Deleted

Most fun class to play casual BGs?

As the title says, I have a Frost DK that I find quite fun to play in BGs but I'm looking for something new. No healers please, only dps.

Suggestions appreciated.

Hunters, Paladins, Mages, Warlocks... All fun classes to play IMO.

Well I´m not sure how much has changed cause I haven´t really tested it, but on 5.1 destruction lock was VERY fun to play on BGs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGoku View Post
    Hunters, Paladins, Mages, Warlocks... All fun classes to play IMO.
    How good are paladins? I've heard they're quite bad this expansion.

Also, bonus points if people who played PTR/live 5.2 are responding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue/Feral, mainly because its fun running around in stealth

Deleted
    From my experience: survival hunter is pretty fun on bg (BM is meh, and MM is kinda underpowered and boring right now), windwalker monk (gearing one at the moment, I see a lot of possibilities with this class, especially with the new 5.2 patch. Monk is my main at the moment) and fire mage (big crits, it's pretty fun to setup a kill with alter time)

Just stay far away from healers, it's nothing but stress. At times I wonder why -I- insist on playing a healer when all you get is being focused, CCed and having half the enemy team switch onto you the moment you pop up, and if you should happen to wander into those people in 2/2 elite who for some reason still queue for random BGs, you may as well just /afk.

I'd recommend a Hunter, as they seem to go completely under the radar of Blizzard. Cooldowns, Readiness, more cooldowns, not to mention that it doesn't matter if you're CCed, because your pet does half of your damage for you.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-03-06 at 03:25 PM.

Warrior if you have a healer following you around, You feel like god mode.

If you're solo... go rogue. Played correctly you can be the thorn in the side of multiple enemy players within a bg.

I tried to find general reasons which make me enjoy a class in BGs, and that's not an easy task. So far I've found two things:

- mobility
    - high uptime as a DPS

I do not enjoy a lot of classes due to the first reason, for example my S-Priest. The second point excludes almost any meele, any of those can be kited, which is a fun killer for me.

Well, so I ended up with a BM Hunter and currently going for a mage. Both classes have superior mobility and a good dps uptime.

Deleted
    Windwalker monk hands down.

i would say rogue or hunter. Rogues are so annoying and stealth is such a powerful tool. You can choose who and when to fight. As for hunter i think they are good because i think in a casual bg ranged classes turreting on the hill/background get lost in the fray between the fighting melee classes. Also hunters are know to be amazing in bgs and imo bm hunters are very strong and not to hard. dont even have to be that good at kiting, your pet will just chew faces off for you while u back peddle and shoot people point blank.(sorry, if the last part sounded bitchy as a former hunter i dont like what they have become in terms of skill to use them)

I enjoy BM hunter a lot in bgs (with a spirit beast pet). You don't need a pocket healer to stay up, spirit bond + pet heal means I usually end up with around 2 million self heals done essentially for free. They have the burst damage of a warrior but can do it from a distance and then reset cds and do it again. So I have to say BM hands down.

Even though they've been weak so far this expansion, rogues are still a great solo class to mess around with. It's just so convenient to be able to pick your battles, and you can still be a very effective nuisance. Granted, hunters and druids can do the same, but I don't play them. If stealth isn't your thing, mages are always a safe bet.

Rogue, hunter, or anything Nightelf.

Windwalker monks, if for nothing else other than the mobility. It's quite fun being able to sit on just about any class and spec, even frost mages. Highest damage uptime of any melee class I've played. And don't even get me started on ring of peace if you're rolling with a pocket healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Just stay far away from healers, it's nothing but stress. At times I wonder why -I- insist on playing a healer when all you get is being focused, CCed and having half the enemy team switch onto you the moment you pop up, and if you should happen to wander into those people in 2/2 elite who for some reason still queue for random BGs, you may as well just /afk.
    Just for fun, or simply because we don't have anything better to do right now. I'm doing the same usually queueing with 2-4 other similar equipped battlegrounds mostly for the small ones such as WSG, managed to get 150~hk in one, was quite fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow "help me choose my class" threads, and this thread is a prime example of why. "Most Fun" is a subjective idea that varies from person to person; we can't answer that for you. You'll have to do the work for yourself to find out what is the most fun for you in random battlegrounds.

Closing.