Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And I have to mention, that every boss kill is: 1) 15% chance to get loot 2) Some amount of rep with new faction. Gating LFR is not only "you won't see content too fast" - it's unreasonable slowing of your progression. Assuming tier leasts not for so long - only for about 20 weeks, 6 weeks - are imortant part of progression. And as Blizzard are taking this part of progression from me, decreasing my gaming experience, then I'll do the same thing - I won't pay for partial gaming experience, only for full.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Look at all the content there is for people who play this game 1 hour a day or maybe less. Dailies, achievements, random battlegrounds, dungeons and scenarios. Lack of content? You're looking in the wrong places.
    Content is an entirely subjective concept here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    LFR gating is necessary. If it's not used, people run LFR to gear up for regular mode. They grab items that give them a big advantage in the normal mode and ROFLSTOMP it. Then they all cry that LFR is necessary in order to raid.
    Inb4 all of the SUPER-MEGA casuals come into this thread and disagree with you about how they want to see content and content = gear and why shouldn't they see content when they pay $15 per month? No, but really... I agree w/ gating.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    LFR gating is necessary. If it's not used, people run LFR to gear up for regular mode. They grab items that give them a big advantage in the normal mode and ROFLSTOMP it. Then they all cry that LFR is necessary in order to raid.
    No it is not necessary to gate LFR and the fact that Firelands/Dragon Soul had dungeons before them doing the samething prove's it.

Blizzard has gated ToT-LFR so it will slow down the burn out from it and they can make more cash.

Sorry but this is a fact. gating LFR dose nothing but piss off those who only do LFR because on day one of a patch update we got no content to play that we want to play.

They could have released 2 dungeons to setup the new area and make them lead into ToT but they didn't even do that. its pure lazy from blizzard and I have spoken with my wallet had them save the rest of my wow time until I can finally play ToT if I even decided to come back then mite just wait until after they gate LFR of the final raid of MOP.

I could get gating it 4 wings one opening each week starting on the day of the patch but no LFR wing on patch day and 6 weeks total until the full raid is open is total bs.

They used LFR to keep from making new dungeons then gated it ya fuck this. but hey they did make a good looking daily quest hub "Again"
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-07 at 03:21 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Look at all the content there is for people who play this game 1 hour a day or maybe less. Dailies, achievements, random battlegrounds, dungeons and scenarios. Lack of content? You're looking in the wrong places.
    Well if that's true then their really should be no need to gate lfr out of fear that people will be bored and unsub. So much to do right?

In the future, I expect heroic version to die off and we'll be left with what is considered the normal version (LFR) and the heroic version with which you need a group of organised friends, having a difficulty somewhere between current normal and current heroic.

Basically the game will be catered around the LFR version with a harder mode that you group with known people for.

I personally welcome this and I think the game will be better for it. 3 separate modes inflates gear too much during the course of an expansion, causing problems like approaching crit and haste caps.

Not to mention that less than 1% of the player base engage in.

And this is coming from a former hardcore raider, when it actually mattered (vanilla & tbc).

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    The people who don't say that there's absolutely nothing to do because a five-minute end-boss fight isn't available yet?
    Yeah thats my thing too. Even if you had all the 'content' right now, it would be consumed in about a half hour and there would be nothing new to do until early June when the next patch hits.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Yeah thats my thing too. Even if you had all the 'content' right now, it would be consumed in about a half hour and there would be nothing new to do until early June when the next patch hits.
    Out of curiosity let's say you and your guild cleared a normal version of the raid in a week or two or 3. What would you do until june at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Out of curiosity let's say you and your guild cleared a normal version of the raid in a week or two or 3. What would you do until june at that point?
    I know that question was not at me but I must answer it.

A guild who finished normal mode in a week or 2/3 would be doing the same thing that those who finished LFR are doing but just 1-3weeks later.

so it is a good chance what they would be doing is farming the raid mode they have locked down and maybe progressing on to a harder setting aka LFR to Normal/Normal to Heroic while doing daily's and whatever else they wanted to do.

Wow gating LFR made such a change didn't it.

Once I again I know that your question was not at me but that is the answer for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Sit afk in SW for a week and then realize its time to unsub again.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Sit afk in SW for a week and then realize its time to unsub again.

Ironically I sat in Two Moons today and realized the same thing.

Having said that I somehow doubt that you merely just unsubbed like that. Even in the "good old days" you wouldn't be sitting afk. You'd be in the instance farming gear for your main because with the way the game is designed your not likely to get everything you need or even close to that within a month. Especially in mists when everything is so god damned slow. Hell I didn't even do that in cataclysm and that was apparently a free loot parade. Even if you got SUPER SUPER lucky and finished everything in a month and had every piece you needed well most of you ended up making alts and doing the same thing anyway.

Like wise with lfr I could complete the entire thing on Day 1 and not get apiece of loot anyway and still have to run it next week. What people need to realize is that merely completing the instance doesn't actually end you running the instance in fact it's almost NEVER been that way even before LFR.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I know that question was not at me but I must answer it.

A guild who finished normal mode in a week or 2/3 would be doing the same thing that those who finished LFR are doing but just 1-3weeks later.

so it is a good chance what they would be doing is farming the raid mode they have locked down and maybe progressing on to a harder setting aka LFR to Normal/Normal to Heroic while doing daily's and whatever else they wanted to do.

Wow gating LFR made such a change didn't it.

