Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

First valor purchases of 5.2?

Since we're able to keep valor, and many of the valor items are purchasable on day one, I'm surprised I don't see more talk about first day valor purchases.

---

hit/mastery neck

hit/mastery bracers

int/haste-proc trinket

haste/crit finger

----

are all achievable on the first day assuming its possible to farm at least to friendly on day 1 (please correct me if I'm wrong?). I'm unsure about honored, but I would assume not. I make a few assumptions based on intuitive logic rather than mathematical analysis, if those assumptions hold untrue than this information would fluctuate greatly.

I'm going to assume the crit finger is useless as the neck and bracers are itemized well enough to ignore it. For most, i understand the ilvl may make it worth something (alot of BiS farmers still use 489 rep or valor ring, or maybe 496 faction ring).

The bracers are essentially a direct ilvl upgrade from any HoF bracers (hit/haste/mastery interchangeably re-allocated to reach hit/haste caps and maximize mastery). But the 502 neckpieces with crit on them seem trumped by a long shot the 522 neckpiece without crit on it. And from an iLvl standpoint, the 522 neckpiece would trump any 489 neckpiece anyone might still have on just the same. Seems the neck is a no-brainer.

Trinket seems like a direct iLvl upgrade from EoT (except 10 seconds instead of 20 seconds), but I'm unsure of proc chances or ICDs. Assuming that balances out to make it a direct upgrade (please correct me if I am wrong), that makes it the equivalent to the bracers as a direct ilvl upgrade. I'm making the assumption here that everyone is upgrading EoT or RoY with 522 trinket, as LotC is almost untouchably good; please correct me if you know this assumption is wrong.

----

So its based upon which of those slots is the least upgraded as of patch day.

If you're full 509/517 in every feasible slot; neck and ring are best upgrades.

If you're not wearing BiS as of now; it would be based upon what you're wearing now

currently wearing 509 wrists and 496 EoT or 476 RoY; then neck and trinket is best upgrade.

currently wearing 496 wrists and 496 EoT; ??? I would guess the wrists for simple matter that the cheaper valor cost allows quicker upgrading later on? I am completely unsure here.

And I'd assume no one has 496 wrists and 509 EoT, and if they did the assumption is very clear there.
    Last edited by SaltLakeAtrocity; 2013-02-26 at 08:42 PM.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

I personally plan to do trinket and fingers first not only cause of my current gear and the bigger ilvl difference versus the other option but also because I need 2 of each of those. This way I still have an open slot to pick up another 522 finger/trinket.

neck/ring/bracers for me

neck is obviously upgrade
    so are bracers and im using spirit ring cus blizzard decided it will be smart idea to add only 1 ring to the whole tier
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    neck/ring/bracers for me
    blizzard decided it will be smart idea to add only 1 ring to the whole tier
    YUP

ring + neck for me, maybe bracers but i'll see

trinket/ring for me. heroic sha never dropped the trinket(damn you rng 10man loot)

Neck + Ring (502 and 489) should be the bigger upgrade compared to the 509 gear in the other slots. So , for my char its a no brainer.

Deleted
    Likely going to be neck and wring for me too, but maybe loot gods will give me some more items between now and patch day to change my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    trinket/ring for me. heroic sha never dropped the trinket(damn you rng 10man loot)
    489 Klaxi ring and 476 LFR LotC if it makes you feel better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    489 Klaxi ring and 476 LFR LotC if it makes you feel better
    This.... .. ....

Infracted for spam. Post more constructively, please
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-27 at 12:26 AM.

Deleted
    Neck and trinket i suppose. anyone knows what lvl of rep is required to buy the head?

Deleted
    after we cleared the normal mode i will buy (depending on the drops, im the only int dps) ring --> neck --> bracers

Anyone know what the projected value of the trinket is relative to the Relic of Yu'lon? Still using that but don't mind much since the Normal Sha trinket hasn't come my way yet and it's got a god awful proc rate for Aff anyways.

The new trinket is basically an upgraded version of a the heroic sha trinket with a more friendly icd.

My original plan was to get the trinket/neck and hope a ring drops from normals. However, the trinket isn't nearly as tempting if I won't be playing affliction the majoirty of the tier. So I plan on getting neck/ring.

Will the new valor trinket replace current upgraded BiS trinkets, any ideas?

Deleted
    I have a 450 Ghost Iron Dragonling and 483 LFR Bracers.. that trinket and bracers, ohhhh yes. Ilvl boost by like 42485291895761819

Deleted
    well ive tried the lfr on the ptr(assuming the rep gain pr boss/trash is the same in flr and normal) and you will reach friendly once you killed the 3rd boss, after which you wont get rep from trash anymore, and you can only get rep from bosses once a week(assuming you can get rep from both the normal and lfr bosses once a week), so even with a full clear of ToT on the first day, i highly doubt you'll reach honored, friendly is a definate possibility when you've seen the first 3 bosses as they seem quite easy and i think that most ppl will reach friendly on the first day but honored will prolly not be reached the first 2 weeks of ToT.

on topic: i will without a doubt go after the trinket and neck first as they will be my biggest upgrades. i currently use the ilvl 489 VP neck and i still have Relic ilvl 484 and raidfinder Lotc(had bad luck with trinket drops) so getting those 2 things upgraded will be a rather significant upgrade in my avg ilvl.

and yes they will tramzh, think about it logically, essence of terror(517) hc fully upgraded is currently BiS and the valor trinket is basically the same just more int and more haste, so it will be an upgrade, but it wont be that huge.

Deleted
    or you can run trash rep runs on day one? ;p i hope not. i still have nightmares after doing trash runs in cc on 3 characters..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    This.... .. ....

Infracted for spam. Post more constructively, please

What's wrong with him sharing the same thoughts as someone else? Would it have been better if he wrote the exact same words as the guy above him?

On topic: I'm getting neck, bracers, ring, and I think belt is the last we can get? After that, VP hoarding..
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2013-02-27 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    I have a normal Elegon trinket and pvp malevolent ring. You have 3 guesses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    What's wrong with him sharing the same thoughts as someone else? Would it have been better if he wrote the exact same words as the guy above him?

On topic: I'm getting neck, bracers, ring, and I think belt is the last we can get? After that, VP hoarding..
    It was an automated infraction, as they consider simply consider all "this..." post to not provide anything concrete. I really don't mind, now I atleast know I'm not aloud to simply write that :P. But yes, I agree with you as I didn't consider me rewriting his post would provide anything more substantial. ^^

Edit: I didnt however realize I have the GL rep ring, but doesn't change my Items for 5.2!