10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to newly acquired gear I broke the treshold for 100% mastery ending up at a neat 102,7% raidbuffed as a Sacrificebuild. However I have to wonder: I have no reason to believe that Mastery's value diminishes in terms of how much you have, but is anyone aware of a point of time where you should be moving out of mastery and getting crit instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Shienna View Post
    Thanks to newly acquired gear I broke the treshold for 100% mastery ending up at a neat 102,7% raidbuffed as a Sacrificebuild. However I have to wonder: I have no reason to believe that Mastery's value diminishes in terms of how much you have, but is anyone aware of a point of time where you should be moving out of mastery and getting crit instead?
    If you're AoEing or running sac, mastery is always best.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    That's wrong though... the haste proc is decent if you aren't stacking haste.

Not really arguing against it though, just saying that in general even if the proc isn't that good the high item will usually be better

I was curious if there was a stat set up that I could run without having to reforge for certain fights. Like an all around stat set up. Right now im ilvl 519 with Horridon staff, Animus and Council trinkets, 4p (2lfr 2 norm), no legendary meta. Ive tried messing about with mostly Crit>haste>mastery and its been alright, nothing amazing in 25 mans. But the question is if there is a way I can set up my stats in a way I wouldnt have to reforge and still do proper dps on all fights, or if I should just go affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    I was curious if there was a stat set up that I could run without having to reforge for certain fights. Like an all around stat set up. Right now im ilvl 519 with Horridon staff, Animus and Council trinkets, 4p (2lfr 2 norm), no legendary meta. Ive tried messing about with mostly Crit>haste>mastery and its been alright, nothing amazing in 25 mans. But the question is if there is a way I can set up my stats in a way I wouldnt have to reforge and still do proper dps on all fights, or if I should just go affliction?
    Stack mastery, and go Demo with the same reforge setup for single target fights.

I don't recommend doing this because you're gimping your performance in all aspects just so you can be lazy and not reforge, but if you absolutely didn't want to reforge, then you could do the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Stack mastery, and go Demo with the same reforge setup for single target fights.

I don't recommend doing this because you're gimping your performance in all aspects just so you can be lazy and not reforge, but if you absolutely didn't want to reforge, then you could do the above.
    Thank you for the tip, the only reason I dont want to reforge every other fight is due to my guild farming normal 25 mostly with random issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    Thank you for the tip, the only reason I dont want to reforge every other fight is due to my guild farming normal 25 mostly with random issues.
    Yeah, I was about to say it's one thing if the guild is pushing HM progression, which I always switch specs for and reforge for fight by fight, but in terms of Normal mode it's not a huge deal.

Also, is there a lower plateau for Crit for single target Destro? Just wondering if you can actually get too low on that stat in favor of Mastery/Haste?

I'm trying to create a mouseover macro for shadowburn, but also hits the mob I have targeted by normal means. Can anyone help me with this?

Isn't the difference between mediocre reforging and "perfect' reforging like 1% of your dps ? Thought I read someone on here post some math on that. Please correct me if I'm recalling wrong.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Isn't the difference between mediocre reforging and "perfect' reforging like 1% of your dps ? Thought I read someone on here post some math on that. Please correct me if I'm recalling wrong.
    3-5k ish if you play perfectly. I've found that if I don't reforge for single target it's more like 6-7k for me personally.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isuldur View Post
    I'm trying to create a mouseover macro for shadowburn, but also hits the mob I have targeted by normal means. Can anyone help me with this?
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn

There's a bug where if you have havoc on your target, and mouseover-cast spells that havoc won't be consumed nor duplicate abilities. If you want that not to happen you can workaround it with:

Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cleartarget [exists]
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget

The problem with the above, is that if you don't have a target and you use the macro, the targetlasttarget will target the enemy you had targeted before it was cleared. Note that if you don't need a mouseover shadowburn to also cast on the target as a fallback, you can change the /targetlasttarget line in the one above with "/targetlasttarget [exists]".

At the moment I can't work on a more robust implementation that uses focus so that's not a problem, but when I get a chance I will.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Yeah, I was about to say it's one thing if the guild is pushing HM progression, which I always switch specs for and reforge for fight by fight, but in terms of Normal mode it's not a huge deal.

Also, is there a lower plateau for Crit for single target Destro? Just wondering if you can actually get too low on that stat in favor of Mastery/Haste?
    Nope. There isn't.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-05-03 at 07:45 PM.

I just leveled a warlock and this guide has been really useful. Thanks - it's a great guide.

I have two general questions for the knowledgeable destro locks out there:

-Better to save darksoul for bigger unloads, or use as available? Currently I've been following the guide's opener since it helps create embers fast but after that, I'm not sure.

-I just yesterday had enough ilevel to do ToT LFR and I got myself to friendly. Currently, I have the LFR Essence of Terror and a blue trinket. Is it okay to replace the blue trinket with the Shado-Pan assault trinket or is it really bad to have two trinkets that both proc haste? Current one procs Int that's nice for CBs, but it's heroic ilevel. Ideally i'd get something from ToT soon but still curious about having the two haste trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mankirks Daughter View Post
    I just leveled a warlock and this guide has been really useful. Thanks - it's a great guide.

-Better to save darksoul for bigger unloads, or use as available? Currently I've been following the guide's opener since it helps create embers fast but after that, I'm not sure.

-I just yesterday had enough ilevel to do ToT LFR and I got myself to friendly. Currently, I have the LFR Essence of Terror and a blue trinket. Is it okay to replace the blue trinket with the Shado-Pan assault trinket or is it really bad to have two trinkets that both proc haste? Current one procs Int that's nice for CBs, but it's heroic ilevel. Ideally i'd get something from ToT soon but still curious about having the two haste trinkets.
    Two haste trinkets is fine. The benefit from haste isn't from snapshotting, but from casting faster while it's actually up. + mana regen.

What about a shadowburn mouseover macro that works by mousing over the enemy's nameplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    What about a shadowburn mouseover macro that works by mousing over the enemy's nameplate.
    Look up 4-6 posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mankirks Daughter View Post

It's better to ignore players that will say it's the end of the world if you use a trinket with a haste proc. Most of them fail to understand that not everybody has BiS gear (they probably don't have it themselves either but they like to think they do)

Buy the valor trinket and use it till you can find a 522+ trinket since you have to look at the entire picture and now just the proc or passive status.

Look up 4-6 posts?
    that only works when mousing over the mob not the nameplate

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    that only works when mousing over the mob not the nameplate
    If it doesn't work on your nameplates, then you have an addon that moves/resizes them and you're not actually hitting the name plate. The clickable area of nameplates cannot be moved or resized. The macro works fine on nameplates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    If it doesn't work on your nameplates, then you have an addon that moves/resizes them and you're not actually hitting the name plate. The clickable area of nameplates cannot be moved or resized. The macro works fine on nameplates.
    I don't use any nameplate addons and mouseover macros don't work on nameplates for me.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't use any nameplate addons and mouseover macros don't work on nameplates for me.
    In that case you should start doing some investigation, because either your game client is bugged, or you're doing something wrong.

It's better to ignore players that will say it's the end of the world if you use a trinket with a haste proc. Most of them fail to understand that not everybody has BiS gear (they probably don't have it themselves either but they like to think they do)
    It's important to distinguish some things though, namely when players are discussing what's an upgrade for them currently (obviously Shado-pan Assault trinket would be better than a blue), and when people are discussing things in a more general sense.

If you have the valor for it and aren't killing a lot of ToT bosses (namely Council, Megaera, Animus), then yes the trinket is a good choice. But that doesn't mean the player shouldn't be aiming to eventually get the trinkets off those bosses.

It's good to know what type of gear you should be looking to get but also when you should be taking upgrades that are available. Personally, I hate it when I see a piece of gear get passed on by everyone, even if it's a 13ilvl upgrade, just because "it's not tier."