Once I again I know that your question was not at me but that is the answer for it.
    Thank you. They'd be farming it for gear. Or running it on alts to farm them for gear. Yet apparently I am lead to believe if you complete these raids just once your done with them forever and have no need to return and their usefulness is all but done to you.

Having said all of the above I'm not asking for everything to be available on day one. I'm asking to have SOME OF IT available on day one and for the entire thing in total NOT TO TAKE 6 WEEKS. I think their gates on this are totally unreasonable. I think their is potentially a call for SOME gating but not like this.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-07 at 03:47 AM.

Thank you. They'd be farming it for gear. Or running it on alts to farm them for gear. Yet apparently I am lead to believe if you complete these raids just once your done with them forever and have no need to return and their usefulness is all but done to you.
    Yep with this choice it officially made me decide I'm done with wow all of MOP so far has been nothing but gating.

With 2 MMO"s coming up I can't wait to play blizzard helped me decide my time in wow is done. I got better things to do then wait for blizzard to tell me its ok to play the content that I wanted to play.

"Not going to say the names of those mmo's cause I don't want to start a game vs game argument"

Yep with this choice it officially made me decide I'm done with wow all of MOP so far has been nothing but gating.

With 2 MMO"s coming up I can't wait to play blizzard helped me decide my time in wow is done. I got better things to do then wait for blizzard to tell me its ok to play the content that I wanted to play.

"Not going to say the names of those mmo's cause I don't want to start a game vs game argument"
    I would be more likely to sub if I got a raid this week, even only part of a raid and I was getting some reward out of it. Even if in the totally super lucky scenario that I had got 90% of what I wanted gear wise out of the raid I would pay for another month to get that last 10%, to finish the raid reps, and to do some of it on my alts. This naked attempt to starve me out for another month had the exact opposite affect. You get more flies with honey than vinegar. I'm tired of getting the stick and only being teased with the carrot.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-07 at 03:57 AM.

I would be more likely to sub if I got a raid this week, even only part of a raid and I was getting some reward out of it. Even if in the totally super lucky scenario that I had got 90% of what I wanted I would pay for another month to get that last 10%, to finish the raid reps, and to do some of it on my alts. This naked attempt to starve me out for another month had the exact opposite affect. You get more flies with honey than vinegar. I'm tired of getting the stick and only being teased with the carrot.
    Couldn't agree more my sub lasts until April 6th and the final wing of TOT comes out April 9th. Like you said you get more flies with honey then vinegar and I have grown tired of blizzards bs been dealing with it since the start of cata unsubbed many times and came back many times.

Asked blizzard to hold what time I have left and if I decide to ill just come back after the final MOP raid LFR release's and do it and TOT within that month if I even do that.

Guys, stop complaining about the LFR gating. If you really wanted to see the raid you would do it on normal. It's there for a reason.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Guys, stop complaining about the LFR gating. If you really wanted to see the raid you would do it on normal. It's there for a reason.
    Shouldn't be forced to do it in normal LFR is there for a reason.

There is no good reason for it to be gated this way each and every single reason someone gives has been proved wrong.

As I said I am one of the rare few who will gem/enchant and do my best in LFR because I find it fun. I delt with the guild BS for years and got tired of it so when LFR came out it was a godsent but now blizzard has even ruined that for me so me personally I'm done.

Shouldn't be forced to do it in normal LFR is there for a reason.
    You're not forced to do it at all, it's there for you if you wanted to actually progress. What could you do before if you wanted to raid? Be glad you have LFR at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Who is that rest? Only about 10% of player are raiding(only 1% are hardcores) and other 90% are doing LFR.
    Not everyone cares to see raid content regardless of how accessible it is. I haven't seen the numbers for MoP, for Cata and LFR DS there was an estimated half of the active max level characters that experienced LFR with active raid population before that around 20%.

LFR unlock rate is going to match the normal mode progression guilds and will likely outpace many of the ones who could not even clear t14. I do not see what the rush is to see all the content the moment a patch hits if you are a casual. Sounds more like a hardcore mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're not forced to do it at all, it's there for you if you wanted to actually progress. What could you do before if you wanted to raid? Be glad you have LFR at all.
    This mentality is the worst thing about the games community at the moment. It's patronizing in the extreme. Next youll tell me about the time in vanilla when you walked 50 km in the snow to get the orgrimmar before their was flying mounts.

My time is limited and what's more even if I had all the time I probably would no longer be able to commit to a raid schedule anyway. I see ZERO reason (other than a shabby attempt to get me to sub for another month which failed) to have such a severe gate on lfr. They could give us ONE boss this week. ONE FUCKING BOSS and it wouldn't matter to you people and I'd still have something to get excited about on patch day.

This mentality is the worst thing about the games community at the moment. It's patronizing in the extreme. Next youll tell me about the time in vanilla when you walked 50 km in the snow to get the orgrimmar before their was flying mounts.
    Really? This mentality is the worst? Not the ones that complain about a game on the fansite they no longer play?
    Also, back in TBC (where I started) I did have to walk a long way to get to other places. But that's besides the point.

My time is limited and what's more even if I had all the time I probably would no longer be able to commit to a raid schedule anyway. I see ZERO reason (other than a shabby attempt to get me to sub for another month which failed) to have such a severe gate on lfr. They could give us ONE boss this week. ONE FUCKING BOSS and it wouldn't matter to you people and I'd still have something to get excited about on patch day.
    So because YOUR time is limited they must have the LFR revolve around YOUR time? Next thing you'll want is to have all bosses' health cut in half because it takes too long for YOUR time.