Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    We just started learning HHoridon this week, but I found that Destro AE knocked the dino back pretty damn often. I spam like a mofo, so cant say for sure what spell, but it seemed like FnBing something would knock the dino back as part of the AE.
    Both FnB conflag and FnB incinerate knock back the pink dino. The part where you actually need to deal with the dino though is phase 2 after the adds r dead. At that point its War God Jalak and then just Horridon. Some people make a macro with curse of the elements and some use their pet during this time to keep the dino from gibbing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Both FnB conflag and FnB incinerate knock back the pink dino. The part where you actually need to deal with the dino though is phase 2 after the adds r dead. At that point its War God Jalak and then just Horridon. Some people make a macro with curse of the elements and some use their pet during this time to keep the dino from gibbing them.
    Using a curse macro is a lot less boss DPS lost than sticking a pet on the dino full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Using a curse macro is a lot less boss DPS lost than sticking a pet on the dino full time.
    Your statement is slightly confusing. I believe you are saying that use the macro is best as sticking our pet on the dino full time is a bigger dps loss.

Plus if you don't keep up micro'ing the pet it will outrange and despawn. Then the dino comes calling AND you have no pet. Just make a coe macro... Especially since destro gets the spell for rock bottom GCD speed for free.

here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced . Wondering if im reforging right. I was looking at the method site lock guides and it listed at lower gear levels that mastery and haste were better than crit and i was told to go heavy into them. So i have a fairly large amount of mastery atm. DPS is is fairly good. 120k on the first boss in tot. (sorry no logs). My question is how much more haste should i be going for? Also is there anything you would change up as far as my reforges go?

Looking to get max return out of my toon. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all, I was curious if anyone in here was able to help me out with a problem. I am slightly confused over when one should reforge for crit/haste vs mastery.
    Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Ahrja/simple
    Any thoughts on my reforging? Correct/Incorrect?
    Any input helps, thank you!
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Deleted
    I second that statement.

as destro /cast [@ focus] curse of the elements
    GG (obviously set as focus first).
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    as destro /cast [@ focus] curse of the elements
    GG (obviously set as focus first).
    As any spec, really...

#showtooltip
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Curse of the Elements
    /targetlasttarget

No focus needed.

Deleted
    0.5 second GCD as destro makes it much stronger for them was the point i think.

I like Woz's version mostly because it allows me to put Horridon on my focus and use an @focus macro for Havoc. Although I must say, randomly during two attempts earlier this week, I started getting this weird Invalid Target error with the macro. Not sure what happened but it wasn't working. I deleted and retyped the macro and it worked again, but I don't see how I could have accidentally altered the macro mid-boss fight. I guess maybe I did something to it before the pull but I don't even remember opening the macro window.

Destro Stat Priority

513 ilvl 2pc T15

Read the guide on the forums here saying the best was Mastery>haste>crit for sup observer but almost everywhere I look has it as Crit>Haste>mastery. I can;t for the life of me understand why crit would be better when mastery is pretty much a flat damage incrase. Also I see many other locks going both ways and I can't seem to get a clear answer, any info would help

Edit: Icyveins and its program mr.robot have it as crit first.
    Last edited by Babywipes; 2013-04-27 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    For single target crit=haste > mastery. Any cleave or opportunity to create more embers promotes mastery.

Both mrRobot and SimCraft front page are showing best possible single target dps on dummy. How many fights in ToT are straight Patchwerks? Though those stats aren't really that far apart so you might as well gear depending what others in your raid comp don't need. For ex. my 10m guild got 2 fire mages, me taking crit pieces would be really selfish prick move slowing gearing and progress. And avoiding crit lets you easily switch to other specs when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    For single target crit=haste > mastery. Any cleave or opportunity to create more embers promotes mastery.
    so you are saying crit and haste are better than mastery ONLY on single target dummy patchwork fights? or am i missing something

Go 10124 haste breakpoint gemming haste intell haste and hit haste and then crit.

In AOE scenarios go full mastery with sacrifice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywipes View Post
    so you are saying crit and haste are better than mastery ONLY on single target dummy patchwork fights? or am i missing something
    yes. iron qon normal, durumu normal, twin consorts normal. rest of the fights favour mastery, even jinrokh (due to stacking embers for them pools and buffing chbolts/shbourns as much as possible).

i go haste=crit>mastery for single target while still using int+mastery gems and mastery>haste>crit for any fight that allows you to cleave and generate more embers from offtargets (magaera, tortoes, horriblon, dark animus etc). i use gosup as default, only switching for sacrifice when at least 50-55% of my dmg comes from ember consumers (i follow brusalk advice on that matter and it has been working pretty well) so thats jinrokh, horridon, primordus.

im talking only about normal modes here, stuff might be different when my casual guild start doing hcs.

I can't see the point of having to reforge or even regem depending on what fight you're on. Is there anyone who have found a golden recipe for having, as close as possible, the best of both worlds?

Mastery=Haste>Crit and do Affliction for single target and Destro /Gosac for Aoe Fights?

Deleted
    Do you need to switch target for that macro. Doesn't @Direhorn Spirit work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Do you need to switch target for that macro. Doesn't @Direhorn Spirit work?
    You can't use hostile unit names like that, only friendly.

The net effect of Woz's macro is identical anyway, you won't see any target switch.