HoS threat question

Just wondering how the threat reduction works with HoS.

Lets say the tank is top, a dps is 2nd almost catching up, if you HoS the DPS will his go down? or does it need to be cast on the TOP on threat?

Cheers.

Deleted
    Not sure if I understand the question really. But basically, HoS do not remove any threat, it simply makes the boss not target that person.

It is like using a bubble or something, the boss will simply attack another person but as soon as the HoS runs out he will attack you again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes the target's threat zero for the duration. So, going by your example, the DPS's threat would drop to zero and put them at the bottom of the threat list for ten seconds. After ten seconds, the DPS's threat goes back to normal, so he'll jump back up to second in the threat list.

It doesn't have to be cast on the current aggro target, but it's not going to be as noticeable if it's not.

That is what I meant =) in that space though the tank will have kept increasing his threat wouldn't he. Just needed to know if it works on anyone with threat, or it had to be the current top for aggro.

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tank has 1000 threat. Dps has 990 threat.

Salv cast on Dps.

Tank threat continues to climb, 1000+. Dps threat doesnt move, stays at 990(though it as if the boss has a blind eye toward the 990, sorta 0 but not really) until the duration runs. Dps will begin to generate threat again starting at 990.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    Tank has 1000 threat. Dps has 990 threat.

Salv cast on Dps.

Tank threat continues to climb, 1000+. Dps threat doesnt move, stays at 990(though it as if the boss has a blind eye toward the 990, sorta 0 but not really) until the duration runs. Dps will begin to generate threat again starting at 990.
    I was under the impression that your threat still continued to accumulate when HoS was on you, but it just is a zero for the purposes of who the boss targets. Which basically means HoS will only make a difference when cast on the highest threat target.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I was under the impression that your threat still continued to accumulate when HoS was on you, but it just is a zero for the purposes of who the boss targets. Which basically means HoS will only make a difference when cast on the highest threat target.
    Ok, I see what you're saying. Meaning it would only be beneficial to cast on a dps that has actually pulled aggro, so the boss goes back to the tank.

Maybe I have read the threat meters wrong, but it seems as if the threat just stays at what it was, and then begins to climb again after the duration exhausts.

I could be wrong.

Deleted
    Rather sure it continues to climb, since casting it on an overaggroing tank gives him the aggro back again after 10 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was wrong. Theat does continue to climb while under Salv.