1. #2041
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    Affliction is great single target. You're probably not using your Haunt/Buffed Dots/Procs correctly. Affliction is all about snapshotting really powerful dots and keeping haunt up when those are up. Destro is decent at AOE, mediocre to poor at single target.
    Well, the thing is that even with UVLS procced and Dark Soul + Haunt up, I don't do much over 100k DPS (on a dummy), which I find odd. I guess I'll try it out some more.

    EDIT: About UVLS vs Wushoolay's for Destro.. Surely it's not even a competition, given the damage bonus Wushoolay's gives during the time it's ramping up, not to mention the fact that Wushoolay's procs twice as much?
    Last edited by Captain Asshat; 2013-09-14 at 11:37 PM.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  2. #2042
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Well, the thing is that even with UVLS procced and Dark Soul + Haunt up, I don't do much over 100k DPS (on a dummy), which I find odd. I guess I'll try it out some more.
    Maybe you should refrehs your dots during this period.

  3. #2043
    If you don't mind me asking @Brusalk, how was your dps so high (on par with affli and demo!) on Fallen Protectors?

  4. #2044
    Quote Originally Posted by Delequoi View Post
    If you don't mind me asking @Brusalk, how was your dps so high (on par with affli and demo!) on Fallen Protectors?
    Professional Secret!

  5. #2045
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Professional Secret!
    Dem snipes!

  6. #2046
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Dem snipes!
    Don't get embers from the adds on that fight :/

  7. #2047
    Quote Originally Posted by Delequoi View Post
    Don't get embers from the adds on that fight :/
    You sure? Pretty sure you get 4 shards as Aff, and I think they follow the same rules. I may just be cray cray though.

  8. #2048
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    You sure? Pretty sure you get 4 shards as Aff, and I think they follow the same rules. I may just be cray cray though.
    All the adds on that fight don't technically die, they just hit 1 health and get purified or whatever. :/

  9. #2049
    Just asking because I did decently on most of the other fights (Rank #1 thok 8D) but was really low on protectors (205k) and wondering what I did wrong

  10. #2050
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,029
    Probably just need to stack everything up and zerg. Rain of fire down on 3+ targets the whole time?



    Youtube and Kill Videos
    Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

  11. #2051
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    All the adds on that fight don't technically die, they just hit 1 health and get purified or whatever. :/
    Well then.

    I've officially lost my mind.

  12. #2052
    Mastery >= Crit >> Haste. This is the best reforging setup I've found.

    In Mr. Robot I put this stat weights... make sense?

    Intellect 5.4
    Spell Hit(to 15%) 4.8
    Spell Power 4.3
    Mastery 3.15
    Crit 3
    Haste 2.75
    PvP Power 0
    PvP Resilience 0
    Stamina 0

  13. #2053
    Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Doing a 38 minute trinket gambit sim to see exactly where everything lies for destruction..I'll move on to demo/affli later and post in their respective threads .

    Promise it isn't full of viruses <_<. Purified bindings of immerseus has too strong of an interaction with chaos bolt to not be BiS, saw that one coming from last tier.

    Destruction Trinket Gambit

    All trinkets were run with my normal mode bis double upgraded profile.
    Which Grim were these run with? I feel like KTT would be much better with Sac than with any other talent set up. Not only that, but I feel a Sac/KTT build might edge out a Sup/BBoY build, especially in an Multi-Target/AoE situation, which is more or less Destro's niche anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    What do you mean exactly? To get exactly a cast to go off at 8 stacks and the next at 10? I find it easier to do that actually than to always get a uvls cb. I often need to decide if i need to stop my incin cast and go into cb or finish and risk not getting cb off in time. With wush you can at least see it coming and plan your rotations for the first 5s of the buff. Makes me want to reforge more to haste actually when I use uvls. Perhaps I just am a slower thinker than you, but a 4s window out of nowhere is mich more difficult to take advantage of than the last 5s of a 10s buff. Of course, there was a time when I was running uvls and wush together... That can get some pretty crazy big results.
    Your problem is that you're using the proc incorrectly. The goal is not to get off a CB (which, by the way, will NOT be 100% stronger), but rather to refresh Immolate on 1-2 targets (or use FnB Immolate depending on how many there are, and how many times it will tick). The embers gained from the Immolate crits will FAR outweigh the extra damage provided by that one CB.

