Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you are not from Kil'jaeden and are saying "PVP on a PVP Server", then you know nothing of this situation. I have been Horde on Kil'jaeden for over 2 years and this guild Ruinous is notorious for lagging and griefing. I don't mind World PVP at all. What I do mind is taking 5 minutes to mount up in Orgrimmar due to insane lag and having the server crash over 5 times in a night (not what happened yesterday, just one of many other days). They spent hours, with over 200 people online, spamming and lagging the boat. They crashed the zone. They are not that naive, they know EXACTLY what they are doing. I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't acted in the past (like when crashing a big city like Org constantly).

Since I'm very very familiar with this situation, I am happy Blizzard chimed in. I would wish this kind of "world PVP" on no one. It is not fun for anyone except the griefers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    might as well link what it's from

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8155915525
    "This topic has been deleted.
    Click here to return to the forums."
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    If you are not from Kil'jaeden and are saying "PVP on a PVP Server", then you know nothing of this situation. I have been Horde on Kil'jaeden for over 2 years and this guild Ruinous is notorious for lagging and griefing. I don't mind World PVP at all. What I do mind is taking 5 minutes to mount up in Orgrimmar due to insane lag and having the server crash over 5 times in a night (not what happened yesterday, just one of many other days). They spent hours, with over 200 people online, spamming and lagging the boat. They crashed the zone. They are not that naive, they know EXACTLY what they are doing. I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't acted in the past (like when crashing a big city like Org constantly).

Since I'm very very familiar with this situation, I am happy Blizzard chimed in. I would wish this kind of "world PVP" on no one. It is not fun for anyone except the griefers.
    Ellumina, I'm right here with you. Makes me not want to play the game sometimes. I love PvP and the aspect of the game and I only encourage the WPvP acts of decent guilds and those that don't overload areas. But Ruinous does it to make our lives terrible. It's more about griefing to them than actually accomplishing a WPvP goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    ...this guild Ruinous is notorious for lagging and griefing.
    This happens in other games as well. WoW is not the first one they ruin.
    I'm still thinking about it...

I love World PvP and I think you deserve to get banned if you do. This is the worst kind of "World PvP", the worst of the worst. Corpse Campers/Spawn Campers whatever. Just like those douches at the Dark Portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

not really iy wasn't world pvp at all it was portal ganking,

Someone ports in and they gank them before their screen loads up and they can defend themselves, that's player vs lag not pvp

and they should get 24 hour bands being douchebags,

pvp on the actual island itself where people have a chance to defend themselves not a problem, on the port to boat, big problem all zone disruption 0 wpvp value

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I love World PvP and I think you deserve to get banned if you do. This is the worst kind of "World PvP", the worst of the worst. Corpse Campers/Spawn Campers whatever. Just like those douches at the Dark Portal.
    Then maybe blizzard should think of a new rez system that allows for the moving of corpses so that you cant be camped. Similar to GW2 Waypoints allow players to open the map and select a graveyard to place their body at and get rid of rez sickness ffs.

New patch finally brings WPvP back, something that thousands or even millions of players have wanted for long. A guild takes up initiative and creates a massive WPvP happening. Call it ganking, call it server blocking, it was WPvP, that's the goal of it, fall back, organize a big group and tackle the group of meanies. Now Blizzard wants to defuse its own good decision?
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The Swifty ban was even more stupid than this one was. All he did was create a community event. Too bad WoW is MMO that cannot support actual MMO level interaction in same space and it started crashing servers. He even begged people to not log in to the server after it started crashing to not cause further distruption.
    ill let you in on a little secret.. they banned swifty so the rest of those people would leave. it was easier to ban one semi-celebrity and apologize later, then to ban 1000 people and have to go thru the headaches of PR for all those people. the community event wasnt wrong, but it did have a side effect of ruining others play time on that server. the people who dont care about swifty or his event.

