1. #2281
    I guess so... I flipped from Demon to Destru and was told my gems etc is fine.
    Im 25% crit and 70% mastery

  2. #2282
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    1,001
    From what im reading here we should try to avoid haste and go more towards mastery and crit. Simmed with the new simcraft version and it has haste as my highest secondary stat. 6.97 int, 3.77 crit, 4.03 haste, and 3.40 mastery.

    Unbuffed my secondaries are Mastery @ 105.25%, Crit @ 31.70%, and Haste @ 4.96% which is as low as i can go.

    Should I get a bit more haste or stick to how im doing it now with mast~=crit>haste?

  3. #2283
    Somewhat off-topic but I found it interesting. Went GoSac/sac pact destruction last night and sacked the voidwalker. When I popped the extra health voidwalker CD I was at 1.15 million HPs (557ilvl). I have to say its fun having a bigger health pool than the tanks.

  4. #2284
    When I play destro (dropped demo and UVLS after some post nerf testing) as my offspec I use BBoY (norm 2/2) + flex KTT (2/2). Though in hindsight should have used norm 0/2 cleave trinket for spoils. My other options are 543 yulon bite, 543 chanye, or the now defunct 543 UVLS. I know the RPPM listed is 1.10 for hydra and .92 for KTT but I swear on a stack of whatever ye like I see more KTT procs by more than a little. (got weak auras tracking them) Overall my luck w' trinkets seems to be holding. Was using a DMCV on hspine, shado pan offensive on ra den, etc...

    @Hatelocker....yeah I did the same thing and got crap from the tanks about it. That said, using the HP increase + HS/ember tap/coil is a ton of healing. Problem is if you need that kind of healing everyone else is usually dead. 900K static HP and 1.2xM gets you funny looks...

  5. #2285
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,360
    Just a question here about Simcraft and Destro. I plugged my character into Simcraft and it favored Mastery, so I went with a full Mastery build, and then re-simmed my character, and Simcraft favored Haste.

    What's up with that?

  6. #2286
    I notice on various sources that nobody is listing LFR Black Blood, is that version of the trinket really that horrible? Or is it just slipping people's minds on trinket lists.

  7. #2287
    The Patient Extremity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    266
    My Warlock is my third 90 and I'm not in the best gear (about ilvl 515) at the moment, but I still try to min/max as best I can while waiting to gear up.

    I've been reading this thread for a few hours and can't tell if he updated his "rotation changes post-5.4" yet or if he still states we should use Fel Flame as filler with no backdraft stacks up.

    If this is still the case, is anybody else having mana issues? Most of the time I only need one or two to fill the gap until my next Conflag, but with its' absurd mana cost I have absolutely found times where I don't have the mana to cast another Fel Flame when I need 3+ in a row to fill the gap that I would normally fill with a non-backdraft Incin or by dropping a RoF. I usually just used RoF not rotationally, but as filler (like in the situation I just mentioned).

    I feel like I must be missing something here as I haven't seen many (if any) people complain about mana issues while using FF filler. Any input?

  8. #2288
    You use Incinerate now, and if you have to move without KJC, you use Rain of Fire. Fel Flame is no longer an option precisely for the mana reasons you stated.

  9. #2289
    Lou, LFR black blood isn't available yet as LFR has no unlocked to garrosh.

    Muto, play around w' some haste vs xxx (where x = crit OR mastery) reforge plots. Its not uncommon for listed scaling values to wobble but its understanding them on a larger scale that matters. You can change all that in the coding (just substitude "crit" or "mastery" where it lists gems/reforges/enchants/etc) You shouldn't spend gold on redoing your itemization until you are confident of the results.

  10. #2290
    The Patient Tuzantar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    219
    I gem full mastery on destro because that way i only have to reforge when i switch to affliction.

  11. #2291
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    My Warlock is my third 90 and I'm not in the best gear (about ilvl 515) at the moment, but I still try to min/max as best I can while waiting to gear up.

    I've been reading this thread for a few hours and can't tell if he updated his "rotation changes post-5.4" yet or if he still states we should use Fel Flame as filler with no backdraft stacks up.

    If this is still the case, is anybody else having mana issues? Most of the time I only need one or two to fill the gap until my next Conflag, but with its' absurd mana cost I have absolutely found times where I don't have the mana to cast another Fel Flame when I need 3+ in a row to fill the gap that I would normally fill with a non-backdraft Incin or by dropping a RoF. I usually just used RoF not rotationally, but as filler (like in the situation I just mentioned).

    I feel like I must be missing something here as I haven't seen many (if any) people complain about mana issues while using FF filler. Any input?
    Don't use FF as a filler. i guess I need to make that section more clear.

  12. #2292
    Hey brusalk, do you usually to get off 2 chaos bolts during 10 sec int procs? I'm actually starting to like destro, just noticed if u time ur chaos bolts correctly destro can by pass aff by quite a bit in dps

  13. #2293

    Tips on how to improve dps? Destro lock.

    Heyo! So first off, i am by no means disappointed by my dps. I think i do a decent amount of dps for being my 3rd alt, but there's no point for me to not be better

    I'm playing Destro spec using sacrifice. Reforging goes like this Mastery>crit>>haste.

    I tried using Mr.Robot but i probablyy set my stat weights wrong cause it wanted me to go mastery gems and lose int socket bonuses. I've barely got any experience at all with Mr.Robot so not really sure how it works.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zeboy/advanced
    That's my character. Please judge me and let me know if you've got any tips on how to improve my dps, by editing my stats

    I moved your post to the Destruction sticky, as the question will more likely get answered there. It's that thread we intend for that kind of discussion, so please check if the question can be posted in any of the respective spec stickies before posting next time. :-)

    - Alarinth
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-09-27 at 10:19 PM.

  14. #2294
    Out of curiosity, couldnt you use the hit/mast gems on those blue sockets to pick up another 240int? I could be wrong, i just thoguht i saw a few pieces that didnt have hit reforged

  15. #2295
    Any idea what i should put my stat weights on in Mr.Robot to let it show me exactly what gems to use in order to max?

    Atm i got:
    Spellhit - 9
    Intellect - 8.9
    mastery - 6
    crit - 5
    spell power - 4.3
    haste - 2

    As i said i'm a complete newb when it comes to Mr.Robot so those weights may be totally wrong.

  16. #2296
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Just a question here about Simcraft and Destro. I plugged my character into Simcraft and it favored Mastery, so I went with a full Mastery build, and then re-simmed my character, and Simcraft favored Haste.

    What's up with that?
    Look at the plots and see how much Mastery you need before Haste becomes better again :P.
    You can have a situation like:
    14000 haste
    12000 mastery
    But mastery could only be better till you get let's say 13000 haste and 13000 mastery... and after that so you have to stay at 13000 haste and add mastery after.
    If you went for 9000 haste 17000 mastery, of course haste will be better till you get back to 13000 haste.

    THE NUMBERS ARE FICTIONAL, JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA!

    Real life example: If you have 9777 haste as Affliction, simcraft will tell you haste is better than mastery. You actually only need 1 point of haste to get the 9778 haste breakpoint and after that mastery will be better so going all out and reforging/gemming mastery would be silly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    Hey brusalk, do you usually to get off 2 chaos bolts during 10 sec int procs? I'm actually starting to like destro, just noticed if u time ur chaos bolts correctly destro can by pass aff by quite a bit in dps
    I'd say you should get at least 3. With DS and t15 2p you should get 4 without much trouble. Most of the fight you should hover at around 3.5 embers so when an int proc comes, you have 3 CB's ready to fire in a 10 second window. I'm at 9800 haste and not in a raid group and my CB cast time is 2.43sec. That would leave ~2.5 seconds to move and still get 3 CB's with the int proc.

    Worst case scenario: You are at 3.5 embers, you cast 1 CB and right after it goes off your 10 sec int proc comes up so you are at 2.5 embers and the first CB did not benefit from it. You use 2 CB"s and you have 5 seconds left to generate half an ember and cast another CB... and that's easy so you get 3.

    Best case scenario: You are at 3.5 embers, you cast 1 CB and int procs comes up right before you finish the cast. This CB will have the Int proc (since CB damage is calculated the second the cast is finished not started) and you will have 2.5 embers. You cast 2 more CB's and have 5 seconds to generate 0.5 embers and cast another CB... this way you got 4 CB's with a 10 second int proc.


    I'd say 3 CB's in a 10 seconds int proc is kind of the average you should aim for... that if you didn't have another int proc before that didn't leave you time to get back to your 3.5 embers hovering point.

  17. #2297
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Look at the plots and see how much Mastery you need before Haste becomes better again :P.
    You can have a situation like:
    14000 haste
    12000 mastery
    But mastery could only be better till you get let's say 13000 haste and 13000 mastery... and after that so you have to stay at 13000 haste and add mastery after.
    If you went for 9000 haste 17000 mastery, of course haste will be better till you get back to 13000 haste.

    THE NUMBERS ARE FICTIONAL, JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA!

    Real life example: If you have 9777 haste as Affliction, simcraft will tell you haste is better than mastery. You actually only need 1 point of haste to get the 9778 haste breakpoint and after that mastery will be better so going all out and reforging/gemming mastery would be silly.
    You're mixing two different things here: haste breakpoints - as in, points which add additional tick to your dot while resetting its duration to maximum(+), thus lowering the amount of casts needed to reach the same uptime, and relativity of stat weights, which means that every time you gain stat x, stats y and z gain worth relative to x. Thats why reforge plots are awesome, and stuff like "mastery > haste > crit" isn't really that precise, proportions(2:1:1 for example) would probably be better, but as it's all simmed on non-existing patchwerk fight or some constant cleave/aoe variation that doesn't exists either it matters less.
    Last edited by whi; 2013-09-27 at 09:39 PM. Reason: ;) has such a terrible icon here

  18. #2298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Any idea what i should put my stat weights on in Mr.Robot to let it show me exactly what gems to use in order to max?
    According to the latest version of SimulationCraft (there has been some discussion that the results from the latest build may be inaccurate, see "New SimCraft version is out" in this forum), your stat weights should be as follows:

    Int: 6.16
    SP: 4.89
    Hit: 4.76
    Crit: 3.16
    Haste: 2.92
    Mastery: 3.30

  19. #2299
    Quote Originally Posted by whi View Post
    You're mixing two different things here: haste breakpoints - as in, points which add additional tick to your dot while resetting its duration to maximum(+), thus lowering the amount of casts needed to reach the same uptime, and relativity of stat weights, which means that every time you gain stat x, stats y and z gain worth relative to x. Thats why reforge plots are awesome, and stuff like "mastery > haste > crit" isn't really that precise, proportions(2:1:1 for example) would probably be better, but as it's all simmed on non-existing patchwerk fight or some constant cleave/aoe variation that doesn't exists either it matters less.
    Why would it lower the amount of casts needed to reach the same uptime Oo. The maximum duration Corruption will have will still be 27seconds.
    If you cast 30 Corruptions in a 10 min fight at 9778 haste and you get let's say 480 ticks out of it.
    Wouldn't 30 Corruptions in a 10 min fight at 13737 haste grant you 510 ticks?
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-09-27 at 09:55 PM.

  20. #2300
    So I couldn't find any answers regarding tier 16 set bonuses versus tier 15, and as I had picked up two flex tier pieces I decided to sim it to see what comes out stronger. According to the sim, its a slight upgrade for me to lose tier 15 for tier 16(and gain 3 item levels), however, I'm just not finding in practice that its better. The power of Archimonde's Darkness to ensure Dark Soul lining up with a trinket allows me to get a lot of buffed chaos bolts off in a fight and honestly it feels like the tier 16 2pc is just really low uptime.

    I'm using the default APL for the updated version of Simcraft(540-3) so would changing the APL change the results? Also what have been people's experiences with the uptimes on the new set bonus?

    What have other people's experiences been with the new set bonuses?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •