Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    I was just reading this on the blizzard forums. So pathetic really, that they would try and can players establishing their factions Dominance over the horde.

Infact, this whole patch is bout over coming the enemy faction... and this is how the GMs respond rofl.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:28 PM ----------

Honestly. they could take the death, Mass up on the beach, and wipe the boat. But their faction is weak.
    Player on their server:
    Quote Originally Posted by archeye
    See I was actually there when this happened and can shed a little bit more insight that the OP simply forgot to mention from his post. This group of Alliance which consisted of roughly 40-60 players, sat on the Horde boat that all members who start the quest progression of the Isle of Thunder start on. Which, wouldn't be a problem if it were general PvP, however that wasn't the case.

This group of 40-60 alliance sat and spammed constant AoE on the landing spot for all Horde for 4+ straight hours. Making it impossible for anyone to actually fight back until hours later when some raids came by and attempted to push them off the boat. The near instant death, wasn't even the biggest issue this was a problem. The constant spam of people caused so much server lag that you couldn't even speak to a quest giver without a 10 second delay, thus causing zone disruption. Many people had their characters die so many times and were unable to handle the lag and survive the 4 hour AoE spam that they were unable to even see any of the Isle of Thunder content.

So that's what actually happened. It wasn't a random WPvP ganking going on, it was a continuous single location AoE spam of 40-60 Alliance causing zone disruption and preventing players from progressing with the Isle of Thunder because they were spamming the spawn location for the zone.
    Read through some of this thread's posts yeah? You can't really do much retaliation when there's a 10 second delay because of 40-60 alliance players spamming their AoE's on said boat.

Im having trouble understanding why a guild spamming aoe in one location lags a whole server. Was it just that island that was lagging or was it ogrimmar, stormwind, desolace, burning steppes etc etc. I have trouble believeing that 100ish players spamming spells in one area makes the entire server lag rather than just that area.

Also if its lagging for you its lagging for them, so stop with the 10 secs to cast spells BS cuz they are fighting under the same lag.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    But this is a game about war. It's right there in the title, here I'll bold it for you:
    World of Warcraft
    It's also called WORLD , it is not as big as the world! Oh no!

Seriously , its a videogame, that is meant to be enjoyed . If the manner in which certain people grief completely inhibits others experience then they should be banned. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can see that. Also, they griefed the ship, which, now that I think about it, means it was impossible for the other side to form up and fight back. They'd all be dead before the loading screen finished. That's not honorable. That's just being dicks.
    This. From those screenshots, they were simply told to leave the ship, not the island itself. I see nothing wrong with that judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Im having trouble understanding why a guild spamming aoe in one location lags a whole server. Was it just that island that was lagging or was it ogrimmar, stormwind, desolace, burning steppes etc etc. I have trouble believeing that 100ish players spamming spells in one area makes the entire server lag rather than just that area.

Also if its lagging for you its lagging for them, so stop with the 10 secs to cast spells BS cuz they are fighting under the same lag.
    Then where's the WPvP when there's nothing but lag because one side has to stress the World Server? Why do they need to spam AoE's and stress the server? It no longer becomes fair play because it then moves into Zone Disruption and the GameMasters get involved which is acceptable and justifiable.

I havent logged into this account in a long time, but i just wanted to tell the people in this thread that THIS GUILD HAS PURPOSEFULLY CRASHED THE SERVER MULTIPLE TIMES OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS. They have 1000 people on call and the only rule of the guild is that when the Arkaos announces a "pvp event", you drop all your shit and aoe wherever the group is going. I remember having this problem multiple times in the beginning of cata, where the entire guild would bring 600 people into org and aoe, and crash the world server after 2 minutes. this guild doesnt actually pvp at all, they just call massive amounts of people to aoe and crash the server. they also come into horde trade chat and spam dumb messages for their guild, they are without a doubt the most obnoxious annoying guild i have ever had the displeasure of seeing in this game.
    weeee!

While I suspect there's more to it than just a little bit of organized world pvp, it's still on a PvP server and there are risks to that. It seems harsh to discipline players this way.

However, I'm fairly certain there were less PvP and more outright griefing. I don't think this guild deals in fair fights, so to speak. But still, griefing is an inherent risk on PvP servers.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

Fantastically chuckleworthy... that Blizzard underestimates how douchebaggery the general wow populace has become. Also a telling sign to see all those "wut blizzard doesnt allow pvp" when in this case you cannot call camping a spawnpoint pvp in any way or form. If you think that is pvp, grats, your a total douchebag.

Seems a lot of people need to do some reading of this thread before jumping onto the OP's side, because he has made his story extremely biased, not caring to explain the methods of which he tried to "WPvP" (If you can even call that kind of server stress WPvP'ing lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheule View Post
    Fantastically chuckleworthy... that Blizzard underestimates how douchebaggery the general wow populace has become. Also a telling sign to see all those "wut blizzard doesnt allow pvp" when in this case you cannot call camping a spawnpoint pvp in any way or form. If you think that is pvp, grats, your a total douchebag.
    QFT especially the last bit.

Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheule View Post
    97% of the games playerbase falls into this category.

Nothing really to do but close down all the servers, and start with Titan.

it sad

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Then where's the WPvP when there's nothing but lag because one side has to stress the World Server? Why do they need to spam AoE's and stress the server? It no longer becomes fair play because it then moves into Zone Disruption and the GameMasters get involved which is acceptable and justifiable.
    they spam aoes because targeting would take too long and would only hit one at a time, Aoes hit everyone and kill ppl faster specially with that much aoe. Common sense. Again i dont get how its stressing the server, it seems more like as your loading in its trying to load all that aoe with it so its lagging you. If you were to be elsewhere on the island would you be lagging? If you were in Stormwind would you be lagging? if not then i dont think they are stressing the server, they are just overloading you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    they spam aoes because targeting would take too long and would only hit one at a time, Aoes hit everyone and kill ppl faster specially with that much aoe. Common sense. Again i dont get how its stressing the server, it seems more like as your loading in its trying to load all that aoe with it so its lagging you. If you were to be elsewhere on the island would you be lagging? If you were in Stormwind would you be lagging? if not then i dont think they are stressing the server, they are just overloading you.
    So 10 second delays on the island itself doesn't count? That's called Zone Disruption and it can be an offense on PvP servers if it's repeatedly committed for a number of hours. Blizzard wants players to experience their new patch, fortunately this zone appears to be apart of this patch, but players like these are making it hard for Blizzard's customers to experience said content because a douchebag guild likes to lag the zone with delayed abilities. Why can't they just leave that boat and PvP on the battlefield/island? Because they know there'd be a retaliation and proper WPvP.

Thats just how it works, a 1000 players casting spells across all of pandaria isnt a problem, 1000 players casting spells in a 4 by 4 square does. It just how the server works and we've seen activities like that crash the server before. These players would have been banned even if they weren't attacking any horde simply because they are intentionally stressing the server. (as opposed to galleon where it is an unintentional side effect of players trying to down him.)

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 01:48 PM ----------

So 10 second delays on the island itself doesn't count? That's called Zone Disruption and it can be an offense on PvP servers if it's repeatedly committed for a number of hours. Blizzard wants players to experience their new patch, fortunately this zone appears to be apart of this patch, but players like these are making it hard for Blizzard's customers to experience said content because a douchebag guild likes to lag the zone with delayed abilities. Why can't they just leave that boat and PvP on the battlefield/island? Because they know there'd be a retaliation and proper WPvP.
    This is really the crux of the issue, for a player group of that size they could easily have taken to the island and slaughtered everyone in sight over a large area. They chose to camp the spawn point because players zoning in would not be able to do anything before they die.

Yeah, it's quite clear from the screenshots that the issue wasn't exactly what the OP advertises. The GM doesn't ask them to stop "PvP happening on a PvP server" but to simply move off the boat. Over 40 Alliance players in the small confines of the Sunreaver boat spamming AoEs is straight up zone disruption. Sure, when talking about world PvP there is a line of thinking that anything goes under it, but when it causes problems beyond simple player griefing and effects the quality of the client/server relationship then Blizzard have to step in. To be honest, the screenshots that the OP provided more showed him up than the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Simply put, no.

There's PvP, and then there's Zone Disruption. Remember Swifty's ban for having millions of people join him on his server, crashing the server under the stress? Same thing. If you disrupt an area so much that you're denying players content then the banhammer comes out.
    The Swifty ban was even more stupid than this one was. All he did was create a community event. Too bad WoW is MMO that cannot support actual MMO level interaction in same space and it started crashing servers. He even begged people to not log in to the server after it started crashing to not cause further distruption.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Pretty sure killing people at the teleport is Zone disruption. If you had all been on the isle killing everyone I'd imagine that would be fine, but camping the place they port in is kinda weak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

PVP did not happened.

Zone disruption happened.

Some people fail to see the difference. Others do.

Ruinous need to take some serious readings on the rules of the game they are playing.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-06 at 07:06 PM.

So if there was no lag in that area then it would be fine right? Sounds like blizzard needs to use that sub money to improve their servers in response to largescale actions. You have one world boss (onadasta) where the spamming of spells and huge numbers of players will occur and if that lags the server will you complain? doubt it cuz your not getting killed by other players.

I don't even know why the discussion has gone on this long. The PVP policy clearly states that those things are allowed, except in extreme circumstances. Obviously, given the amount of reports being sent in, that GM thought that this instance constituted one of those extreme circumstances. Stop, or get banned. Simple as that.