Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Anyone tried out Conductivity for Meg? Our healers are struggling with the Rampages and AG is normally only up on every other head.
    Try glyph of healing stream totem if you haven't already. It will reduce rampage by 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    I don't agree with you for Horridon. Every single add does something bad and needs to die. If the entire raid plays efficiently on Horridon, you gain a massive amount of raid DPS that is far more helpful than getting one add down faster.

CL is one of the strongest and most efficient cleaves on this fight. If you need more single target, you should be asking a hunter or melee to do that, rather than giving up the usage of one of the strongest spells in the game.

It's like Garalon, where you want your most efficient cleavers to use the leg resource. Well, on Horridon, your elemental should be using CL as it's the most efficient way to damage things.
    There is a fine balance for this, and it will depend on your own raid. If you can tell an important add is NOT dying fast enough, you need to pull through and start bursting some single target; like on Venom Priests and Shaman. Sure, you can spam CL all day, but ONLY if you can see that the nasty adds are dying appropriately. Some things are just more important on this fight and we have an amazing single target burst CD. You aren't playing to max if you can't read your surroundings and make a good call on whether to just CL spam or go single target. It's not always about the numbers and the cleave.

Edit: Didn't know the OP about this topic was talking about silly Normal. Sure, my points are still important, but it's most important and almost mandatory on Heroic. Bad adds HAVE to die quickly.
    Last edited by Eggwolls; 2013-04-29 at 08:30 PM.

Hey everyone.

We are starting on Heroic Durumu tonight and I was curious if any of you with experience on this fight could chime in.

Do we kill Ice Walls by chaining off of Durumu or should be be chaining off of Ice Walls? Should we save Ascendance for Lava Beam on Ice Walls or use it as single target in order for Ascendance to come up faster?

Besides using Grounding Totem liberally, any other tips/tricks?

Depends how good your raids dps is on the walls. One tip if that if your focusing down one wall, target the third one from the boss. Usually if you target the first or second one closest to the boss, the CL jumps toward the boss, resulting in less damage on the icewall(it does jump from boss to another wall tho). If it doesn´t matter which wall your taking down, CL the boss, then it jumps randomly to 1 of the 3 walls.
    I always use Asc on the boss atleast, on CD. Again, depends on your raids dps is on the wall, if it´s lacking, save it for the ice walls.

Also, if your getting assigned beams, try to be in the yellow or blue beam so you can stand still as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunhunglo View Post
    Hey everyone.

We are starting on Heroic Durumu tonight and I was curious if any of you with experience on this fight could chime in.

Do we kill Ice Walls by chaining off of Durumu or should be be chaining off of Ice Walls? Should we save Ascendance for Lava Beam on Ice Walls or use it as single target in order for Ascendance to come up faster?

Besides using Grounding Totem liberally, any other tips/tricks?
    We killed him finally this past weekend. Chain off Durumu and just use Ascendance on CD is what I did. We didn't use grounding totems because we couldn't verify through logs they were doing anything. We did use a couple Skull Banners and Stormlashes on ice walls though to help break them faster if we were moving to the left. Right side walls were easy. Our biggest issue was people dieing to the maze and nuking the eyes. Be sure your warriors aren't using dragons roar on them ><.

Some people use PE on the fight but I switched back to EB. EB was giving me more damage than that of the primal fire ele. It wasn't a huge difference but if your good at running the maze take EB. The enrage is tuned really well as we killed it with 1 second left on enrage.

Dealing with Ice Walls is the only hard thing in the fight and ele shamans are the best to do so, I think you should save Ascendance for walls and let single target dps to others since it is not where we shine (even if you destroy them quickly). IF you have the 4p T15, Ascendance should be ready for the 1st, 3rd and 5th walls without having to delay it too much.

Deleted
    10M Horridon

DO you guys use the CL glyph? Cant make up my mind and would like to replace it with the HST glyph.

Hey for Horr 25m should I use AS or EotE. I know EotE is good for aoe but considering the burn phases I use PE what would be a bigger damage increase?

Hey sorry to bump a somewhat old thread but didn't want to create an entire new one for this question. I was just curious if there were any tips for ele shaman on Heroic Twins? Also, does lava surge proc on Suen when she goes invisible?
    Last edited by Falisa; 2013-06-24 at 10:45 PM.

I found that I was taking a lot of damage near the end of the night phase in comparison to our spriests, warlocks and moonkins. I like to use PE and have the earth elemental channel the damage reduction on me for the last minute of the night phase. I also popped AG and chainlightninged down all the adds at the start of day phase to help with the healing. During the infernos its really good to help out with the healing since you cant attack the boss anyways. You can still get lava surge procs when she goes invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Hey sorry to bump a somewhat old thread but didn't want to create an entire new one for this question. I was just curious if there were any tips for ele shaman on Heroic Twins? Also, does lava surge proc on Suen when she goes invisible?
    Yes Lava Surge procs on Suen when she's invisible. You should switch on her everytime she appears in Night phase so try to keep EB, ES or LvB if you can (don't delay them too much though) and when they're close, CL (unglyphed, DPS on adds in day phase is much less important than DPS on bosses in night phase) them. As for survivability, keep SR and AS (if you specced it) for the late night phase. If you die, never Brez/ankh during night phase, you'll get insta rape by the ghosts.

Nothing much during day phase, drop HR/HST and spam CH during infernos.

Try yo keep all your cooldowns for the Twilight phase, it hurts a lot.