Kept melee on Sul and used their cleave to help with Mar'li.

Switched to Kazrah'jin and burned him as much as possible, healers didn't seem overly taxed during the overloads. At this point Sul died and we had about 8 quick sands up.

At this point the fight gets much much easier as you don't have to worry about any sand adds and you also don't have to worry about the sand bolts which were the majority of our damage taken.

A Warlock allows melee to totally ignore the spirits (Shadowfury+glyphed CoE), I'm sure other classes can provide other utilities.

Note we always had people keeping dots up on Sul to ensure he went down.
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2013-03-11 at 11:00 AM.

we did it with 2 tanks and 2 healers hope this video help
    btw our ilvl -500