Hey Brusalk, or anyone else for that matter, have you found yourself doing more damage on the first boss with a mastery build? Ive gone at it with my observer and my single target setup, but im seeing a lot of people dish out higher numbers with GoSac simply because blowing embers during pool phases is a lot more damage. Am I seeing things or is this something I should look at doing myself?

Just wanted to ask this before doing a reforge set for mastery for that fight to max on dps and flex my epeen

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    There is a thread with such tricks for elemental shamans. Helped my ele friend a lot. I would pretty much welcome such a thread for warlocks. Not only destruction.
    I started one for Affliction but was received with a lot of criticism as it included things to "pad" or "inflate" your DPS. While useful it really has to be taken with a grain of salt and not as a bible of how to DPS the boss in every and any situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    There're a few minor tips over at icy-veins: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...normal-heroic/

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Hey Brusalk, or anyone else for that matter, have you found yourself doing more damage on the first boss with a mastery build? Ive gone at it with my observer and my single target setup, but im seeing a lot of people dish out higher numbers with GoSac simply because blowing embers during pool phases is a lot more damage. Am I seeing things or is this something I should look at doing myself?

Just wanted to ask this before doing a reforge set for mastery for that fight to max on dps and flex my epeen
    Far as I know pet isn't being affected by the debuff (last I checked anyhow), so a mastery GoSup build should (in theory) be doing more damage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Far as I know pet isn't being affected by the debuff (last I checked anyhow), so a mastery GoSup build should (in theory) be doing more damage.
    pet should be being affected by buff, i think blizz stated that.

Pet is affected, has been since PTR.

just did 2 lfr runs one with sup build one with sac build, i did 169k as gosup and 197k as gosac. This however is still not solid because at one point during the sac fight, i had breath proc 3 times in a row {for 60 seconds straight}, it just kept going off, I was able to unload some insane numbers.

the sac build was with mast > Crit > haste, and I still wanna try 1 as Mast > haste > crit, and see what happends

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Pet is affected, has been since PTR.
    Never really paid much attention. The more you know. Neato.

Deleted
    hey i wanted to ask if its worth to spec destro with a 480 ilvl ~ or other specs are better with that ilvl.

yeah destro should be pulling ahead right now at that ilvl, but it still comes down to what you feel more comfy with. With affliction scaling in a strange place, either demo or destro should be more than fine at 480

Sadly I'm gonna have to give up on Destro for now. I just haven't been able to maximize the spec. If it's not one thing, it's another -- sitting on too many embers, not using Havoc to full potential, not using a Conflag before I get 2 banked, whatever. I know what I should be doing (for the most part), but I can't pull it together.

Back to Afflic for me. I might have better luck with Demo but after failing as Destro all raidweek I need something I'm already good at for a morale boost.

I've said it a couple times recently ... I think Destro is easier to get into, but harder to master, than Afflic. At least it's been my experience.

It kinda makes me sad, though -- in Cata I had ranking parses as all three specs for all three tiers, each. Now I'm not sure which I'll keep as my offspec to get practice with ... gah.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.
    How big is a dps loss if I'm raiding with affliction reforge and sockets in destro spec?

Deleted
    Any recommendations on Destruction macros ? Just switched yesterday from Affliction. Also which stat priority are you prefering ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    So.
    How big is a dps loss if I'm raiding with affliction reforge and sockets in destro spec?
    According to the sims I ran (at ~490 ilvl) there was a difference of ~1,900 DPS. (In favour of the Destruction reforge, of course)

Deleted
    Hai Brusalk . First of all tank you for your great work and best guide ever .... What addon are u using to track ROF ? i know i can do that on weekauras but i like the way your RoF button on actionbar its lighting up. :P

Deleted
    @blood fire:

Im normally destro with affli off-spec:

So I simmed my warlock as destro or affli without reforging etc. Im at the 6600 haste cap rest evenly between crit/mastery and ofc hit cap. Destro with 126k and affli 118k dps both on the standard patchwerk fight with 50k iterations. Quite big difference o.O thought they would be nearer together.
    Last edited by mmoca54f789dce; 2013-03-25 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    affliction sims very low this tier (or just with my current gear). even with gem swapping and reforging for 9,7k haste breakpoint i was still simming like 9k lower than with destruction build (134k vs 125k). dont know if this is some kind of bad written APL for affliction in simcraft or rly destro is so much better (at least with my ilvl).
    on the other hand i didnt have a chance to test affliction this tier as all the fights that i did favour destruction and demonology (on the other hand im only 4/12 so that my change later on)
    Last edited by mmocab4042b3e7; 2013-03-25 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    The Destruction APL is more accurate than the Affliction one still, afaik. Also, we'll start seeing Affliction pull ahead when we get gear (525ish, I'm guessing). Sitting at 521 atm and they're pretty close.

Deleted
    Nice guide Brusalk. I've tried destro last night after like 1 year with afli/demo ms/os. Your guide helped a lot tbh but i still think i can do more dps. I went with GoSup. with 7260mastery, 5020 crit, 4741 haste ( for demo os haste cap ) . I think i did preatty low dps in the end for my gear.. donno what to say. If u have time , here are the logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8283&e=8707

Deleted

Destro : Am i doing it right?

Hello everyone!
    I got a question regarding destro rotation.
    so this is usually how i start off.

Immolate
    Curse
    RoF
    Conflagrate
    Ini x3
    RoF
    Chaos bolt ( If 2.5 ember + )
    Conf
    Ini x3

And pretty much always keeping RoF up,
    Cant really tell if im doing it right or how it should be?
    Should i always have RoF up ? Or just sometimes?

Also, After crit, Haste or mastery ?
    Here's my armory.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AF/advanced

Would be appreciated for all kind of help.
    /Kyuubï