Thread: 6.2 Speculation

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Question 6.2 Speculation

We've all seen the "content" patch notes of 6.1 so far on the PTR. Putting that aside for the moment, what are your expectations and speculations for features/content in patch 6.2?

I haven't seen any content patch notes.

6.2 will hopefully just be Grom raid to end this abomination of an expansion.
    "But he would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes"

What I'm hoping to see:
    - Tanaan Jungle with a massive, lengthy quest hub/ garrison outpost. The hub offers dailies, certain grinding spots where mobs give rep and the continuation of the campaign, i.e. VARIATION.
    - Iron Citadel raid instance. 12 Bosses, most of whom will be developed in outdoor questing. More demons than orcs.
    - 2-3 new dungeons, preferably linked and unlocked by the legendary questline.

What we'll probably get:
    - More "fixing" new char models.
    - More pointless apexis grind hubs.
    - Iron Citadel with cliche, undeveloped bosses like beast boss, giant boss and machine boss.
    - Integrated Facebook, with character profiles linked to your own.
    - More garrison missions that will award one-time rewards instead of interesting stuff.
    - More overdoing of one form of content instead of balancing it out with others.
    Last edited by Beste Kerel; 2015-02-08 at 10:48 PM.

I think hoping for Farahlon is a lost cause now.

I'd like to see the return of the Shado-pan.

Garrosh broke out of their prison, evading the law and causing the Iron Horde madness.

And they do what? Almost nothing.

Signature by Visenna

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post

Garrosh broke out of their prison, evading the law and causing the Iron Horde madness.

They probably got drunk. And lets be honest, whatever they would try to do, they would fail anyway. So nothing lost here.

I will not speak for everyone... only myself. I am glad to be out of Pandaria. If I never get another panda expansion, it will be too soon.

Less lag spikes.
    Top 10 greatest advice ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah, she lured me with a booty call and slowly we ended up back together. Now I know better, if your ex ever calls you up to hang out, jerk off then see if you still feel like "coming" over

We'll get Iron Citadel. Maaaybe we get a 5-man dungeon to go with it. Probably not. There'll be some quests and scenarios in Tanaan, hopefully Kilrogg actually gets some screen time. And Forahlon will never be.
    "I wouldn't anticipate seeing much of doctor boom" - Trump 2014
    "I myself am not too hopeful about the Grim Patron deck" - Trump 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    What I'm hoping to see:
    - Tanaan Jungle with a massive, lengthy quest hub/ garrison outpost. The hub offers dailies, certain grinding spots where mobs give rep and the continuation of the campaign, i.e. VARIATION.
    - Iron Citadel raid instance. 12 Bosses, most of whom will be developed in outdoor questing. More demons than orcs.

What we'll probably get:
    - Iron Citadel with cliche, undeveloped bosses like beast boss, giant boss and machine boss.
    - More garrison missions that will award one-time rewards instead of interesting stuff.
    - More overdoing of one form of content instead of balancing it out with others.
    I have no problem with the legendary quest line hooking into new 5mans optionally I don't want to see that gated behind the legendary quest. As of right now our one main quest line in 6.1 is shapping up to be only if you complete the BRF quests and if not your SOL. Also I severely hope that we get a good length quest line if not a full 4-6 chapter story thing for the zone to give some good content outside of raiding during this expac at max level.

I hope we are getting Tanaan with a long questline about the burning legion and hopefully a daily hub like Isle of Thunder.
    But I think we are getting just something like Twitch integration or some new Garrison stuff like skins for the buildings, more followers and a new set of follower missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahsi View Post
    I hope we are getting Tanaan with a long questline about the burning legion and hopefully a daily hub like Isle of Thunder.
    But I think we are getting just something like Twitch integration or some new Garrison stuff like skins for the buildings, more followers and a new set of follower missions.
    Would be nice. Should have been 6.1, but it appears they are still running behind after launching almost 6 months after their initial projected release date. Wonder how many patches it will take them to get caught up.

Tinder integration and a belfie stick.

http://belfiestick.com

Hoping for fourthings:

#1 more Freedom of Talent choices

One example are "movement" Tiers of some Classes such as DK where only Death's Advance provides movement in PvE, and hte other being Prist "Phantasm" Talent which is useless in PvE as well.

The Storm Bolt Talent from Warrior is great, doing CC against players and increased damage on Bosses instead. Also the Movement Talents from DK and Priest could behave differently PvE and PvP.

The other being Set bonuses: If we take Tier16 Hunter as an example, both Set bonuses improved Arcane Shot, and so the otherwise balanced Talent which reduces Arcane Shot cost became mandatory for all Raiders. Blizzard should make the Set Bonuses more Talent-independent by either not affecting Talents or reducing the power of affected Talents appropriately while the Set is worn.

Last nitpick about Talents is that some of them rely on another, such as chosing Chi Torpedo also makes Celerity mandatory. This should not be a thing.

#2 Less or at least more alternating Trash.

I get that Developers have to drag the game out because they can not develop as fast as people play but stuff like Horridon Trash with the philosophy "If they can do it once, they can do it eight times" was horrible.

Also the Dark Shamans trash just waves after waves of Orcs, and they did those exponentially stacking debuffs on Tanks so even when overgearing the Raid only a few could be pulled at once and required a break between each pack.

#3 High ilvl in Dungeons.

Blizzard promised Dungeons in Content Patch so hopefully they will be a nice cath-up for Alts or casuals. Mists was terrible in terms of PvE gear sources for them with Timeless Isle offering chance on random 496 ivl items or extremely rare chance for 535 items vs. Conquest points Gear awarding 550 ilvl so PvP was the best starting point of acquiring PvE Gear.

#4 A good story conclusion.

WoW is a continuous game with "ten years worth of content ahead" but it should still be possivle to create fitting endings for this Expansion's story Arc. Hopefully the Boss Fights of 5.2, the final WoD Raid, the Roleplay and the ending Cinematic will solve that.
    Last edited by Speshil; 2015-02-08 at 11:45 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    What I'm hoping to see:

What we'll probably get:
    Quoting as this pretty much describes what I'd like to see, and what I'm afraid we'll see.

Oh, and though I doubt it will happen if 6.2 could bring flying back that'd be great.

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.

Shado-Pan has representation in Nagrand. A questgiver is there at Yrel's camp. Not really sure what all they can add beyond token support.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Liberation Front N.E.L.F.

Something mean about trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Haha I see what you did there

This isn't Cataclysm, this is the overhyped expansion that supposedly went back to the roots of the game.

ill second that

this xpac is worse than cata. hell, catas first raid tier puts this one to shame. it only went off the rails when DS was launched.

If I compared the different expansions at three months in, WoD would be my least enjoyed. I don't think it's totally without merit, but the overall package is lacking something.