how does it look for destru btw with this recent hotfix ?

i really loathe affli without kjc so i would like to go back to destru
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 10 % increased dmg on incinerate, then 5% incinerate buff (a total 15%) + 15% chance to generate an additional Burning emberbits from conflagrate and incinerate. Would that mean GoSac could probably be the way to go for the lvl 75 talents? Since they was roughly even before some of these buffs Brusalk? I might be wrong here, but it got me thinking about it. Since im not sure you did your testing with the incinerate buffs.

Deleted
    Hi Brusalk!

Just wanted to ask you why you chose Shivarra over Observer according to your logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    Hi Brusalk!

Just wanted to ask you why you chose Shivarra over Observer according to your logs?
    The Shivarra is semi-ranged, therefore movement or low range target switches hurt the pet's damage a lot less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    The Shivarra is semi-ranged, therefore movement or low range target switches hurt the pet's damage a lot less.
    Thank you.

So I guess on the Iron Juggernaut he took Shivarra because the pet gets knocked away too?

This means out of 1000 incinerate casts, 850 casts will not generate the extra ember bits, and 150 incinerate casts will. The same goes for conflagrate though I doubt the number of conflagrates would ever be that high. Using the numbers above and the fact that it takes 10 incinerates that do not crit to build a full ember, there would be a 15 ember increase from incinerate alone. If one were to go haste over the other two stats the problem one would run into would be, that by losing crit the 15% chance wouldn't be a buff at all, due to the fact that incinerate,conflagrate,and immolate criticals are our main generators for ember bits. This lessens the benefits of haste. If the 15% chance on incinerate and conflagrate does anything, it will stabilize the crit/mastery build by giving us additional ember bits on our incinerates and conflagrates that do not crit or build embers at a faster rate if gained on a critical from incinerate/conflagrate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hylleblomst View Post
    With 10 % increased dmg on incinerate, then 5% incinerate buff (a total 15%) + 15% chance to generate an additional Burning emberbits from conflagrate and incinerate. Would that mean GoSac could probably be the way to go for the lvl 75 talents? Since they was roughly even before some of these buffs Brusalk? I might be wrong here, but it got me thinking about it. Since im not sure you did your testing with the incinerate buffs.
    Grim: Sac would only increase dps for single target. In a multi-target fight it would vary by the amount of enemy targets there are. FnB spells do not benefit from Grim: Sac, so you gain no additional dps from Grim: Sac. In a two target fight however, it would be very competitive due to bane of havoc and chaosbolt's ticking dot damage. In order for Grim: Sac to be the number 1 choice chaosbolt would need to undergo another buff when applying it to fights in which there are generally 2-4 targets that are alive for a while.
    Last edited by Smoothmeduso; 2013-09-14 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    This means out of 1000 incinerate casts, 850 casts will not generate the extra ember bits, and 150 incinerate casts will. The same goes for conflagrate though I doubt the number of conflagrates would ever be that high. Using the numbers above and the fact that it takes 10 incinerates that do not crit to build a full ember, there would be a 15 ember increase from incinerate alone. If one were to go haste over the other two stats the problem one would run into would be, that by losing crit the 15% chance wouldn't be a buff at all, due to the fact that incinerate,conflagrate,and immolate criticals are our main generators for ember bits. This lessens the benefits of haste. If the 15% chance on incinerate and conflagrate does anything, it will stabilize the crit/mastery build by giving us additional ember bits on our incinerates and conflagrates that do not crit or build embers at a faster rate if gained on a critical from incinerate/conflagrate.
    Seriously, what the hell ?

And what about 10000 incinerate casts, what are your conclusions ?

Deleted
    its a buff to ember generation that is supposed to help us with maintaining on 4-5 targets which destro has some trouble with, so with this it should be a bit easier to maintain atleast.

Seriously just revert the RoF change...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    Sorry man, your math is just wrong and we don't need 2 sentences explaining what 15% means. I don't understand how you can say we'd get 15 more emberbits from 10 casts. 15% more emberbits means 1.5 more emberbits per 10 incinerates cast, 15 per hundred, and 150 per thousand.

This is a buffed/improved version of the tier 15 4pc bonus.

Why are you trying to complicate a simple buff?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Seriously, what the hell ?

And what about 10000 incinerate casts, what are your conclusions ?
    1500 will benefit from this simply because 15% of 10000 equals this number. This results in 150 embers from incinerates that do not crit. To put it in a standard situation for the boss sha of pride, 177 incinerate casts equal to about 2.655 embers. The log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7667&e=8035 was used for the numbers of incinerates.There are many variables in anyone's rotation so the amount of incinerates can be higher or lower than what is seen on the logs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Sorry man, your math is just wrong and we don't need 2 sentences explaining what 15% means. I don't understand how you can say we'd get 15 more emberbits from 10 casts. 15% more emberbits means 1.5 more emberbits per 10 incinerates cast, 15 per hundred, and 150 per thousand.

This is a buffed/improved version of the tier 15 4pc bonus.

Why are you trying to complicate a simple buff?
    Sorry if it was found complicated to you but i do see that i lost you. You get 15 embers from casting 1000 incinerates. Thought it was clear but apparently it was not. If you reread what was written again you would see that what you have written was exactly what I had stated.
    Guessing below is the confusion sentence?

Using the numbers above and the fact that it takes 10 incinerates that do not crit to build a full ember, there would be a 15 ember increase from incinerate alone. 1000 incinerates= 15 embers, hopefully this clears up the confusion of "using the numbers above".
    Last edited by Smoothmeduso; 2013-09-14 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    1500 will benefit from this simply because 15% of 10000 equals this number. This results in 150 embers from incinerates that do not crit. To put it in a standard situation for the boss sha of pride, 177 incinerate casts equal to about 2.655 embers. The log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7667&e=8035 was used for the numbers of incinerates.There are many variables in anyone's rotation so the amount of incinerates can be higher or lower than what is seen on the logs.
    Ok fair enough, I didn't quite got it at first glance.
    Now what about the buff to conflagrate ? I don't think you can cast 10000 conflagrates in a single fight (even for Incinerates it seems a bit too much), so what about... 2000 conflagrates. How many emberbits would the buff give in your opinion ? And how many full embers ?

This change may stabilize 4-6 target aoe a bit though its miles from getting destro where it needs to be. Especially after the beatdown that the fel flame change is to destro (but can be ignored by demo who is the bigger offender...at least till T16 set bonuses).

Doing a 38 minute trinket gambit sim to see exactly where everything lies for destruction..I'll move on to demo/affli later and post in their respective threads .

Promise it isn't full of viruses <_<. Purified bindings of immerseus has too strong of an interaction with chaos bolt to not be BiS, saw that one coming from last tier.

Destruction Trinket Gambit

All trinkets were run with my normal mode bis double upgraded profile.
    Last edited by gahddo; 2013-09-14 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    So, I just got UVLS (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oathe/advanced), which feels great as Demo, though I still seem to do decent DPS at best (haven't had the chance to test it out in a raid yet though, just LFR). I tried Affliction as well (on a dummy), which seems to do way less DPS than both Destruction and Demo. I hear a lot of people talking about how strong Affliction is - does that only apply to fights with adds, or am I doing something wrong on single target?

Oh, and is the Destro hotfix enough to make it any useful again? Seemed pretty meager.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2013-09-14 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    So, I just got UVLS (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oathe/advanced), which feels great as Demo, though I still seem to do decent DPS at best (haven't had the chance to test it out in a raid yet though, just LFR). I tried Affliction as well (on a dummy), which seems to do way less DPS than both Destruction and Demo. I hear a lot of people talking about how strong Affliction is - does that only apply to fights with adds, or am I doing something wrong on single target?

Oh, and is the Destro hotfix enough to make it any useful again? Seemed pretty meager.
    Affliction is great single target. You're probably not using your Haunt/Buffed Dots/Procs correctly. Affliction is all about snapshotting really powerful dots and keeping haunt up when those are up. Destro is decent at AOE, mediocre to poor at single target.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Doing a 38 minute trinket gambit sim to see exactly where everything lies for destruction..I'll move on to demo/affli later and post in their respective threads .

Promise it isn't full of viruses <_<. Purified bindings of immerseus has too strong of an interaction with chaos bolt to not be BiS, saw that one coming from last tier.

Destruction Trinket Gambit
    Nothing super surprising to me in there. I think Wush may be overvalued in actual situations because it's freakishly hard to actually get off 2 buffed chaos bolts with 1 stack per second and a 10 second duration in actual fights.

Also, I'm assuming that these numbers are only using one trinket correct? I think UVLS + Bindings may bring UVLS up based on some of the simple raid testing I've been doing.

Couldn't care less about uvls because it'd be at most under 1% above other trinket combos and unerring sucks donky nuts to actually play with <_<. Let's say it procs during a high movement phase like p3 whirling doom crap on garrosh, you can't cast anything but fel flame/incinerate/conflag, the value of the trinket in snapshotting either an immolate for embers or a chaos bolt for damages is all but lost. Much easier to get at least some gain out of a wushoolay proc non-optimally then to completely waste an unerring because of the EXTREMELY small window. 10 > 4 z-z.
    Last edited by gahddo; 2013-09-14 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Couldn't care less about uvls because it'd be at most under 1% above other trinket combos and unerring sucks donky nuts to actually play with <_<. Let's say it procs during a high movement phase like p3 whirling doom crap on garrosh, you can't cast anything but fel flame/incinerate/conflag, the value of the trinket in snapshotting either an immolate for embers or a chaos bolt for damages is all but lost. Much easier to get at least some gain out of a wushoolay proc non-optimally then to completely waste an unerring because of the EXTREMELY small window. 10 > 4 z-z.
    I dunno. I've been having a lot of success using my UVLS + Flex Bindings, compared to when I tried Wush + Bindings. It seems to proc a LOT and it always seems to proc right when I'm casting Chaos Bolts or about to cast an AoE Immo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Nothing super surprising to me in there. I think Wush may be overvalued in actual situations because it's freakishly hard to actually get off 2 buffed chaos bolts with 1 stack per second and a 10 second duration in actual fights.
    What do you mean exactly? To get exactly a cast to go off at 8 stacks and the next at 10? I find it easier to do that actually than to always get a uvls cb. I often need to decide if i need to stop my incin cast and go into cb or finish and risk not getting cb off in time. With wush you can at least see it coming and plan your rotations for the first 5s of the buff. Makes me want to reforge more to haste actually when I use uvls. Perhaps I just am a slower thinker than you, but a 4s window out of nowhere is mich more difficult to take advantage of than the last 5s of a 10s buff. Of course, there was a time when I was running uvls and wush together... That can get some pretty crazy big results.