1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    seeing some results that dont make sense to me on WoL. Some of the highest destro ranks on fights (excluding the obv of horridon and tortos) are locks using sacrifice , some of those locks posting in this thread as well. Seems like the only fight we use gosup being iron qon, and even then one of the highest destro ranks on that fight is a gosac.

    and for the guy above wondering the best way to gem/reforge if you dont want to be changing from fight to fight: Int+mastery in yellow sockets. mastery/crit/haste= 1:1:1
    Maybe I could have done more with Sac, but I seemed to do just fine with GoSup on fights like Council/Horridon/Tortos - fights that people in this thread think GoSac would be great for. Currently 3rd on Council, 3rd on Horridon and 4th on Tortos in ilvl 510 (512 now, but 510 when I got those ranks) (Normal only - my guild hasn't cleared normal yet ) - so I think the damage increase is negligible.

  2. #262
    Hey Brusalk.

    I'd just like to thank you for all the hard work you have done on the destro guide, as a old school destro player, it's nice to see dedicated people making guides.

    I have been looking through the most of the thread, but can't seem to find a guide to which setup is best as destro, for each boss encounter in ToT. Could you share with us, your own setup of either haste/gosup or mastery/gosac for the ToT boss encounters? Not sure if it's different from normal to hc, but for us mortals, the setup guide for normal encounters would be highly appreciated

    Other locks then Brusalk, (like you zumzum) are of course also welcome to share their experiences of reforge-setup pr encounter
    Last edited by Azar; 2013-03-15 at 02:48 PM.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's just that. Mixed.

    It's a marginal DPS increase on 1 target if the target is in the RoF for it's full duration. 1 tick missed means it's a loss.

    I don't really use it on single target fights unless I'm fishing for trinket procs and I'm 100% sure the boss won't move.
    You may be outdated in your advice here - keep in mind rain of fire now generates 60% more embers than it did before 5.2. Simulations are showing that forgoing rain of fire on a single target is more than three times as bad as ignoring backdraft stacks when casting chaos bolt.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

  4. #264
    yea rain of fire is huge, i was struggling a bit on iron qon. was the first fight that i was getting beat by other player in my group with lower ilvl who i normally always beat. starting keeping up rof a lot more often and saw a big increase in dps

  5. #265
    I wish the would make rain of fire scale with haste to add more ticks instead of just lowering the "channel" time.

    Pretty annoying to keep it up under bloodlust/Berserking/Valor trinket procc.

  6. #266
    Even with the buffed Rain of fire, it still only adds 1% dps roughly singletarget from my own tests and sims, and a lot of the time the extra attention keeping is not worth it.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Even with the buffed Rain of fire, it still only adds 1% dps roughly singletarget from my own tests and sims, and a lot of the time the extra attention keeping is not worth it.
    Unless you downloaded the fresh release and did your sims within the past hour or two, you were using a sim that hadn't been updated for the RoF ember change. It's more like 3-4% in my tests.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Your pet will get the buff when you get it, you don't have to take the Imp.
    (a propos Jin'rokh i suppose) True, except when your raidleader asks that anyone who could self-dispel just do it. So in that case the imp is "mandatory", whatever the grimoire you choose. Pay attention when going GoSup to only dispel yourself (target reticle is *big*), and not include other players who may be at the edge of the pool ... i killed a bunch o' people that way yesterday.
    Kartov, 1/13 25H, gnome warlock from Eclipse @ Eu-Dalaran (FR)

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Even with the buffed Rain of fire, it still only adds 1% dps roughly singletarget from my own tests and sims, and a lot of the time the extra attention keeping is not worth it.
    You are not using RoF for the damage it does, but for the embers it generates. And it generates a lot.
    Interested in light analysis, ramblings and other
    shenanigans about rogues? Check Badstabbers.

  10. #270
    agreed ROF does generate a nice amount of embers on single target fights, more embers = more CB and SB spam. i really like where destro is going and is right now.

  11. #271
    Does anyone know the haste breakpoints for Immolate/RoF?

  12. #272
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,744
    There is not any haste breakpoint for RoF.
    For Immolate 2021/10124 : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...r=false&gid=13
    Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with 1200 questions and 80 achievements!

    Inactive since 09/2013

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    You may be outdated in your advice here - keep in mind rain of fire now generates 60% more embers than it did before 5.2. Simulations are showing that forgoing rain of fire on a single target is more than three times as bad as ignoring backdraft stacks when casting chaos bolt.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.


    That is true. I need to redo some sims now.

  14. #274

  15. #275
    I was looking this up earlier and was a bit confused. Current sims show us using GoSup in BiS gear and gemming for intellect but the scale factors shows 2x mastery > 1x intellect. If that is the case (coupled with the increase regen from RoF this tier) I am wondering if it really would be better to go back to something much closer to the 5.1 model of GoSac w/ Mastery stacking while gemming for mastery as much as possible. I don't know how to use simcraft to save my life but would be very curious to see if that would be superior to what simcraft is using now.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Unless you downloaded the fresh release and did your sims within the past hour or two, you were using a sim that hadn't been updated for the RoF ember change. It's more like 3-4% in my tests.
    I DL'd a new one yesterday thinking it was in since it had been discussed for a while, not sure how to check what's in and what's not in each version. And I didn't just sim it but did ingame tests too and it was a couple percent increase so depending on RNG and uptime the amount could sway a little, so 3-4% could be correct with a 100% uptime. It is likely worth using singletarget, but there's still the fact that it is a targetable reticle (meaning any delay in its application voids its gain), does not last very long, costs a lot of mana and is generally annoying to keep a 100% uptime on a singletarget from start to finish while managing fight mechanics. (I appologize for making sweeping generalizations if someone here does not think it is). The fact is that the less uptime you have on it, the less of an overall significance to your dps it is. Thankfully there are very few pure singletarget fights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    You are not using RoF for the damage it does, but for the embers it generates. And it generates a lot.
    I know that, the damage of it was not buffed so what did you think I was on about when I said buffed Rain of fire?

  17. #277
    Going by the knowledge that haste = crit > mastery, does it account for the below 1 sec incinerates with backdraft and heroism? Isn't it a dps loss to have 0.7 sec Incinerate casts? I went from 15% to 10% haste and gained some mastery instead, and now they are just a bit below 1 second which seems to be optimal for me. However, heroism is up for just 40 seconds during a fight, is it really a dps gain to reforge out of haste just to have 1 sec incinerates?

    edit: it also baffles me why Simcraft tells me that going below 1 sec incinerates would be a DPS increase
    Last edited by Potentio; 2013-03-15 at 08:34 PM.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Going by the knowledge that haste = crit > mastery, does it account for the below 1 sec incinerates with backdraft and heroism? Isn't it a dps loss to have 0.7 sec Incinerate casts? I went from 15% to 10% haste and gained some mastery instead, and now they are just a bit below 1 second which seems to be optimal for me. However, heroism is up for just 40 seconds during a fight, is it really a dps gain to reforge out of haste just to have 1 sec incinerates?
    I had a similar question a few pages back that nobody seemed to address... I wasn't talking about heroism, but more so of general haste procs (such as the VP trinket)

    Is it optimal to reforge out of haste so that you never go below 1sec incinerates?

    OR

    Is it optimal that when you have enough haste to go below 1sec incinerates, to just use chaos bolts with 3 or more backdraft stacks as to not have "wasted stats"

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    I had a similar question a few pages back that nobody seemed to address... I wasn't talking about heroism, but more so of general haste procs (such as the VP trinket)

    Is it optimal to reforge out of haste so that you never go below 1sec incinerates?

    OR

    Is it optimal that when you have enough haste to go below 1sec incinerates, to just use chaos bolts with 3 or more backdraft stacks as to not have "wasted stats"
    I'm not sure it's that nobody wanted to address it, just that it's a difficult question that requires a lot of thinking and testing. (Of which I am in short supply of right now with finals next week, and starting an internship at the beginning of April.) I'm pretty much the only one that either does theorycrafting about destro, or at least the only person that does AND shares his results.

    I can't be of much use to anyone in terms of complicated theorycrafting until next week.


    However, my gut feeling is that if you get to the point you have sub 1sec Incinerates in any circumstance, you should reforge some of that haste to crit.

  20. #280
    Question regarding multi-target fights like Council - How many targets do you keep Immolate up on? All 4 or just the one that you're nuking down, whilst keeping RoF rolling on the other ones if they're close enough?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •