Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    One difference is that you pretty much need to run the current LFR continually in order to get to the 480 ilevel needed for ToT. For months, potentially, if you don't do a lot of dailies for valor or reputation pieces.

You would have to be spending a lot of time on the game to get more than let's say 2 characters into ToT LFR, whereas back in Dragon Soul you could get into LFR a few hours after you dinged 85. Arguably it's a slower grind than for normal mode raiding.
    This is downright wrong. 5.0 LFRs drops have been increased substantially (more than double I in some cases from a blue post I saw) so it's not that hard anymore to get enough for ToT LFR. Gating though gives time for newly levelled characters and alts to get that gear so they won't miss out on ToT LFR kills in the first week of the patch had it not been gated.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Actually gearing up is pretty quick now (quick in comparison to the start of MOP, DS was just a strange beast but it was also the end of an expansion and easy to get gear, I guarantee that it'll be easy to gear at the end of this expansion too). LFR gives slightly higher Valor Points, old VP gear is cheaper and honor gear is 476. I raised my druid from 465-480 in about a day.

The only issues I see happening in MOP is that if they expect people to run the old LFR in order to get into the newer version then queue times might get a little long but Blizzard will change something if that becomes the case. Trust in the fact that the game will change, it always does.

The argument is also for a toon that can run LFR out of the gate because they wanted LFR now instead of waiting a week.
    Quick and gear up are funny terms. The valor gear is still gated behind a rep and it's now a raid rep so it's still gonna take some time. The old valor gear being cheap is an improvement but it still presumes I did the dailies and have the rep. 480 is hardly geared man. You can just get into lfr at that point. Basically gear is still slow you've just now got a lower standard of what geared means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Quick and gear up are funny terms. The valor gear is still gated behind a rep and it's now a raid rep so it's still gonna take some time. The old valor gear being cheap is an improvement but it still presumes I did the dailies and have the rep. 480 is hardly geared man. You can just get into lfr at that point. Basically gear is still slow you've just now got a lower standard of what geared means.
    480 is low but it's also all you need if you are an LFR only raider and with this patch you only need enough gear out of there to get to the next LFR level (whatever that is going to be 500 is my guess). If you want the gear then you have to do the slow painful grind, if you just want to do LFR/normal, it's quite easy. Heck getting your reps to honoured is a walk in the park and that should be enough open gear to get you to 480.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-03-08 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    480 is low but it's also all you need if you are an LFR only raider and with this patch you only need enough gear out of there to get to to then next LFR level (whatever that is going to be 500 is my guess). If you want the gear then you have to do the slow painful grind, if you just want to do LFR/normal, it's quite easy. Heck getting your reps to honoured is a walk in the park and that should be enough open gear to get you to 480.
    Right but that's the point. Let's say I'm LFR ready and I want to start getting some reward out of the game. How many drops do you think I could average in the next 6 weeks? In 5.0 I got squat. Maybe 2 pieces in a 6 week period? And this is only in ONE raid instance. Considering that said raid instance is also gated for the next 6 weeks, I'm not making much of this new raid rep in the near future.

Are you honestly telling me the most I should expect is to just be able to jump from minimum lfr ilvl to minimum lfr ilvl and not got anything higher than that? Like I get what your trying to say but really what's happened is your standard of reward has just declined. It's faster but let's not get worked up here. Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn't expect to be even half way done getting my fill of gear from LFR in 6 weeks. When you add the gate to this it juts slows it even more over NOTHING.

Deleted
    When you add the gate to this it juts slows it even more over NOTHING.
    In YOUR opinion NOTHING.

In MY opinion the gating is the best thing to happen.

I am in a casual normal raiding guild I really was not looking forward to "felling obliged" to faceroll LFR to help my guild progress, yes I am one of those anally retentive people who try and do as much as I can to improve my character to "help" normal progression.

Is it my problem sure, but your problem is also your problem, every single post you EVER make is full of seething hatred.

They could send you full set of epics on the day you login and you would still complain moan and bitch about having to go to the mailbox to get it.

PLEASE remember there are many many opinions, yours are not FACT by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    In YOUR opinion NOTHING.

In MY opinion the gating is the best thing to happen.

I am in a casual normal raiding guild I really was not looking forward to "felling obliged" to faceroll LFR to help my guild progress, yes I am one of those anally retentive people who try and do as much as I can to improve my character to "help" normal progression.

Is it my problem sure, but your problem is also your problem, every single post you EVER make is full of seething hatred.

They could send you full set of epics on the day you login and you would still complain moan and bitch about having to go to the mailbox to get it.

PLEASE remember there are many many opinions, yours are not FACT by any stretch of the imagination.

Man I should start a cult or something. People are constantly taking my opinion as fact, and thinking I'm stating as fact and going insane over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    The people who need LFR gear to beat Normals won't ROFLSTOMP the entire raid. The people who will ROFLSTOMP the raid will not need LFR gear.

Do you really think that there are people out there who are raiding Normals to see the end boss before LFR and once LFR is open they will completely stop raiding Normal? I would love to meet someone like this and the guild that would accept that play-style and succeed.
    Umm you must be new.

Do you not remember Paragon's items getting rest / them getting banned in DS by running DS LFR over and over (when you were able to) in order to gear for Normal DS.

Hmm, yeah they must be pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    The same thing that hardcore players do maybe? Beat the entire thing in 1-2 nights and then prepare for next week is an idea.
    Hardcore players (the best guilds in the world that raid nonstop for a week) usually barely get the last boss by the end of the raiding week.

The rest of the hardcore players still take weeks to kill content.
    Last edited by Banawani; 2013-03-08 at 08:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right but that's the point. Let's say I'm LFR ready and I want to start getting some reward out of the game. How many drops do you think I could average in the next 6 weeks? In 5.0 I got squat. Maybe 2 pieces in a 6 week period? And this is only in ONE raid instance. Considering that said raid instance is also gated for the next 6 weeks, I'm not making much of this new raid rep in the near future.

Are you honestly telling me the most I should expect is to just be able to jump from minimum lfr ilvl to minimum lfr ilvl and not got anything higher than that? Like I get what your trying to say but really what's happened is your standard of reward has just declined. It's faster but let's not get worked up here. Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn't expect to be even half way done getting my fill of gear from LFR in 6 weeks. When you add the gate to this it juts slows it even more over NOTHING.
    That sucks. I've been running LFR for 4 weeks now and I got my 4 piece on Wednesday and filled out my purples last night. I carefully researched which bosses had the gear I wanted and used the tokens accordingly. For the slots I didn't win I purchased with valor. A month was more than enough time to slowly reach revered at my own pace.

You have 4 days to reach the 480 iLevel when the first wing opens. The following week the second one opens and you should also have enough rep and hopefully valor to start purchasing the friendly items.

If you don't have any Elder charms then go do the solo instance. My wife received 15 tokens which allows you to roll on extra loot in every Tier 14 LFR instance.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    Umm you must be new.

Do you not remember Paragon's items getting rest / them getting banned in DS by running DS LFR over and over (when you were able to) in order to gear for Normal DS.

Hmm, yeah they must be pretty bad.

Hardcore players (the best guilds in the world that raid nonstop for a week) usually barely get the last boss by the end of the raiding week.

The rest of the hardcore players still take weeks to kill content.
    Paragon ran LFR strictly because the set bonuses were way overpowered compared to the previous tier. They took downgrades in gear iLevel. The best guilds in the world also practice on bosses in normal mode to prepare for heroic. They don't rush through the content trying for normal mode world 1sts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You were gated 6 weeks from when MOP was released. 5 weeks from when the first raid instance was available. All the dungeons were complete but is it really that different than releasing 6 bosses, 6 bosses and 4 bosses over time versus releasing wing 1, wing 2, wing 3 and wing 4? There difference is one week.

September 25: MoP Released.
    October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
    October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) and Heroic (6 Bosses)
    October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open. Terrace gated to those who cleared Heart.
    November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open. (6 Bosses for HOF) (4 Bosses for TOES)

March 5 – Normal Throne of Thunder
    March 12 – Heroic Throne of Thunder and LFR Wing 1 "Last Stand of the Zandalari"
    March 19 – LFR Wing 2 "Forgotten Depths"
    April 2 – LFR Wing 3 "Halls of Flesh-Shaping"
    April 16 – LFR Wing 4 "Pinnacle of Storms"
    As I already said, there is a big diffirence between 5.0 and 5.2. Yeah, I was mad, when dicision to gate LFR was made first time, just because it has taken only 10 pages of weak arguments to approve this change, which meaned that hardcores are priveleged customers and their voice is more meanfull, then ours. But then I agreed with arguments, that I have a planty of other things to do - lvl up my monk 1-90 for example and that in blues vs LFR gear situation LFR gear may be some kind of mandatory. But this arguments don't work anymore. Gear is fixed now and I have nothing to do, except LFR. So now LFR gating is pure blessing of hardcores from devs. You know. I unsubbed just because I really tired while fighting with devs. Remember Cata? The year of asking for changes and stupid "working as intended" as an answer. And how it ended? They were creeping on a laps begging us "Please, please, please! Don't leave! We'll give you everything you want, just keep playing!". Those time they relyed on new players and guilds, who should have steammachined this newbies through hard PVE content. It failed. And what happened then? 4.3 stabialized the situation and 5.0 should have made futher steps in the same direction. But... Have they learned this lesson? No. They've made even worse changes. Now, as I see, they are relying on vanilla/BC oldfags. Don't you think, that result is very predictable? So may be they should stop trying to bring some mythic old/new players and actually start relying on players who actually playing this game at this moment? M? In Cata I endured it, but...you know...projectile never hits the same funnel twice. Now I'll just watch and enjoy this fail, without participating in it.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-03-09 at 07:23 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

last i ckecked hardcored do not need to do 5.2 lfr since they alrdy have better gear.

last i checked new lvl 90's didn't need to do dailys

last i checked gearing up in this game took a few hours

last i checked was wednsday

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    So now LFR gating is pure blessing of hardcores from devs.
    I don't think there was any reason to delay LFR opening by a week. None. That said, I wouldn't want the whole thing open in one week.

Open 3-4 bosses a week, that would be fine with me.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    last i checked new lvl 90's didn't need to do dailys

last i checked gearing up in this game took a few hours
    If you don't do dailies and don't do any normal mode raiding then getting a new level 90 to 480 will take, I dunno, a month? Or more? Unless you spend 50-100k on AH gear and/or spend 20+ hours farming honor gear.

Blah Blah Blah.....

All these words....

This is what is happening folks.

requirement: keep them subbing.
    solution: gate LFR, communicate dates no earlier than one sub-cycle previous.

That's it.

There's nothing else to say.

15+ Year Old Account
    They gate it so casuals can't kill the last boss of an expansion before world first on Mythic. Simple as that. They want the world first achievement to come before the teeming masses, because that race drives a ton of spending and advertising, which is free promo for Blizzard, and it makes the casuals want to see what all the fuss is about.

These threads always make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    That's the point!
    It's been shown time and time again that people will choose the easiest path to achieve their goals. For many, that goal is "see the end boss". If Blizzard makes it so trivially quick and easy to see the end boss, many people won't even bother with other modes. This is not a single player game...when masses of people use the cheat code version of the raid and then quit, the rest of the population suffers.

Gating is part of this game, from day one, at every level. Blizzard had to put in LFR to appease the people who couldn't raid normals or heroics, but if they make LFR so trivially accessible it damages the game. It's a delicate balance.

Normals and heroics are gated by difficulty. Most players attempting those levels will not clear the raids for weeks or months.
    LFR does not have difficulty, so it is gated by time.

Did we need another thread on this?
    There are also plenty of people who would like to raid but have trouble with regular schedules and failed PuGs, who were trying to raid before LFR, who moved to LFR becasue that was their only viable option to see the raids. With flex tech in normals and heroics, we may see some things change as the future progresses. But I highly doubt that people interested in actually raiding, who can raid above LFR levels, choose to do LFR only because its easier.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how it's an issue. People who want to just do LFR will just do LFR when it comes out and they probably don't care. There's no good trinkets or tier sets in LFR and the ilvl is shitty compared to even Normal Highmaul gear. There is absolutely no reason to run it unless that's all you do run or you need some gear on a fresh 100, in which case there's heaps of LFRs to do for a chance at that.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did the first wing of BRF on my DK last week, I am probably not going to bother to go into it again until I can simply run it all in one day, so I will wait until BRF is fully open to run all my characters through. I have done this in the past because I dislike run disjointed content in staggered segments and always have. This is staggering is more to prevent the people that use the LFR to gear for other difficulties, even many of these people whine about it being in the game at all, but they themselves use it as a gear cow for progression and then bitch some more about others getting gear they don't need.

It is an endless cycle, that now only runs the LFR has to deal with, so I deal with it and just wait for the whole thing to open run the content and largely selectively only go back in if I need a piece of gear. This gear in the LFR looks like crap, so there is not much of and incentive to even bother. I have little issue killing anything that I need to kill in the world, so I am happy in the gear I largely have on my characters. I don't need some 655 level gear on characters that just does dailies and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I don't see how it's an issue. People who want to just do LFR will just do LFR when it comes out and they probably don't care. There's no good trinkets or tier sets in LFR and the ilvl is shitty compared to even Normal Highmaul gear. There is absolutely no reason to run it unless that's all you do run or you need some gear on a fresh 100, in which case there's heaps of LFRs to do for a chance at that.
    The only reason I usually bother to even comment in these types of thread is because most of the numb nuts that constantly bitch about the LFR and then go into it until they fill all their empty slots. Seem to enjoy continuing to bitch, which makes no sense because they benefit more than the person that actually does the LFR to just do the LFR. It gives these people and endless amount of double and sometimes triple dipping, yet they keep complaining and the get through the content they are progressing through much fast now than any point in the past. This is better than having to do endless dailies for gap gear or grinding endless amounts of dungeons for badge or point gear or just having to wait forever like it used to be for that one piece of gear to actually drop.

I laugh endlessly at the numb nuts that always bitch the loudest on the forums (especially on the official ones) an you take a look at their gear or the content they been running recently and the content they are bitching about they just either got done running on that character or one of their alts and received gear from said content, this is why I comment on threads like this.

As for how Blizzard chose to stagger its content, to keep the whiners to minimum, I am all for it. It funny to read some say I feel forced to run 3 different difficulty levels of the same content every week, because I feel like I am burning out. These are simply the priceless idiots I always enjoy read about.

They don't want people running LFR as a way to complete their ring quests too soon. LFR gives many players that wouldn't complete it on their own a chance to do so, they just have to wait a little longer.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    The only reason, I can see for LFR gating - is to let hardcores "see content" first.
    Or maybe because casuals will cancel sub once they kill last boss.
    It is all business..

10+ Year Old Account
    OK. It's a necro of a thread that's two years old. Got it.

It's still a relevant topic since LFR is more gated than ever for this tier and if people want to talk about it that's OK. Just keep it elevated. If it degenerates into garbage it will be closed soon enough.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."