Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    you can also Purge the spirit dino in horridon hc encounter to keep it away

Glyph of flame shock is quite nice for Heroic Tortos, as the heals are constantly adding to the crystal shell absorb. Guidancing 10 seconds before a quake stomp is also good to max out everyones shields.

Deleted
    For Ji-Kun as elemental on egg-duty, conductivity is really nice. No need for a healer to follow you down there, as the healing produced by conductivity on the CL-cleaves are out of this world really. Not to mention the satisfaction of filling the whole nest with your lovely rain!
    Works decent on Tortos also, when bats are up and you with conductivity keep the tank (and everyone else inside your HR topped. The value of AG might be higher tho, but if your healers "struggle" with healing the bat-tank, it's nice.

For Ji-Kun, is there any damage from the upper platforms at all? I haven't done the fight yet but it seems like you only go up there to kill the eggs and that's it. Once the juvenile hatches, it flies away. So is there a need to bring up a healer for the upper nests? Does Quills hit people in the upper nests? I guess that'd be the only reason to bring a healer?

Also out of curiosity when did you decide to stop going to platforms and just zero the boss? At 50%?

Thanks everyone

Deleted
    Just killed horridon HC, make a last target macro and use unleash elements on the fixated rhino. u'll barely lose any dps this way.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaky View Post
    For Ji-Kun, is there any damage from the upper platforms at all? I haven't done the fight yet but it seems like you only go up there to kill the eggs and that's it. Once the juvenile hatches, it flies away. So is there a need to bring up a healer for the upper nests? Does Quills hit people in the upper nests? I guess that'd be the only reason to bring a healer?

Also out of curiosity when did you decide to stop going to platforms and just zero the boss? At 50%?

Thanks everyone
    I duo it as Elemental with a Shadow Priest on 10 man normal, no healer. There is very little damage on even the lower nests, so really you just need to worry about Quills hitting when you are there or flying around. In my experience that is the end of the second lower nest, then the first and third upper nests. I just pop Stone Bulwark Totem/Shamanistic Rage each time and throw a few self heals. The priest will usually Dispersion or self-heal.

When we finish 3 lower and 3 upper, the boss is about 30% so we stop nests then, hit Bloodlust and burn her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post

Horridon

Heroic

+Ok, I did figure out a slightly more reliable way of getting the Direhorn off of you. Drop searing totem and use Totemic Projection to place it as far behind the spirit as possible. Then flame shock it and LvB it. This should get the totem targeting it for a bit, and it should knock the spirit significantly back on it its own while you go back to CLing and freaking the fuck out over the damage and people getting one-shot.
    +Another way to keep the Direhorn off of you is to create an unleash weapon focus macro. Basically focus the direhorn, and then have a cast @focus macro that you can hit real fast and go back to what you were doing.
    I used the macro below to deal with the direhorn add as I like to set the boss as my focus to keep a flame shock up on him

/stopcasting
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Unleash Elements
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I used the macro below to deal with the direhorn add as I like to set the boss as my focus to keep a flame shock up on him

/stopcasting
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Unleash Elements
    /targetlasttarget
    +1
    If you don't have to interrupt anything for awhile the best option would be to use wind shear in the macro instead. I have seperates ones on my keybindings, minor thing, but an increase non the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    +1
    If you don't have to interrupt anything for awhile the best option would be to use wind shear in the macro instead. I have seperates ones on my keybindings, minor thing, but an increase non the less.
    I'd even say use purge also as it has 5 more yards on it's range. Last thing you want to do during ascendance is have to knock back an add.

thx for the tips really helpful =)

What 90 talent is best for Tortos? I will be on turtles and bats for most of the fight, but EB is good for turtles while PE is good for bats. Also, i tried glyph of earthquake for the initial spawn of turtles because Earthbind was a little glitchy and it worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    What 90 talent is best for Tortos? I will be on turtles and bats for most of the fight, but EB is good for turtles while PE is good for bats. Also, i tried glyph of earthquake for the initial spawn of turtles because Earthbind was a little glitchy and it worked well.
    I assume your talking about Heroic Tortos ? We were just shy of a kill last night 6% >< and I was running EB/EotE. I'm on bats and turtles while getting as much damage into the boss as I can when bats are down. At the end of that attempt I was at 200K dps. I would stick with EotE for bats at least because of the procs from CL. Have a warlock put CoEx on the primary kill turtle to slow it way down. DKs Howling Blast with Chillblains or warriors Piercing Howl can take care of the rest for slows. My experience is 25 man only though so if your ten man strategy may differ some.

Normal Tortos 25. I'm not sure what our Warlock was using on the turtles so I'll check on CoEx. We had him down to 20% with only an hour spent on him but some of the breaths were really tight on having a kickable turtle and slows were part of it.

Deleted
    Did you stop updating this thread?

On Ji-kun HC 10-man, i can solo the 5th platform(i think it´s the first one up, with only 2 eggs and no add). Running with EM/PE, and saving all my cooldowns for that one. They are up again for the next time i need to get up.

I didn't read all comments, but Windwalker Totem does remove the frost debuff you get from the Frost Spear lines on Iron Qon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sowbear View Post
    For Ji-Kun as elemental on egg-duty, conductivity is really nice. No need for a healer to follow you down there, as the healing produced by conductivity on the CL-cleaves are out of this world really. Not to mention the satisfaction of filling the whole nest with your lovely rain!
    Works decent on Tortos also, when bats are up and you with conductivity keep the tank (and everyone else inside your HR topped. The value of AG might be higher tho, but if your healers "struggle" with healing the bat-tank, it's nice.
    haha you stole my line. I was about to type this down. Yea conductivity is awesome, send 4 dps down, have the elemental shaman keep down healing rain and you can easily keep every1 up, on a fight like this its probably better than ag because its passive whilst ag can only be used once and then you will probably need a healer the next 2 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    I didn't read all comments, but Windwalker Totem does remove the frost debuff you get from the Frost Spear lines on Iron Qon.
    Yes. Very useful for the fight.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    Also, has anyone found a macro command to disable the (PE)Earth Elementals taunt? Tried to use /petautocastoff Angered Earth but it doesnt work like it does for other pet classes.
    This is what I use:

#showtooltip
    /cast Earth Elemental Totem
    /click PetActionButton4 RightButton <-Simulates right-clicking the taunt ability to toggle autocast on/off
    /petassist [spec:1]
    /petpassive [spec:2] <-Sets to Passive & casts Reinforce when in Resto Spec
    /cast [spec:2] Reinforce
    Last edited by Evgeny; 2013-04-08 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    did purge work at direhorn?