  14. #2054
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    750
    I notice on the armories on lots of the top parsing destro locks that they all are running with LOW haste. How much haste should i look to run with? Right now after looking over Bruslaks profile i reforged down to 3500 haste. Now with 545 ilvl i have 111% mastery and 32% crit raid buffed and around 13% haste with buffs. Anything i should look at changing?

  15. #2055
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I notice on the armories on lots of the top parsing destro locks that they all are running with LOW haste. How much haste should i look to run with? Right now after looking over Bruslaks profile i reforged down to 3500 haste. Now with 545 ilvl i have 111% mastery and 32% crit raid buffed and around 13% haste with buffs. Anything i should look at changing?
    I think you're spot on. Unfortunately for me I can't get below 11k haste so I'm kinda screwed.



    Youtube and Kill Videos
    Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

  16. #2056
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I notice on the armories on lots of the top parsing destro locks that they all are running with LOW haste. How much haste should i look to run with? Right now after looking over Bruslaks profile i reforged down to 3500 haste. Now with 545 ilvl i have 111% mastery and 32% crit raid buffed and around 13% haste with buffs. Anything i should look at changing?
    Haste is our lowest priority stat so as long as you're reforged out of as much as possible I see no issue.

  17. #2057
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Haste is our lowest priority stat so as long as you're reforged out of as much as possible I see no issue.
    I can get even lower. Had it at 2600 or so before i looked at Brusalks armory and decided to match it since he was getting some great numbers. So my question is. DO I go lower than 3500 if i can? Don't want to screw anything up if i can help it. Would net me .45 more mastery, 1.64% crit, and I am also using the burning primal diamond meta instead of the legendary.
    Last edited by xuros; 2013-09-16 at 04:01 PM.

  18. #2058
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I can get even lower. Had it at 2600 or so before i looked at Brusalks armory and decided to match it since he was getting some great numbers. So my question is. DO I go lower than 3500 if i can? Don't want to screw anything up if i can help it. Would net me .45 more mastery, 1.64% crit, and I am also using the burning primal diamond meta instead of the legendary.
    Go lower if possible. I only have that much haste because that's as little as I can get.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikami- View Post
    In Mr. Robot I put this stat weights... make sense?

    Intellect 5.4
    Spell Hit(to 15%) 4.8
    Spell Power 4.3
    Mastery 3.15
    Crit 3
    Haste 2.75
    PvP Power 0
    PvP Resilience 0
    Stamina 0
    Did you pull these from your simc scale factors?

    When I have a general reforging priority like Mastery >= Crit >> Haste I'll do something like:

    Int: 10
    Hit: 8
    Mastery: 6
    Crit: 5
    Haste: 3

    Assuming that 2 Mastery is worth more than 1 Int.

  19. #2059
    I am in need of some advice. I have ilvl of 517 but when I'm on a practice dummie I'm only doing about 70-75k dps. In raids, recount show's I'm doing about 10-115k dps. I'm not sure why, but this is a little frustrating because of the low dps on a dummie, no one will allow me to raid with them in flex raids now or even ToT 10m runs (which is disappointing because I need some new gear). I would be happy to provide you in a pm with my realm and toons name as well as a screen shot of recount in a raid, rotation bar, and dps on a dummie. Any help on these matters is greatly appreciated.

    Also great guide. Well done!

  20. #2060
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Go lower if possible. I only have that much haste because that's as little as I can get.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Did you pull these from your simc scale factors?

    When I have a general reforging priority like Mastery >= Crit >> Haste I'll do something like:

    Int: 10
    Hit: 8
    Mastery: 6
    Crit: 5
    Haste: 3

    Assuming that 2 Mastery is worth more than 1 Int.

    No, I only took one of the two custom weights available in Mr. Robot and I turn down the haste weight at 2.75 (from 2.85)... I was trying to represent the ">>" symbol, but I wasn't convinced :-)

    I only needed understand the ratio of "Mastery >= Crit >> Haste" with some numbers.

    Thanks for your answer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •