Brewmaster - Chi Wave vs Zen Sphere

As the title says, what do you think is better? I was leaning towards chi wave, but honestly I'm not sure.
    biym

I did a few challenge modes with my usual crew, I'm actually liking zen sphere at this point in time. Chi wave is never guaranteed to heal you specifically, zen sphere always does, with a big vengeance stack the dot essentially cancels out your stagger. Going to say Zen Sphere for me right now.

chi wave for single target. zen spehere is really awesome for aoe bosses like horridon if ur the add tank. put one on urself and one on a melee and its helps out with the raid heals/dmg quite a bit.

if you put zensphere on someone else then itll expire on you right? i think ill just be refreshing it every 16 secs.

what about tank trinkets? anyone take a look at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    if you put zensphere on someone else then itll expire on you right? i think ill just be refreshing it every 16 secs.

what about tank trinkets? anyone take a look at that?
    This is incorrect, I believe. The new Zen Sphere specifically states a "maximum of 2 targets", so I think you can put one on yourself, and someone else as well for the 6 second overlap or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuron View Post
    As the title says, what do you think is better? I was leaning towards chi wave, but honestly I'm not sure.
    I love zen sphere. im around 476 ilvl, and with the change to it doubled with healing elixirs, im a TON less spikey than before. It reminds me alot of my pally (489 ilvl) with word of glory doubled with sacred shield.

I disliked the randomness of healthpool pre 5.2. It seemed I would go from 100% to 45% in one global while tanking. Its definitely better this time around.

ps - The detonation of it is worth taking it alone. I was tanking adds for sha and noticed it came in 3rd in recount for most overall damage.

It lasts for 16 seconds and has a 10 sec CD.

You cast, it 16 secs starts on you.
    At 10 sec, you can cast on someone else.
    At 20 sec, you can cast on you again- leaving a 4 second gap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried ZS on Horridon, but I find it a bit too demanding in terms of tracking if you use it on you AND the other tank, even with a mouseover macro and a nice display on Vuhdo. Maybe I lack practicing but went back to Chi wave

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been able to raid yet and I hate tanking in LFR, but when I did Galleon with some guildies I tried it out a bit by popping it on the other tank. I was basically just taunting for Vengeance and then used ZS on the tank, ticked for about 8k per tick with ~40-50k vengeance. Imo it feels like a much more reliable heal in PvE, you never know where that Chi Wave buggers off to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.