1. #641

    Destruction BIS

    Hi guys

    I've searching around trying to find some sort of a bis list for 5.2, can't seem to find any. I'm especially looking for bis weapon, trinkets and what tier item left out of the 5 set.

    My estimate says that the following is bis.

    Weapon: Venomlord's Totemic Wand + Fetish of the Hydra
    Trinkets: Breath of the Hydra + Wushoolay's Final Choice (not sure if Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance is better though).
    Tier head replaced with: Hood of the Crimson Wake


    Any thoughts ?

  2. #642
    You don't really need to dispel the ionization. Just stay as long as you can in the water and when your ionization is about to expire you should just get out of the water and use damage reduction spells if needed and let it explode on its own. After ionization ends there is like 5 seconds before lighting storm will hit so you wont lose anything.
    Last edited by esatikkane; 2013-03-27 at 11:05 PM.

  3. #643
    You dont actually need to use a damage reduction CD either if you're specced into Soul Leech.

    Unless you get the lightning orb on you, you should build up a decent enough shield from SL to absorb most of the dmg from the Ionization explosion.

  4. #644
    Bloodsail Admiral Bladeface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alaska. Cold as shit.
    Posts
    1,134
    hmmm..... so... i just simmed my own char again once for 1-8 targets for 10000 iterations and came up with something that is confusing me.... apparently for my char crit is best on 1 target, haste is best on 3 targets, and mastery is best on 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, AND 8 targets.... ive been gemming for haste but now i dont really know what to
    My armory: Sheogorath
    My channel: Shirgadirth I do gameplay/commentary. Two of my videos have over 12k views now
    Elder Scrolls Online Dungeon Walkthrough!
    My most viewed video!
    My second most viewed video!

  5. #645
    Getting some weird thing with Havoc where I'll cast it on a mob, then shadowburn or incinerate x3 to elsewhere, and notice the Havoc debuff still on the first mob. Haven't really been able to replicate it in controlled environments where I know for sure I'm actually hitting three spells (mostly have been noticing this while questing, and didn't bother stopping to check -- or I've chain pulled a ton of mobs and didn't leave combat).

    And I can't be sure but it might only be happening when I use my mouseover macro I made for clique (I use the same mousebutton-press to either soulstone or havoc, depending on whether I'm moused over a friendly or unfriendly target).

    Haven't done a thorough investigation yet (can't use target dummies as I can only test incinerate and not shadowburn on 'em), and the most likely thing is I'm just not actually hitting three spells, but it's happened often enough while questing that I can't just easily shrug it off as me thinking multiple times I've hit three spells when I haven't, so I wanted to check in with y'all and see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Getting some weird thing with Havoc where I'll cast it on a mob, then shadowburn or incinerate x3 to elsewhere, and notice the Havoc debuff still on the first mob. Haven't really been able to replicate it in controlled environments where I know for sure I'm actually hitting three spells (mostly have been noticing this while questing, and didn't bother stopping to check -- or I've chain pulled a ton of mobs and didn't leave combat).

    And I can't be sure but it might only be happening when I use my mouseover macro I made for clique (I use the same mousebutton-press to either soulstone or havoc, depending on whether I'm moused over a friendly or unfriendly target).

    Haven't done a thorough investigation yet (can't use target dummies as I can only test incinerate and not shadowburn on 'em), and the most likely thing is I'm just not actually hitting three spells, but it's happened often enough while questing that I can't just easily shrug it off as me thinking multiple times I've hit three spells when I haven't, so I wanted to check in with y'all and see if anyone has experienced anything similar.
    Havoc applies a buff on the caster with 3 stacks.

    Havoc also applies a debuff on the targeted mob that is just the full duration of the havoc.


    The debuff doesn't go away once you've casted 3 spells.

  7. #647
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Havoc applies a buff on the caster with 3 stacks.

    Havoc also applies a debuff on the targeted mob that is just the full duration of the havoc.


    The debuff doesn't go away once you've casted 3 spells.

    To be honest it took me some time to figure that thing out on me own ;p

    On a different note i just got breath of hydra. Strange thing is that i had more procs in destruction spec than in full haste gemmed and reforged affliction. I know that 4 tries as spec one or another is it not in any case representative but that feels strange. Plus i must have lost my affli mojo as i was doing -15k dps comparing to single target destro.

  8. #648
    Just a quick question on spell calculations: something like a chaos bolt/incinerate with a travel time - does the damage of the spell snapshot when it leaves your character or when it hits the target? i.e. if I have the unerring vision of lei shen proc and cast a chaos bolt right as it's expiring but it hits the target after the proc has expired - does this count or not? I was testing last night and found there were a few situations where I could immolate when the proc hit and still have time to *barely* get off a chaos bolt under BL or something, and wanted to know whether this was worthwhile or whether I should cast a conflag/immolate so it hits with more cushion and gets the guaranteed crit, and then cast the chaos bolt after the proc expires?

  9. #649
    it takes a snapshot when the cast is finished travel time is not important

  10. #650
    What about Felflame refreshed immolate? Nuke itself will crit, but when is refresh value for dot calculated?

  11. #651
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    What about Felflame refreshed immolate? Nuke itself will crit, but when is refresh value for dot calculated?
    Hard to tell if it happens on cast or on hit, but the extra time added only goes into effect when Felflame actually hits the target, so I'm going to assume that the update happens at that time too.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hard to tell if it happens on cast or on hit, but the extra time added only goes into effect when Felflame actually hits the target, so I'm going to assume that the update happens at that time too.
    On hit, if it applies like affliction. I've had plenty of frustrating moments when I lose procs over a long travel time from FF updating to weaker dots instead of extending strong ones.

  13. #653
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Havoc applies a buff on the caster with 3 stacks.

    Havoc also applies a debuff on the targeted mob that is just the full duration of the havoc.


    The debuff doesn't go away once you've casted 3 spells.
    Well then.

    Has it always been like this ? I played Destro for a not-insignificant amount of time in Cata and I don't recall the debuff staying on. Wild. Guess I'm getting old.

  14. #654
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Has it always been like this ? I played Destro for a not-insignificant amount of time in Cata and I don't recall the debuff staying on. Wild. Guess I'm getting old.
    There were no stack during Cata it was a 5min debuff, you might wanna get it checked out
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  15. #655
    Holy crap destruction on Primordius hc. NOMNOMNOM. And its not even whoreing! Damage on Primordius + the horrors was 30 million more than the next person. There's something fun about spamming Shadowburns non stop for the last minute.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-03-28 at 11:06 PM.

  16. #656
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Haha can't wait to try it too !
    Durumu is already a lot of fun x)

    Are you targeting a buff in particular ? Mastery ? 100% crit on SBs could be fun too
    I didn't find Destro that awesome in normal mode, but I do remember (from PTR) beasts making FnB possible in HM.
    Last edited by Zumzumzum; 2013-03-28 at 11:16 PM.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  17. #657
    Dreadlord Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    995

    Confusing Stat Weights.

    I'm a Destruction Warlock with 500 item level . So I went to sim myself to see how are my stat weights and the results were really bizzare . Maybe you guys can help me out . so here they are:

    _________________________________________Intellect__SP___Hit___Crit___Haste___Mastery____D PS
    [With 6771 crit, 3119 haste and 2083 mastery]___4.38___3.51__3.00__1.86___1.97_____1.84_____111410
    [With 4579 crit, 5165 haste and 2448 mastery]___4.35___3.48__3.00__1.92___1.79_____1.76_____111444


    So ... what must I do here ? What gear do I choose ? Do I continue stacking crit gear as I am right now ?

    Thank you for your help in advance .
    Last edited by Arian21; 2013-03-28 at 11:16 PM.

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Haha can't wait to try it too !
    Durumu is already a lot of fun x)

    Are you targeting a buff in particular ? Mastery ? 100% crit on SBs could be fun too
    I didn't find Destro that awesome in normal mode, but I do remember (from PTR) beasts making FnB possible in HM.
    I don't use FnB because it's not effective damage (we only kill adds at the start to get fully mutated, and then 5 marked adds every few minutes to keep the buffs refreshed). Just RoF and Chaos Bolt spam, cleaving Shadowburns from Vicious Horrors onto the boss. Can't really control what buff you get so its just random. Pure Mastery would be nice but its pretty much just get what you're given. I had a mixture of everything on this kill.

  19. #659
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Some people in my raid usually ask for dispells to get better buffs, but if you aren't killing more adds I guess this isn't an option ^^
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  20. #660
    This must have been asked before, but is there some kind of trinket ranking? all top locks, and ones posting here as using ALL of the ToT trinkets, is it a case of get hold of 2 x522 trinkets asap then the differences are not major? (I know unerring is op for Demo).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •