1. #2121
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    One of em has 16% haste. That is the one who is using rain of fire a ton. He also has a haste trinket but he doesn't seem to line up RoF for it.
    Then it sounds like a skill difference between the two.

    Regardless, neither should be stacking Haste.

  2. #2122
    do you think that 535 Yu'lon's Bite trinket is good for destro? i can choose from LFR UVLS, Wushoolay's Final Choice and 496 Yu'lon's Bite. Reason why am I asking this - should i use 50k timeless coins on that trinket or flip them via chests for burdens and try my luck with getting more 535 gear.

    PS: i can raid in LFR only (with small chance for flex)
    thx for your help

  3. #2123
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Then it sounds like a skill difference between the two.

    Regardless, neither should be stacking Haste.
    So if playing as aff 2nd spec than haste should be at the breakpoint nearer 13737 and later on mastery crit?

  4. #2124
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    So if playing as aff 2nd spec than haste should be at the breakpoint nearer 13737 and later on mastery crit?
    Think you want the break point of 9770 (around there) then full mastery until higher ilevels near the 450range.

  5. #2125
    hmmm Mastery >= Crit >> Haste you say.. but why is Simcraft always tellign me Haste>Mastery>>Crit?! does it still use RoF or sth?
    Last edited by Selaiah; 2013-09-20 at 09:55 AM.

  6. #2126
    How valuable are the new tier bonuses for destro? Is it worth dropping t15 2pc for t16 2pc?

  7. #2127

    5.4 Updates Still Coming?

    Hi Brusalk,

    Thanks a ton for the work on Destruction, the guide is much appreciated. I was just wondering though, if you're still working on getting it updated with 5.4 information and if so, whether or not you have an idea of when?

    Please let me know, thanks =)

  8. #2128
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathia View Post
    Hi Brusalk,

    Thanks a ton for the work on Destruction, the guide is much appreciated. I was just wondering though, if you're still working on getting it updated with 5.4 information and if so, whether or not you have an idea of when?

    Please let me know, thanks =)
    If you understand 5.3 mechanics then the 5.4 TL;DR should tell you everything you need to know.

    If not you could get a sense of 5.3 mechanics from the guide, then read the 5.4 TL;DR to get a sense of the changes.


    It's coming, but with Heroic progression this week, on top of work and getting ready for college starting up again I have very little free time. I hope to get it updated this weekend though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Baly View Post
    do you think that 535 Yu'lon's Bite trinket is good for destro? i can choose from LFR UVLS, Wushoolay's Final Choice and 496 Yu'lon's Bite. Reason why am I asking this - should i use 50k timeless coins on that trinket or flip them via chests for burdens and try my luck with getting more 535 gear.

    PS: i can raid in LFR only (with small chance for flex)
    thx for your help
    I can't help you here yet as I'm not clear on trinkets yet (I hope to be this weekend)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    So if playing as aff 2nd spec than haste should be at the breakpoint nearer 13737 and later on mastery crit?
    I found the 9700 one easier to reach without sacrificing too much Mastery for your Destro spec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    hmmm Mastery >= Crit >> Haste you say.. but why is Simcraft always tellign me Haste>Mastery>>Crit?! does it still use RoF or sth?
    I'm not sure. I'll have to take a look at what simc has as it's default profile for imported characters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    How valuable are the new tier bonuses for destro? Is it worth dropping t15 2pc for t16 2pc?
    Not sure yet, though I'm pretty sure we'll want T16 4PC.

  9. #2129
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,552
    Simcraft needs to be updated badly. For one still using RoF in rotation and two in opening rotation simcraft tries to pop DS back to back with AMV talent vs cycling during procs, full embers, etc
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  10. #2130
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    958
    You guys using the Havoc glyph? With a one minute cool down, is it worth it? Looks like it maybe good on protectors to get off 6 shadow burns with procs rolling.

  11. #2131
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    You guys using the Havoc glyph? With a one minute cool down, is it worth it? Looks like it maybe good on protectors to get off 6 shadow burns with procs rolling.
    most you would be able to get is 4-5 depending if your immolations/RoF generating enough embers. It is quite good to do heavy burst with 2x CB especially if it needs to be done quick you can combo with 2 conflags before bane cast.
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  12. #2132
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    You guys using the Havoc glyph? With a one minute cool down, is it worth it? Looks like it maybe good on protectors to get off 6 shadow burns with procs rolling.
    It'd have to be a very specific situation where you wouldn't be able to use the Havoc CD normally. Without the glyph you can get 2 Havoc casts per 50 seconds. With the glyph it's 2 Havoc casts per 60 seconds (effectively).

    I can't readily think of a fight where'd I'd be inclined to use it over other options.

  13. #2133
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It'd have to be a very specific situation where you wouldn't be able to use the Havoc CD normally. Without the glyph you can get 2 Havoc casts per 50 seconds. With the glyph it's 2 Havoc casts per 60 seconds (effectively).

    I can't readily think of a fight where'd I'd be inclined to use it over other options.
    Sha of pride for sure to kill the big add or to use 6 SBs when finishing off the small adds, since both are a 1 min thing.
    Posibbly Galakras to kill General + Demolisher.
    Dark Shamans since maybe getting off 2 DS + Bindings (assuming you have them & are sync'ing) would be worth the lost of CB/min.
    Not sure about Nazgrim timers, but worth looking into imo.

  14. #2134
    The optimal rotation involves only using Incinerate under Backdraft or Hero/Haste Procs. Fill with Fel Flame otherwise.
    Is this still true after the Fel Flame mana cost increase?

  15. #2135
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Is this still true after the Fel Flame mana cost increase?
    No. I apparently forgot to update the main page. My bad. I'll go do that right now.

  16. #2136
    What's the actual target cap where RoF will generate enough embers to sustain Conflag/Incinerate without accounting for extra ember bits procs?

  17. #2137

    Stat priority for destruction, 5.4?

    So, what is the stat prio for Destruction in 5.4? Let's say at my ilvl (532) and above?
    What are u guys running?

  18. #2138
    Mastery > Crit > Haste for destruction

  19. #2139
    The Patient Ogawdspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    324
    I am pretty sure it is actually Mastery >= Haste > Crit

    Don't bother getting haste past 9774
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

  20. #2140
    High Overlord Perne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    113
    Most of the fights in SoO have some type of AoE or cleave mechanic, which would favor Mastery>Crit>Haste. That's the stat priority I run, and I don't aim for any kind of haste breakpoint. That being said, I tried the Mastery>=Haste>Crit way, and found better results with the previously mention priority. I also typically run GoSac as I end up losing dps when my pet has to target switch, even when using the Imp. These are just my personal results, so take them with a grain of salt.

    Since you don't mention what kind of endgame you're doing (raiding, PVP, casual rare farming, etc) I only assume that you're raiding the latest tier. To make the most of the Mastery>Crit>Haste build, you should be add cleaving and Havoc SBurn sniping as much as possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •