Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    From what I saw on the official thread it looks like they were actually on the horde boat killing people as soon as they landed from flying into the zone. I can see that as being seen as greifing but I would assume the would just make them move off the boat to another part of the island. Does the boat not have high lvl/elite guards like BH did?
    This is exactly what happened. I am a Horde player on Kil'jaeden and the second I zoned into Isle of Thunder I was killed by literally hundreds of Ruinous players camping the boat you get dropped into.

OP is lying about what Ruinous was doing. They were not running around killing Horde players trying to do dailies. If they were, I would be totally fine with that. What DID happen was a concerted effort on their part to disrupt player access to 5.2 content on day one. SINCE THE SERVERS WENT UP, Ruinous camped that fucking boat for hours on end. Literally. They killed anyone who tried to zone in. They had well over 40 players crowded around that boat spamming AoE spells. What this did was lag the entire zone up horribly, and the server did crash at least once as a result.

OP is lying IMMENSELY about what happened. To call what Ruinous did "PvP on a PvP server" is a gross understatement AT BEST. They were griefing and abusing server capabilities, to say the least. It was literally impossible for us to retaliate because they had caused unbearable lag in Isle of Thunder as a result of spamming spells on the boat.

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/T1TMrFG.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Even if [Swifty] was banned, he would just make a new account.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Lol, tempbanning people for PvPing on a PvP realm
    There's a fine line to be tread when PvPing on a PvP server. There's PvPing, and then there's extreme PvPing such that it affects the experience of the opposing player(s). Corpse-camping over multiple days isn't allowed. Taking over Orgrimmar as the Alliance for multiple hours isn't allowed. Taking over the brand new zone for hours is a slightly easier version of holding an opposing city for hours.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well yes but the GM could have told them to leave the ship not the entire Island, i mean im sure there were plenty of guild members who weren't a part of that gankfest there and missed out on the content on the island.

(I don't play Alliance side so why do Alliance members land on a horde ship? )
    I missed out on 5.2 content for an entire day because they made the entire zone unbearably laggy and wouldn't let anyone complete the quest on the boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    This is exactly what happened. I am a Horde player on Kil'jaeden and the second I zoned into Isle of Thunder I was killed by literally hundreds of Ruinous players camping the boat you get dropped into.

OP is lying about what Ruinous was doing. They were not running around killing Horde players trying to do dailies. If they were, I would be totally fine with that. What DID happen was a concerted effort on their part to disrupt player access to 5.2 content on day one. SINCE THE SERVERS WENT UP, Ruinous camped that fucking boat for hours on end. Literally. They killed anyone who tried to zone in. They had well over 40 players crowded around that boat spamming AoE spells. What this did was lag the entire zone up horribly, and the server did crash at least once as a result.

OP is lying IMMENSELY about what happened. To call what Ruinous did "PvP on a PvP server" is a gross understatement AT BEST. They were griefing and abusing server capabilities, to say the least. It was literally impossible for us to retaliate because they had caused unbearable lag in Isle of Thunder as a result of spamming spells on the boat.

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/T1TMrFG.jpg

People know the risk when they roll on a pvp server and there is a pvp solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Right someone pointed out the swifty as a example. I was pointing out its a bad example since he got unbaned so quickly
    Still got banned. It may or may not have been his fault, but taking out the ringleader for a little while put the message across.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

You try retaliating against them when there is a ten second delay on attacks. I'm fully aware of the risks, thanks, but I don't need some dick sucker for Ruinous to try and justify camping the spawn point for all Horde into Isle of Thunder. The worst part of what they did was lag up the server and cause it to crash at least once, and it's because of that we couldn't resolve their camping with "a pvp solution."

I've been on Kil'jaeden for years and I've never seen a concerted guild effort to bar player entry into brand new content AND disrupt the server in the process. That isn't PvP.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-06 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    i agree with the ban, i like world pvp, play on a pvp server. but camping a quest givers and spawn point and preventing the other faction from doing anything is just bad. its pointless saying they should have banded up and fought back, the second they were off the loading screen they would have died

10+ Year Old Account
    You try retaliating against them when there is a ten second delay on attacks. I'm fully aware of the risks, thanks, but I don't need some dick sucker for Ruinous to try and justify camping the spawn point for all Horde into Isle of Thunder. The worst part of what they did was lag up the server and cause it to crash at least once, and it's because of that we couldn't resolve their camping with "a pvp solution."

Personal insults and attacks are not needed. Keep it civil. Anyways you could have made a raid group to take them out. Pvp should never equal a ban on a pvp server

Remember how quicky they removed Swifty's ban ?
    That's because of his never ending unlimited army of zombiefied flamboyant prepubescent fanboys who utterly ruined our server with spam for hours on end. I wish they kept him banned and/or he went to a different server bringing all his bottom feeders with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    u deserve what u got, people just out for blood and ruining people's gameplay is evil and deserve's a ban finally they are banning griefers and gankers

Personal insults and attacks are not needed. Keep it civil. Anyways you could have made a raid group to take them out. Pvp should never equal a ban on a pvp server
    A RAID WOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING because the lag made it unbearable to play on the Isle. You couldn't cast a spell without a ten fucking second delay.

You are completely ignorant if you think camping the boat all Horde players zone into when they come into Isle since servers went up, for hours on end, lagging the zone up in the process by intentionally spamming AoE spells in a small radius, and causing the server to crash at least once is simply "PvP." I'm completely for World PvP and don't mind ganking lowbies whatsoever but this is griefing, plain and simple, and Ruinous deserves any punishment they receive for the shit they pulled today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, it was zone disruption: your guild was preventing anyone from accessing the island. On the other hand, it was world PvP, and the complete spirit of it. The other faction should have banded together to fight back.
    Not in the complete spirit of it since people were not ablt to fight back before being killed.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are really going to twist what happened here in an effort to make blizzard look like the bad guy. Blizzard was not trying to put a stop to world PvP in this circumstance, the GM was trying to stop a number of people standing on a spawn point camping and ganking people for hours on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    A RAID WOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING because the lag made it unbearable to play on the Isle. You couldn't cast a spell without a ten fucking second delay.

You are completely ignorant if you think camping the boat all Horde players zone into when they come into Isle since servers went up, for hours on end, lagging the zone up in the process by intentionally spamming AoE spells in a small radius, and causing the server to crash at least once is simply "PvP." I'm completely for World PvP and don't mind ganking lowbies whatsoever but this is griefing, plain and simple, and Ruinous deserves any punishment they receive for the shit they pulled today.
    A small area with tons of players is always going to lag. If the lag was as bad as you say they have the same disadvantage as you

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't PvP.
    Players killing other players... it sure sounds like PvP, definitely not PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways you could have made a raid group to take them out. Pvp should never equal a ban on a pvp server
    I'm not sure what you don't understand about spamming aoe and server lag.

Sure, that AoE damage might not seem like a lot on a player in PvP... But have you ever seen what 40 Shamans casting Chain Lightning does to an opposing, unorganized raid group? I have. I tried to be angry about it, but I couldn't be.

--SNIP--
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-06 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no PvP solution short of leaving the island if you are dead as soon as you zone in, and leaving the island means you're being denied content by other players, which we've established is bannable.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Killing people while zoning in, completely unable to control their character in order to defend themselves, is not wPvP. It's ganking and it's sad.

Your attitude sucks. And is very juvenile.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a big difference between PvP and Camping quest givers. I see nothing wrong with what Blizzard did.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators