10+ Year Old Account
    i seen this today and i think it hits the nail right on the head lol http://imgur.com/JqAAlWW

but on a side note the buffs to destro are quite nice. and ill prolly play destro on alot of the fights tonight since doing LFR as demo earlier to see how bad the nerf was and i noticed roughly 17+k decrease in dps ..sad day for demo prolly my fav lock spec and now its pretty much in the dirt.

I assume Grimoire of Supremacy is still the way to go right?

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    I'd imagine with going with next to no haste we would be going sac. Could be wrong.

Hey guys,

I have a question. Keep in mind my iLVL is quite low as we have been just getting back from a very long summer break and I am still lacking the Cloak. Using both the new Simcraft 5.40-2 default APL and the one Brusalk posted a couple of pages ago I get the following "counter-intuitive" results:

Destro Sims higher than all 3 specs using the following parameters:

I am currently reforged/gemmed for the 9778 Haste BP for Affliction.
    And using the Legendary Meta Gem.

Talents for each spec are:
    Affliction - Suprem/AD
    Demo - Serv/AD
    Destro - Suprem/KJC

The results I get are:
    Destro - NT-Wush (2/2) FBindings (2/2) - 141K DPS - Haste > Master >= Crit
    Affliction - NT-Wush (2/2) NBotH (2/2) - 134K DPS - Mastery >= Haste >> Crit
    Demo - NT-Wush (2/2) NBotH (2/2) - 126K DPS - Master = Crit > Haste

My questions are:
    1. Why does haste come up as the best stat for Destro? Is it my low iLVL gear?
    2. If I want to run an Affliction/Destro setup would re-gemming all slots to Mastery yield better results for Destro (despite the sims) and how much of a loss would it be for affliction? Regemming would result in a net loss of haste at the 2-2.3K ballpark.

(Also please feel free to add any mistakes you may see in my char )

My armory is:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dicus/advanced

On a side note which is not really Destro related would a Crit = Mastery > Haste priority be viable for a Demo/Destro setup?
    Last edited by Lionor; 2013-09-25 at 08:54 AM.

Sims are still using haste > mastery/crit . Due to all the changes we have had since the release of 5.4, i wouldnt count on any sims being accurate for a few weeks.

First off I wanted to thank Brusalk for the ongoing efforts in representing Destro.

By leaning towards heavier mastery and maintaining some level of crit while generally dumping haste I have found overall general improvement with Destro. I swapped out my headpiece for a timeless piece recently and put in a normal Meta with again further gain overall.

Having said all that after killing Ordos a few times (stingy bas^%$ wont give me his loots) I have definitely noted in a fight like this style, the loss of haste is a drop in dps. I don't have all of the exact information handy but on the first 2 kills I was still heavy haste and using the Legendary meta, both kills yielded close to under/over 200k dps, my most recent attempt in my current setup dropped down to about 186k. Of course RnG and potential mess ups on my part can of course be the actual issue but I have seen this be the case even just killing mobs on the Isle where that haste proc on a single target + improved haste seems to remain more potent for pure single target.

Ultimately most fights in SoO are not going to be a single target style which is why I am seeing this build as a general improvement.

I am definitely seeing Destro as being ...clunky on certain fights and was starting to work on Demo, I really only have a couple of spare pieces of gear that I can swap into for demo but I am assuming my best bet is to reforge all crit to haste and swap into my helm with the legendary meta?

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    is UVLS still good after 40% nerf or did that put other trinkets ahead now

Deleted
    Trying to figure out the optimal opener for destro with 2-set T16 atm(without 2-set from t15. With bindings+wusho i need to generate up to 2 full embers and cast 2xCB's during first 10second. For now i have got it to something like : Pot+DS, pre-cast immo, 2xconf, 3xinci and then 2xCB's. the thing is though that if none of them crits...it's gonna be 1-2 emberbit short from the 2nd CB. Also the timer for that is tight so you would need to save DG for last 20% hp or cast it with DS+pot or after the 10s has gone. Idea's anyone?

*Edit: with legendary meta it should be possible but without it will still insanely tight to get that 2nd CB before Wusho proc ends
    Last edited by mmoc97653df2ee; 2013-09-25 at 04:47 PM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced feels so wrong having so little haste. BUT i got my first ranking on Sha of pride last night so i guess something is going right. How low is too low when it comes to haste? I find im having trouble casting enough chaos bolts with trinket procs. Also need to shed some of this damn hit......

I was wondering if we've come to a decision as to what a solid opener is for destro?

I saw a couple posts back about pre pot, dark soul, immolate, conflag, incin x 1, then try to fit in two chaos bolts before wush falls off?

What is everyone doing for dark shamans? I imagine manno fury is king on this fight for opener as well as slime spawns. Is it safe to say that havoc glyph is amazing for this fight/others?

Also didn't know what method everyone was using to keep immolate up on both bosses. Thanks for any information.
    Last edited by t3kneek; 2013-09-25 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    Use whatever fight mechanics dictate as the best choice. The DPS difference is negligible.

Regarding the opener:

I still have the benefit of the previous tier 2 pc.

On the pull it makes it much easier to get two Chaosbolts off during proc heaven.

I'm going to miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Regarding the opener:

I still have the benefit of the previous tier 2 pc.

On the pull it makes it much easier to get two Chaosbolts off during proc heaven.

I'm going to miss it.
    eh t14 rotation gave us 2 it was tight but doable. 2pc 2pc really gives us 3 so that's the only difference for now. but overall 4pc is going to be sexy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    eh t14 rotation gave us 2 it was tight but doable. 2pc 2pc really gives us 3 so that's the only difference for now. but overall 4pc is going to be sexy
    You can't get from the pull with 2-set t15 within 10s up to 24emberbits and cast 3xchaosbolts in that time( maybe with insane luck with crits and BL+meta haste proc). T14 has the identical situation as T16 regarding to opener.

Destruction and Haste - is there an 'ideal'?

Okay, so we're more or less concluding that Haste is bad for Destro due to the fact that Crit and Mastery provide much more consistent DPS gains, largely due to the Conflag haste buff.

However, what I'm wondering is... is there an 'ideal' spot to aim for with haste so that with the legendary meta proc or with backdraft & heroism/bloodlust that we aren't going to be clipping GCDs?

As I understand it, atm apparently Simcraft is broken so I'm really struggling to find an ideal for my gear.
    I've reforged most of my haste out so I'm down to about 2k Haste, which feels a little sluggish, hence my question now.

In a nutshell - I get Haste is not great for Destruction, but is there a minimum haste %age or rating we should try maintain?

Deleted
    There is an additional Immolate tick at 2021 rating, if I remember correctly. Apart from that you can go pretty low.

Stat weights - suggestions/criticism

First off I just wanted to say thanks to Brusalk and all the others that have been contributing to this thread for quite a while. I've only been playing WOW for about 4 months now so this is all very informative.....especially with these changes not long after I thought I was getting really used to destro.

I just have a quick question. I am currently using MR Robots multi target build which uses mastery>crit>haste. I just wanted to know if anyone see's any issues with my current build/weigths that are set there. I know that haste is supposed to be pretty much useless, but I can notice it's not there and I've just been a little concerned.

Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated

Mr. Robot:
    US Server: Area 52
    Name: Morgannus
    (sorry i havent posted here enought to put links in threads yet)

thanks in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by steelstorm View Post
    First off I just wanted to say thanks to Brusalk and all the others that have been contributing to this thread for quite a while. I've only been playing WOW for about 4 months now so this is all very informative.....especially with these changes not long after I thought I was getting really used to destro.

I just have a quick question. I am currently using MR Robots multi target build which uses mastery>crit>haste. I just wanted to know if anyone see's any issues with my current build/weigths that are set there. I know that haste is supposed to be pretty much useless, but I can notice it's not there and I've just been a little concerned.

Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated

Mr. Robot:
    US Server: Area 52
    Name: Morgannus
    (sorry i havent posted here enought to put links in threads yet)

thanks in advance,
    Welcome to the game! Those stat weights are fine for reforging/gemming purposes. Haste isn't "worthless" . . . that's just a term that gets overused among min/maxers. It's just worth less (pun intended!) than Mastery or Crit on a per point basis.

Your gear looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Welcome to the game! Those stat weights are fine for reforging/gemming purposes. Haste isn't "worthless" . . . that's just a term that gets overused among min/maxers. It's just worth less (pun intended!) than Mastery or Crit on a per point basis.

Your gear looks good to me.
    Thank you! It's definitely a blast....not sure how much of a fan I am of this Timeless Isle and gearing so easy for people (esepcially after I just got done busting my butt for TOT gear right before 5.4) but that's a different topic.

I get ya on the haste part now, I was just wondering if maybe I was too low but your explanation makes me feel better. Thanks again for taking the time to look up my toon, I'll def be keeping my eye on this thread for a while...you can never stop learning)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Use whatever fight mechanics dictate as the best choice. The DPS difference is negligible.
    Being a scrub who too often forgets to switch my pet's target (more than once a raidweek is too much), I'm sticking with Sac. Well, being a scrub and also because there are so many fights where you can havoc/shadowburn like a beast, I figure the heavy mastery then crit build works strong with Sac.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.