Page 11 of 198 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
111
... LastLast
  1. #201
    I'm still confused - should we be macro-ing in optical blast on CD for the observer? Or is this not a gain? I have seen that a few times in this discussion but then I look up the latest logs of the top parses and none of their demons are casting optical blast.

  2. #202
    Hi. I noticed you are the guy who's maintaining Event Horizon. Great addon, been using it since Wrath on my SP. Nowadays I main an Affli 'lock and EH is great for that spec as well. With the recent nerfs tho I (like the million of other 'locks) felt that I should get better acquainted with Destruction and gave up my Demo offspec for it and have been optimizing the UI for Destro. EH will be a part of this setup as well but I have one problem and I'm pretty helpless with editing the code.

    Is it possible to make a timer for Rain of Fire? Basically just something that checks when I cast RoF and makes a bar for the rain of fire's duration, like any dot. Marking the damage ticks would be even better. To put it simply, I want to track it like a DoT. Would this be possible with EventHorizon?

  3. #203
    Stood in the Fire Aeiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    461
    While I don't personally use EventHorizon, if you can customize it I would highly assume so. I personally have a Power Aura tracking Rain of Fire so I would believe it would let you.


    That being said, don't know for sure.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    I'm still confused - should we be macro-ing in optical blast on CD for the observer? Or is this not a gain? I have seen that a few times in this discussion but then I look up the latest logs of the top parses and none of their demons are casting optical blast.
    YES YOU SHOULD.

    Optical blast does more damage per energy than it's main attack. If you don't need to interrupt/silence, you should cast it on CD (marginal dps increase, but still there)

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 02:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Revenna View Post
    Hi. I noticed you are the guy who's maintaining Event Horizon. Great addon, been using it since Wrath on my SP. Nowadays I main an Affli 'lock and EH is great for that spec as well. With the recent nerfs tho I (like the million of other 'locks) felt that I should get better acquainted with Destruction and gave up my Demo offspec for it and have been optimizing the UI for Destro. EH will be a part of this setup as well but I have one problem and I'm pretty helpless with editing the code.

    Is it possible to make a timer for Rain of Fire? Basically just something that checks when I cast RoF and makes a bar for the rain of fire's duration, like any dot. Marking the damage ticks would be even better. To put it simply, I want to track it like a DoT. Would this be possible with EventHorizon?
    TBH I haven't tried.

    However, with the recent change so that RoF has a buff of the same duration on the player, you could easily track it that way (using the playerbuff=spellid option)

  5. #205
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenna View Post
    Hi. I noticed you are the guy who's maintaining Event Horizon. Great addon, been using it since Wrath on my SP. Nowadays I main an Affli 'lock and EH is great for that spec as well. With the recent nerfs tho I (like the million of other 'locks) felt that I should get better acquainted with Destruction and gave up my Demo offspec for it and have been optimizing the UI for Destro. EH will be a part of this setup as well but I have one problem and I'm pretty helpless with editing the code.

    Is it possible to make a timer for Rain of Fire? Basically just something that checks when I cast RoF and makes a bar for the rain of fire's duration, like any dot. Marking the damage ticks would be even better. To put it simply, I want to track it like a DoT. Would this be possible with EventHorizon?
    just so you know if you didnt already. RoF is a buff for destro, so when making an aura to check it, make it look in the buffs section

  6. #206
    Hey Brusalk,
    I've been keeping up with this post and your latest analysis of secondary stats so I'm mostly gonna go with haste + crit > mastery and only reforge to mastery for massive ember spender fights with GoSac.

    My question is about gemming though - we still stick with int as priority right? And as for orange gems, do you suggest going with int/haste or int/crit?

    Thank ahead for answer!

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    Hey Brusalk,
    I've been keeping up with this post and your latest analysis of secondary stats so I'm mostly gonna go with haste + crit > mastery and only reforge to mastery for massive ember spender fights with GoSac.

    My question is about gemming though - we still stick with int as priority right? And as for orange gems, do you suggest going with int/haste or int/crit?

    Thank ahead for answer!
    Take a look on the gemming section in the guide. I go over how to decide for yourself fairly extensively there

  8. #208
    Just got Wushalooy's Final Choise trinket and have to say it's pretty good.
    Tested for some 15 minutes on a doll and it proccs quite nicely. Sometimes it takes 2 minutes, sometimes it proccs 4 times straight after the ICD is done, in 22 seconds.

    Exchanged my DMF trinket for this one and liking it!

    When it proccs I just make sure to recast an Immolate at 10 stacks and when it's building up it's perfect to dump some Chaos Bolts, which I have ALOT of now with all this haste!

  9. #209
    Okay I found a soft haste cap for immolate which should be 4247 haste I'm now aiming for this value as with 4800 haste which I had before I run into gcd with 0.9 or even 0.8 sec with trinket proc cast time with backdraft during heroism also I have quite high mastery around 7000 and crit only 2000 (was affli before but after the recent nerfs I will stay destro all the time now also green fire looks so cool )

    I now reforged to 4400 haste 6000 mastery and 3000crit cant do more because I have so much haste/hit/mastery gear ^^

  10. #210
    Hi there !

    I just switched to destro for this tier (from affli). Posting to thank you guys for all the informations gathered in this topic ! (especially Brusalk and zumzumzum, nice to see another frenchman here btw !)

    I just regemmed and reforged all my stuff, in order to keep crit and haste somewhat close, and mastery behind (link to my char here for the ones interested).

    Let's see how it works tomorrow during raid night !

  11. #211
    This is a great thread man thanks for all the info!

  12. #212
    The Patient heenksa33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    278
    Hey, I'm really unsecure about what I should be gemming / reforging to.. I've been playing affli untill 5.2 hit so everything goes to mastery / 4717 haste cap.
    Don't know if I should gem int or haste or crit or w/e. My gear ain't the best either so maybe it's not worth it yet?
    Thanks in advance. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apear/advanced

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by heenksa33 View Post
    Hey, I'm really unsecure about what I should be gemming / reforging to.. I've been playing affli untill 5.2 hit so everything goes to mastery / 4717 haste cap.
    Don't know if I should gem int or haste or crit or w/e. My gear ain't the best either so maybe it's not worth it yet?
    Thanks in advance. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apear/advanced
    If I were you, I would gem for as much intellect as I could, without losing whatever secondary stat I wanted, like... all of them.

    I would probably use the +80 int +160 haste gems, or maybe +80 int +160 crit gems, as crit and haste are roughly worth the same (atleast on my ilvl of 508).

    Try reforging to a haste point where you feel comfortable casting Incinerates while under Backdraft and raidbuffed!
    That point, for me, is around 6000 haste. And with 6000 haste raidbuffed and under Backdraft I cast my Incinerates at a speed where I don't need to spam the hell out of my button, which I hate!

    After you found a point, let's say 5000 haste, go and reforge crit to roughly the same, and then take the rest into mastery, as I saw you were using GoSup!

    Atleast this is how I do it atm, and it works out super great!

  14. #214
    Got some Heroic 10 Kill Videos for those interested:

    Jin'rokh the Breaker: (God that death was unlucky/totally my fault)


    Horridon: (Okay. Seriously? Same # of adds + dinos' from roar on 25 and 10. :/)


    Tortos: (JEEZE this fight sucks, though it's pretty amazing for Destro mechanically)



    Our RL decided to skip Council because it seems the fight is ridiculously tough on 10 man right now, and our pally healer decided he couldn't show up to raid tomorrow, so we have only 3 raid days this week. :/

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Horridon: (Okay. Seriously? Same # of adds + dinos' from roar on 25 and 10. :/)
    And less than 1/3rd of the hp on 10man Besides, the more adds the happier the destro :P

    How did you manage the knockback in the last phase? I saw that the initial rof tick knockbacks the dino, but he got knockbacked several times without you having him in target. My guess was that you havoc'ed him, but i didnt saw any incinerates. So whats your best strategy there?

    I had a big drop in my dps in the last phase with mannoroths fury when we progressed him yesterday because of the stupid pink dino.

    Nice Videos!

  16. #216
    The Patient heenksa33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    If I were you, I would gem for as much intellect as I could, without losing whatever secondary stat I wanted, like... all of them.

    I would probably use the +80 int +160 haste gems, or maybe +80 int +160 crit gems, as crit and haste are roughly worth the same (atleast on my ilvl of 508).

    Try reforging to a haste point where you feel comfortable casting Incinerates while under Backdraft and raidbuffed!
    That point, for me, is around 6000 haste. And with 6000 haste raidbuffed and under Backdraft I cast my Incinerates at a speed where I don't need to spam the hell out of my button, which I hate!

    After you found a point, let's say 5000 haste, go and reforge crit to roughly the same, and then take the rest into mastery, as I saw you were using GoSup!

    Atleast this is how I do it atm, and it works out super great!
    Alright cheers, so mastery is like out of the question?

  17. #217
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    151
    so jinrokh gosup obs, horridon gosac (+mf) , council gosup imp, tortos gosac (mf? kjc?), and ?

  18. #218
    From looking at the Jin'rokh video I'd have to say Destruction is awesome in single target too! Nice kill.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    From looking at the Jin'rokh video I'd have to say Destruction is awesome in single target too! Nice kill.
    There's a pretty good synergy between puddles and dumping embers
    old mistweaver probably still better than u

  20. #220
    Have we come up with any type of consensus on what the best 2 trinkets are for destro yet? I know sims use the Cha-Ye Essence of Brilliance trinket (in practice the int proc makes it even better than it sims I would think) but what should we use for the other trinket? I know the unerring vision is the one with the most speculation but since chaos bolts dont scale like we thought it would, but it would provide a fully critted immolate that would be nice for ember regen is that the other trinket we should go for? Is it significantly better than either breath of the hydra or the trinket from council as it would seem from first glance that really any 2 trinkets this tier should be nice for us.

    tldr; what 2 trinkets should I attempt to get as destro this tier?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •