But from my point of view this looks really wrong
you have about 35% dmg left for
Rain of Fire
i hope the pet should not be included here!
i can only compare this to my playstile and make assumptions since you did not give really much to work with.
1. You picked GoSup this makes your CB and SB hit less hard and appear less much in % values
2. how much SB % did you have? did you unload every ember or did you save up some embers to burn the flaming head down faster?(like i am forced to)
3. RoF uptime? should be up all the time, i guess you had 40-50%, should be 70-80%
4. did you cap on embers? i hope you did not.
5. did you "waste" Backdraft stacks on CB´s? you should not on this boss. you should be able to fire every incinerate with a backdraft here and use CB as kind of a filler.
6. you mentiones the other lock did mor dmg than you... try zum´s megaera thingy (link in his signature) to check the useful dmg, and if he was padding more than you.
7. assuming the other lock did not pad like a retard and he has about the same ilvl, did you play ABC? maybe you have too much downtime between casts.
8. You have neither T14 4pc or T15 2pc. T14 boosts your dmg overall and T15 should gives you about 4-5 CB´s/SB´s on this fight.
9. strange Glyphs? and belt buckle is missing btw (cmon its cheap take this free 160 INT gemslot)
Can someone explain what is happening with the Immolate damage and Havoc? I was looking the logs from my last Magaera kill and i had like 24k dps from Immolate on the frozen head.
The Logs if you want to check: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xveqe2614jy6nz30/analyze/dd/spell/?source=2&s=4616&e=5124&target=20
Then I went to Org and tested on the Dummies and found what looks like some weird 2nd tick on the havoc target from Immolate that comes from nowhere. And this 2nd tick damage goes crazy after a fel flame. Look:
Havoc > Immolate
Havoc > Immolate > Felflame
Sorry about any mistake, my english isn't so good.
Link for reference: http://i.imgur.com/fgdTAQ3.png
So Havoc Immolate is creating an extra invisible dot on the havoc'ed target, that once you refresh it with Fel flame (no need for Havoc Fel Flame, normal FF works too) deals twice the normal dmg of Immolate. Giving basically double ember generation and thrice the dot dmg on that target. Considering that you'll need to refresh it with Fel Flame for ever so that you won't lose it, how much a gain could this bug be - and how long until it's fixed ?
Soloing as a warlock.
First of all, if you were up to exploiting this bug on megaera, which is bad, you should put havoc on the head, your raid aims to kill and cast the original immolate on the "cleave-head".
strange bug. it might put immolate before chaosbolts for havoc usage on cleave fights.
Tonight I'll cast havoc on the main head, too, which will lower my useless damage to maybe 20k dps. That's nice, but nothing dramatic, I suppose..
So on any adds fight we'd want to havoc an immolate onto boss and refresh it just via fel flame rather than ever hardcasting immolate again?
Ghost Immolate ticking for 2x the dmg.. megusta. Something changed around mid-day yesterday, because it wasnt happening in the morning and it started happening at night :/
Last edited by Dumble; 2013-04-14 at 12:58 PM.
checking some top logs on heroic jin-rokh for destro locks and i see rain of fire on their damage. when would/should this be casted during this encounter?
I can confirm this bug with immolate, I'll try and use this tonight on Durumu, Twins and Lei shen, I expect this to be fixed in the next few days though.
If you read the OP of this destruction guide I moved your post to, you'll find the following:
So just make sure to drop it when you know he's not moving out of it and it should be an increase.Rain of Fire is a small DPS increase to use in the single target rotation, assuming that the target will take every tick of the Rain of Fire, one's not already there, and you have nothing more important to cast than an Incinerate. (An incinerate can be more important to cast if, for example, without casting the incinerate your next Chaos Bolt will consume 3 stacks of Backdraft)
shh, this is a trade secret!!
Let's make a pact.. no one must speak of this again!
Let's keep it for as long as possible before Blizzard fix it
erase all posts that mentions it!!
There is something completely broken
I have the same behaviour with Havoc+Immolate. On a funny note, if I the refresh the normal & ghost immolates with Fel flame during the proc of Lei Shen's trinket, the ghost immolate doesn't seem to do damage anymore, but if i then refresh it without the proc it comes back
Android App : World of Quizzcraft
Test your knowledge of WoW with 1400 questions and 101 achievements!
When using the 'ghost' immolate, it also seems that the damage updates dynamically to your procs rather than snapshotting. This is all quite strange
EDIT: nvm, seem to be wrong
Last edited by rables; 2013-04-14 at 03:48 PM.