[HELP REQ.] Stormstout Brewery CM, 2nd wave 3rd boss

Hello everyone.
    As the title suggest, I am looking for all the possible help from players with experience in Stormstout Brewery Challenge Mode.

PREMISES:

Group Composition:

• Tank: WARRIOR
    • Healer: PRIEST
    • Dps: HUNTER, MAGE, DK

Timers:

• 1st Boss die with ~ 9:10 min left
    • 2nd Boss die with ~ 6:05 min left
    • Last event started at ~ 4:30 min left
    • Last Boss die after ~ 12:30 min after the start (so we have to cut like 40 secs to be ok)

Now the problem: even though timers seems good to achieve the gold medal when the last boss event start, we spend ~ 1:00 - 1:10 min killing the 2nd wave of adds (the large group of spirits that heal themselves like hell). At the moment we are grouping them by los'ing behind the column on the right side of the room (but we tried also covering just outside the room).

Any tip on how to burn that wave faster?

Thank you very much in advance for all the help you can provide.

Deleted
    The time between the second boss and the final event seems quite long. You only have to kill the big mob after the second boss, then skip the 4 little mobs by just running past then when they are in the back right part around the pillar. The event should then be started while you drag the two big mobs into the final room.

I admit I'm not 100% sure that timer is 5:00 or 4:30; we do what you suggest in every attempt (also, we are skipping the group of 4 spirits after the big mob just like many guides suggests to do). Watching at various videos on youtube, it seems that the time we spend to kill the particular wave i've mentioned, is what prevent us to earn that 30 secs necessary to achieve the gold. We dont reallly know if there is a trick out there to prevent the healing of these adds (watching at our group comp).
    I was also wandering if the fire trap glyphed would be nice or if is only a dps waiste..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urukk View Post
    Any tip on how to burn that wave faster?

Thank you very much in advance for all the help you can provide.
    Chainstuns and having your party intercepting the healing beams by standing on them. It's a bit tricky since they're so densely stacked together, but yeah, that's what we did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urukk View Post
    I admit I'm not 100% sure that timer is 5:00 or 4:30; we do what you suggest in every attempt (also, we are skipping the group of 4 spirits after the big mob just like many guides suggests to do). Watching at various videos on youtube, it seems that the time we spend to kill the particular wave i've mentioned, is what prevent us to earn that 30 secs necessary to achieve the gold. We dont reallly know if there is a trick out there to prevent the healing of these adds (watching at our group comp).
    I was also wandering if the fire trap glyphed would be nice or if is only a dps waiste..
    Since we had a boomkin and an ele shaman (me ^^) We used stuns and solar beams to silence the adds when we had them grouped up and AoE-pew-pewed them down. I also used Earthquake for the occasional tripping of an add, meanie that I am. But you don't have that stuff, but surely you have other abilities in your comp.

Shockwave and the likes maybe? Ring of Frost might be an idea too. Can dps-DKs do Hungering Cold? I really need to level my DK >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Since we had a boomkin and an ele shaman (me ^^) We used stuns and solar beams to silence the adds when we had them grouped up and AoE-pew-pewed them down. I also used Earthquake for the occasional tripping of an add, meanie that I am. But you don't have that stuff, but surely you have other abilities in your comp.

Shockwave and the likes maybe? Ring of Frost might be an idea too. Can dps-DKs do Hungering Cold? I really need to level my DK >_<
    Atm, we are using that stun cycle: shockwave - hungering - shockwave ... But we cant really beat theyr healing We are also trying to intercept healing beams, but it seems that we are not doing this the right way...

Deleted
    Make sure your priest is mind searing as well, if the adds are healing each other then there's no damage to heal. Might be an idea to start with remorseless winter instead of shockwave as well, it's a longer duration so you'll get more overall stun uptime once the DR is factored in.

I find killing them outside is better since if you LOS at the pillars they can come around both sides making AOE harder.

Once you've killed a few its not a bad idea to single target the low ones. It's useful to save CD's for this since burst REALLY matters. I'm not sure theres a trick to it, its just to use your biggest stuns and get big AoE dps numbers.

Deleted
    This is how we did the last boss

Drag 2 adds outside onto the first set of adds in that boss room and nuke / aoe down

Nuke down the next set (I think its a set of 4 if memory serves?)

Then we run outside and LOS them around the jutting out part of the entrance to get them nicely clumped.

Start with remorseless winter to stun them all, then wait until they are starting to cast again and shockwave stun them all. By this time they should be very low, cleave off the ones with high health if you are a cleave class.

When there are like 3 or 4 left start to single target, stand in between them to intercept beams.

Basically we found it best not to simply chain stun, but to stun when the heal occured, we can just heal through the attack they do

Sepha

G91 landshark x 5, stun the adds too

Above comments are all very helpful.

I'd like to add:
    The 2 alementals and the first wave of 2 alementals. Kill the two that just spawned first so the next wave can spawn while you clean up the 2 that you dragged in the room.

Also, how does your hit/exp cap look in CM dungeons?

When we went in last night to do daily challenge run our hits and expertise seemed to be lowered like it was any other stat.
    EDIT: This issue did not happen before 5.2
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-03-06 at 05:16 PM.

You should also make sure not to use your stuns or silences too early, as they don't start healing until 5-10 seconds into AOE (watch their HP and call for the stuns then). They should be about half dead when they start healing, THEN do the stuns and silences to finish them off. Do not be afraid to single target low health ones to make sure they die before heals bring them up again.

Also, make sure that you only have 1 person going out to aggro them, and that they do it very quickly. Just out, attack, and back in. You want them moving to you ASAP, and don't move until they are all there so you guarantee they are packed together.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingua View Post
    Also, make sure that you only have 1 person going out to aggro them, and that they do it very quickly. Just out, attack, and back in. You want them moving to you ASAP, and don't move until they are all there so you guarantee they are packed together.
    Mocking Banner should be excellent for this as you can place it down before they spawn and they will come to you after they pop up

The most important thing about the healing adds in the final room is that only ONE person aggro them and everyone else remain out of LOS behind the pillar so it makes it much much easier to pop CDs and burst them down quickly when they are all on top of each other.

We also saved heroism for the last boss, if that helps.

We bursted down the healing adds in the final room by having the healer (me) go DPS and aoe along with coordinated stuns. After those healing adds went down, i went back healing for the 4 bigger adds, then switched back to DPS for the final boss.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I would like to say a big THANK to you all guys for the tips.

I wish to achieve this gold metal soon

Thanks again

We finally achieved gold I think the buffs for DK's and Hunters did play a neat role in this, but...
    Thanks all for the help and support :-)