Deleted

Did my flight form recoil go away?

I do not quite know what to call it, but I am sure every druid knows what I am talking about. Flying --> cancelling flight form --> flying fast forward while falling

This seems to work "kinda" at the moment.
    If I fly straight it works. If I fly a bit downwards I my character just stops, and goes straight down.

Am I the only one who took notice of this?

Deleted
    I made a thread about this before, with videos.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cations-on-PTR

I thought it was just something PTR exclusive, nice to see it got added to live too.

i know there was a change to falling momentum after canceling flight form a ways back, (sometime during Catacylsm i believe) - where you no longer carried as much forward speed after canceling form and would drop down more vertically.

Dunno about any recent changes (didn't personally notice anything different last night, but wasn't looking for it.)

Deleted
    They've changed this for PTR/launch before then hotfixed it back. Could be the same deal?

This was happening in 5.1 too. Obviously if you fly straight forward then you cover more distance and faster than flying upwards or diagonally forward+up. If you would cancel form then the momentum would change according to how fast you were covering a distance.

What I find annoying in 5.2 is that Powershifting in flight form while flying in any direction, it doesn't reset to straight-forward anymore, so you can't be sure anymore if you are flying perfectly straight.

Deleted
    (sadface)
    I always used to cancel my flight form and fall to the summoning stone or whereever I wanted to go.

i know there was a change to falling momentum after canceling flight form a ways back, (sometime during Catacylsm i believe) - where you no longer carried as much forward speed after canceling form and would drop down more vertically.
    Yes I remember this as well... however I did not notice a lot of change when they annouced it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not this again....

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed if you fly straight up, Then cancel it by casting or whatever, your toon floats up a couple seconds, then slowly starts falling back again, i quite like it^_^