Deleted
    having immolate deal most or 2nd most dmg of all your spells is just so wrong, but how can something so wrong feel so right lol.

Deleted
    The bug comes from Havoc and Immolate, not one of the 2 alone. You will only see the additional ticks on a target that you've casted Havoc + FF to refresh immolates on... can you imagine how stupid it would be if just a FF caused the extra ticks with no need for havoc? such huge DPS!

(Or well, I'm fairly sure the bug is due to some wierd relationship between Havoc and Immolate alone, Fel flame just extends the bugs duration xD)
    Last edited by mmoc0a4b403eea; 2013-04-14 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    I do think fel flame is involved somehow. The ghost immolate only ticks for about 500 damage each tick before i extend it with fel flame.

Deleted
    it does 599 for me but it does seem to be so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    it does 599 for me but it does seem to be so.
    Yup, just tested this on a dummy. Was ticking for 511 (can crit for 1k), but once extended with fel flame was ticking for double the normal damage.

Also, you dont have to use havoc to extend the dot, casting fel flame on the havoc'd target directly has the same effect.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That explains why my Immo damage is so high on heads on Mageera, despite the fact I'm only hitting for embers. Time to swap my targets around so it's on the "useful" head, methinks. Does the same occur with the copied CB DoT under Sac? Don't see why it would, but who knows?
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    Doesn't appear to do so, just tried

Any suggestions for N Animus? Just starting on it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Not worry about damage at all, or go affliction for the delicious add damage at the beginning of the fight if you're doing it the way we do it.

If you don't need add damage, then might as well do whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    it dpends on how you do the boss, but the way we did it, you dont really need to do much, just stay alive and dps the small animus golems that needs to die near the malfunctioning large animus golems so you can get some embers

I believe we're doing the strat fatboss did. Fill all malfunctioning larges then fully fill one massive then activate boss.

Deleted
    yeah then there is very little for you to do. just take what you can for survivability and try and gnerate some ember on those adds that needs to go into the malfunctioning large ones.

Tryed this havoc + immo thing. Too bad its not working singletarget with putting havoc on the mob and do a felflame. It must be a copied immolate.

Question is, would it be beneficial to havoc the immolate on the maintarget and keep on extending it with felflame even there is no second target around for a while? I guess not, the amount of incinerates you lose should be too high.

Second question, what is more dps if you like to pad, this immolate thing or straight chaosbolt? Anyone doing the math? (dont tell me padding is bad and all, i just want to know in theory, i m more of a only useful damage guy since our logs are private anyway)

All in all it is a pretty interesting mechanic on fights where you are not allowed to multidot or pad (progress, whatever). Already wondered where the insane amount of dps on the inactive head came from last time we killed megaera while i was using immo, felflame, felflame for havoc instead of immo, inci, inci

Deleted
    It is definatly a dps gain to keep extending the ghost immolate with fel flame without using havoc after.

Deleted
    my guild did protectors in terrace since some ppl still need gear, and i managed to do 161k dps in ilvl 516 which according to WoL would be enough to rank me 3rd in dps for destro locks. should mention that all of the top 10 is from late march early april.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    It is definatly a dps gain to keep extending the ghost immolate with fel flame without using havoc after.
    and a rather big one at that, 20-30k dps gain isnt far fetched. having the trink from council makes it even more fun.

Deleted
    Any tips for Heroic Iron Qon? Really it must be the only fight in ToT where I struggle to be first in DPS.

I find myself running out of mana at times... to keep RoF on the boss at all costs. And then there is this situation where Immolate is about to run off and Cha-Ye procs. Now to get 3 chaos bolts off during Cha-Ye I must react on a moment's notice, but is not refreshing Immolate at that scenario justified?

I also find myself struggling on that boss when compared to our rogues and Unholy DKs. That valor trinket isn't helping at all either And too bad that the window to do that Invisible Immolate trick is as tiny as it is during phase changes.

But that low mana thing is annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Any tips for Heroic Iron Qon? Really it must be the only fight in ToT where I struggle to be first in DPS.

I find myself running out of mana at times... to keep RoF on the boss at all costs. And then there is this situation where Immolate is about to run off and Cha-Ye procs. Now to get 3 chaos bolts off during Cha-Ye I must react on a moment's notice, but is not refreshing Immolate at that scenario justified?

I also find myself struggling on that boss when compared to our rogues and Unholy DKs. That valor trinket isn't helping at all either And too bad that the window to do that Invisible Immolate trick is as tiny as it is during phase changes.

Destro was 5.0 designed to have to deal with mana. It's not surprising that they'd finally make it a problem as it was originally intended to be.

Destro on single target is fine, but it's not exactly the best out there. It's not surprising that rogues and other classes will be a lot closer to you than usual, as there's no way to use a large part of destro's toolkit.

Deleted

DK's and rogues should have better single target damage than any of the warlock specs if they are equally geared and can play.

Hi guys.
    Long time lurker first time poster.

I was wondering if you awesome folks might be able to clarify stat weights for me. In Simcraft I have ran several tests with 10000 parses each.
    Firstly I ran sims using no buffs, i removed flask/food/pre pot and ran the sim.

3.48int
    2.94SP
    2.27 Hit
    1.71 Haste
    1.53 Crit
    1.47 Mastery
    no consumables/buffs, 85k dps.

Then i ran the sim again fully raid buffed.
    Int 5.29
    SP 4.19
    hit 3.32
    crit 2.27
    Haste 2.18
    Mast 2.17
    113k dps.

So one favors Haste the latter favors Crit. Is this due to being raid buffed i hit a haste breakpoint so crit is strongest?
    Should I be following the fully buffed stat weights when determining gems/enchants/reforging?

Any Information would be much appreciated.
    Trijemma - Blackrock (can't post links yet)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

It really comes down to CD management and Havoc execute in last phase, where a huge portion of your total damage will come from. You should always aim to enter last phase, where all adds are up, with DS/Synapse springs etc up and 3+ embers. With Rain of Fire on all of the mobs, you're swimming in embers and can go to town with Havoc Shadowburn spam.

I pulled 168k DPS, and that was while using 476 Relic and before my Weapon upgrade. We have the worst luck with Weapons and Trinkets this tier in my raid group =(