Macro for purging the Spirit without worring about targeting it
/target Direhorn Spirit
PS: I have been able to position myself so that chain lightning spam also keeps the Spirit away from me (at last at gates when there is lots of cleave). For the last phase you can have it so that when boss is kited to the middle you keep the Spirit at wall with Searing totem (has to be placed so that it cant reach the boss)
Last edited by Hoptam; 2013-04-22 at 11:07 AM.
Anyone tried out Conductivity for Meg? Our healers are struggling with the Rampages and AG is normally only up on every other head.
i would sugest to use ag still but use healing rain with clearcasting buff to increase HR healing
Same with Healing tide totem (worse actually).
Best I found was AG by far. If healers are struggling and running oom, you can basically double healing rain every rampage and mostly handle the 2nd rampage on your own with little help. I got it timed so that I get off 3 AG's and the last one is at end of 2nd to last head. Did like 38k hps, which is pretty impressive really.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.
Searing totem (at the expense of it not attacking boss or anything else) is still the best way I find.
Wind Shear, Purge and Unleash Elements all work.
Since I was needed to interrupt the Venomancers on the second gate I obviously just used a purge focus macro to keep it at bay, as well as trying to position the group of adds between the spirit and myself to chain lightning cleave him, but after the second gate since interrupting isn't an issue, I used a wind shear focus macro in conjunction with the purge one. Just to save some mana, but its not too bad, you shouldn't go OOM. If you are having mana issues, maybe minor glyph Thunderstorm and throw a few in when there's 4+ adds.
Perfect example is eruptors POV video. He CL the whole fight, sure he ends up higher on DPS overall, but its not really effective dps, i.e. opening with ascendence instead of saving for first critical adds, using ascendence to aoe which meant they got additional poison stacks / effusions. The numbers look pretty but they are not EFFECTIVE dps.
Personally on heroic I ascend the first wastewalker, and ascend the priority poison add when the two spawn. the next ascendence goes to aoeing the warlords and whatever other adds we can stack with them. As an example of how much difference this makes, our warlock can do most if not all of the dispels on door one, and we dont get poison stacks at all on door 2 with 1 (maybe a 2nd one after the door closes)effusion if noone slacks.
Also that purge idea is a good one, i figured it would need to be a damaging ability, does this impact mana much?
Last edited by desert-wind; 2013-04-24 at 12:21 AM.
What specc are you guys running on horridon heroic? EM/PE - haste build? or mastery for better aoe?
Thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread for it, for heroic Durumu did anyone test if you glyph SR to remove the Dark Parasite debuff do you still get the Dark Plague debuff ?
* A macro of /target Direhorn Spirit /cast Purge /targetlasttarget for the pink dinosaur. Weave it in with your other spells instead of spamming it; the dinosaur's getting-knockbacked effect won't trigger twice in 1-1.5 seconds
* Using a Glyphed Healing Stream Totem when damage starts to get intense (every door has Fire, Frost and/or Nature damage)
* Using Stone Bulwark Totem when I get a DoT on me (first door fire, second door venom nova / bleed, third door fixate adds)
* A /focus macro and a macro that does /cast [ATSIGNfocus] Wind Shear /cast Wind Shear. When something comes down that needs interrupted but isn't the primary DPS target (basilisks, second venom priest, fireball adds) I select them, hit the focus macro, and go back to the primary target. As long as you're facing your focus and in range of them, you can interrupt them without switching. If you have no focus (or your focus is out of range / not in front of you) it will interrupt your target.
* Using the single-target rotation but substituting CL for LB. It's a small single-target loss but if you're rotating cooldowns, you can sustain it, and cleaving down small adds helps manage the chaos
* While you're learning, don't be afraid to Bloodlust if the raid is struggling. Better to blow it early and get more practice than wipe before you get to Jalak.
* Make sure to plan out your Ancestral Guidances with your healers, they can be enormously helpful, especially if you turn and focus Horridon for the duration to increase your DPS (and thus HPS)
Shaman since MoP, Raider since Vanilla
eXample - Semi HC 12/14HC guild
CL is one of the strongest and most efficient cleaves on this fight. If you need more single target, you should be asking a hunter or melee to do that, rather than giving up the usage of one of the strongest spells in the game.
It's like Garalon, where you want your most efficient cleavers to use the leg resource. Well, on Horridon, your elemental should be using CL as it's the most efficient way to damage things.