this example of being a public nuisance is not proper pvp. im so thankful i left my pitiful pvp server in favor of my better pve server. id have no problems if they sat just off the boat, or even roamed in packs on the island, and started fights with people. but im sorry, nobody could fight back in this situation. glad blizzard saw their mistakes and helped those people out. there was no pvp solution when you deny your opponent the opportunity to pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They PvPd in a zone? What else is there to say.
    Yeah I really hate this so simple black and white answer of its a pvp realm then any type of pvp prevails over ToS. I play on Illidan but was not on yesterday when this happened. The guild that did this, well lets say they do not have a good rep as an alliance guild. That being said from I read what happened that the horde was getting griefed on the zone-in boat and gettin killed before they zoned in is on the guild or griefers. I will admit that blizz messed up in not forseeing this and they should have buffed bosses or guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Then maybe blizzard should think of a new rez system that allows for the moving of corpses so that you cant be camped. Similar to GW2 Waypoints allow players to open the map and select a graveyard to place their body at and get rid of rez sickness ffs.
    Why should blizzard HAVE to do something like that? These people are just douchebags and the gm warning was well deserved.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Rewriting this post completely:

Ruinous is terrible, as the GM said they knew what they were doing.

If you ask me, it's cool to have a Tyrant on the opposing faction to single out and demolish, but my goodness they abuse the hell out of every taken action.

If you ask me, perma ban their guild leader.. he is a crappy lock anyway
    Last edited by Tripz; 2013-03-06 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    New patch finally brings WPvP back, something that thousands or even millions of players have wanted for long. A guild takes up initiative and creates a massive WPvP happening. Call it ganking, call it server blocking, it was WPvP, that's the goal of it, fall back, organize a big group and tackle the group of meanies. Now Blizzard wants to defuse its own good decision?
    How? When you cant even get your body back.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Basically Horde took control over zone via superior firepower and troops in PvP server of a World of WARcraft and carebears cried out injustice instead of putting up a fight back.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

First off, there is no way this is world pvp, this was exploiting game mechanics (loading screens). What I find most disturbing, are those saying this is Blizzards fault because they didn't catch this detail, and that ruinous has no blame because blizzard could have prevented everything.
    I for one appreciate that Blizzard is creating a massive game and there will be times when bugs/exploits/glitches will happen and that if we wanted a game without it content would either A) be delivered at a much slower rate or B) less content would be delivered because they'd have to spend al that much more time bug checking rather then developing. So instead they put out the PTR so we can help with finding these things and reporting them. Obviously this guild spent some time on the PTR to know this was possible and rather then reporting it though they would use this for their own causes. I hate the fact that more people seem to use the PTR to perfect their exploits then to report them it seems. And then because no one reported them, they don't get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Basically Horde took control over zone via superior firepower and troops in PvP server of a World of WARcraft and carebears cried out injustice instead of putting up a fight back.
    By "zone" you mean the 4x4 boat area that players get ported to, and by "took control" you mean AOE'd the shit out of it in the process lagging everyone up and killing players before they even got out of the loading screen, for hours nonetheless... pvp fuck yeah.

wow... I had no idea - but I have definitley found my new guild.

They pushed to far, pretty much breaking the game if you will. Ofc they will get a reaction, should have move from that boat and away from quest givers. They can't be that bright.

Nothing wrong with pvp or even spawn camping, but like the gm said. They were disrupting game play without any plans to stop anytime soon judging by what was said.

You will get the same reaction if you kill quest givers for hours, different situation same result.

edit: Just incase someone didn't understand, they were making it impossible to pick up a quest, blizzard don't like that. Nothing more to discuss. Next time they will know better. (maybe)
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-03-06 at 08:16 PM.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    By "zone" you mean the 4x4 boat area that players get ported to, and by "took control" you mean AOE'd the shit out of it in the process lagging everyone up and killing players before they even got out of the loading screen, for hours nonetheless... pvp fuck yeah.
    Probably same kind of people who'll abuse broken abilities(patch fault) that causes your opponent to DC and think they're awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Probably same kind of people who'll abuse broken abilities(patch fault) that causes your opponent to DC and think they're awesome.
    I wouldnt be surpised tbh.