Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Appliying an Immolate with increased Crit Chance is always a good idea.
    I did not have time for proper theorycrafting, but the Crit Chance of the applied Immolate is to a certain degree more important than the Spellpower. (talking about Proccs/Short Time Buffs)

When other Proccs are active, it is beneficial to use a Chaos Bolt and reapply Immolate, maintaining the increased Ember generation. (Multitarget may vary, but I would prefer the increased Ember generation in these cases.)
    The order of those two spells may vary, but you want to maximize the Chaos Bolt.
    While I mostly agree with this post, I will disagree with the assertion that casting CB within the duration of the 4 set proc is a good idea under most circumstances. Since it only procs when an ember fills, casting CB on every proc would under normal circumstances result in a 0 sum ember level. This is not the correct way to play destro. 15% crit chance is not that great of a damage increase to CB, especially compared to high end Int procs and DS.

The only times I would ever advise casting CB under the 4 set are:
    -IF the gained embers from a SB execute proc the bonus
    -if you just filled up your 4th ember
    -if DS or any strong proc is also up

It's not a strong proc for CB on its own, and using it every time you gain it will certainly result in not having enough embers for better procs.

Instead, I'd recommend using Conflag (if you have one) during the proc in an attempt to fish for a 2 set proc, and then Immolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    While I mostly agree with this post, I will disagree with the assertion that casting CB within the duration of the 4 set proc is a good idea under most circumstances. Since it only procs when an ember fills, casting CB on every proc would under normal circumstances result in a 0 sum ember level. This is not the correct way to play destro. 15% crit chance is not that great of a damage increase to CB, especially compared to high end Int procs and DS.

It's not a strong proc for CB on its own, and using it every time you gain it will certainly result in not having enough embers for better procs.

Instead, I'd recommend using Conflag (if you have one) during the proc in an attempt to fish for a 2 set proc, and then Immolate.
    You share my opinion on how to use the set bonuses. (Albeit I haven't gotten to do testing on this yet.)

Key word, ATTEMPT. My destro 2piece uptime is abysmally low.

How do you guys deal with Thok? Even using UR offensively with the reduced CD glyph I still couldn't cast enough as Destro and had to go Demo.

Also do you have an actual percentage number on the difference in legendary meta and burning? I've been debating going back to the burning but I'd like to know if it would make a real difference first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    How do you guys deal with Thok? Even using UR offensively with the reduced CD glyph I still couldn't cast enough as Destro and had to go Demo.

Also do you have an actual percentage number on the difference in legendary meta and burning? I've been debating going back to the burning but I'd like to know if it would make a real difference first.
    Well, for a VERY rough estimate, you could just go over your logs and add 3% damage to all of your crit damage to see the increase. This ofc does not take into account a lot of variables, but it would give you an idea on a basic level.

You could also just sim the difference and see what results it provides too...

Deleted
    Thok was actually the only fight i went demo the last attempts, but after the last nerfs i was just shocked by the way I wasn't able to compete at all (never have been a good demo lock) so i switched back to destru and did a very good job.
    Obivously the more paladins you have the easier it gets due to devotion aura. That's the only thing to keep in mind. Even the interrups aren't that hard to handle (if you're not stacking too high) either you have an eye on the timer or you have a quick reaction and cast instantly fel flame or chaos bolt while your incinnerate is locked.

I know roughly how much damage the burning will net me, though I'm not sure how to calculate the actual dps numbers the legendary gets me.

As for Thok I went Demo and was pulling right at the 250 mark after the nerfs, so it's not terrible, I'd just prefer to stay Destro. We only have one pally and we usually stack until ~17 or 18 stacks in the beginning.

I was having comparable numbers between Demo and Destro on Thok before I remembered that my Wrathguard was the only one who could provide a healing debuff and I had to go Demo as a result.

Even with basically no Haste a backdrafted Chaos Bolt will fit inbetween the interrupting screeches even once the energy gain maxes out. I saved UR for when I had great trinket procs during the stack phase, and would otherwise just use the stack phase as an ember generation period to then blow CDs and all my Embers during the beginning of the kite phase.

I was able to compete with our other caster DPS just fine as Destro on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I was having comparable numbers between Demo and Destro on Thok before I remembered that my Wrathguard was the only one who could provide a healing debuff and I had to go Demo as a result.

Even with basically no Haste a backdrafted Chaos Bolt will fit inbetween the interrupting screeches even once the energy gain maxes out. I saved UR for when I had great trinket procs during the stack phase, and would otherwise just use the stack phase as an ember generation period to then blow CDs and all my Embers during the beginning of the kite phase.

I was able to compete with our other caster DPS just fine as Destro on that fight.
    Yeah Thok has (on average) about a ~2.4s lapse between each deafening screech so you have lots of time if you time your globals properly so you're not delaying your next cast. I personally played affliction for a myriad of reasons but I can't see a problem with playing destro.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm going Aff on that fight. Just SB:SS all dots and MG under then UR with cd reduction glyph (though I hate dying because smb can't kite properly ). It's hard, but playable. I didn't tried it as Destro, so I'll leave this up for your own preference.

I'd agree, but I've found that at a majority of the time you will generate another ember before the 10 second ICD has refreshed.
    EDIT: I am running with pretty high crit though, ~12k
    Last edited by Delequoi; 2013-10-01 at 02:08 AM.

Eh, it's still not a strong proc on its own. Definitely worse than skull banner, which is weaker than most high end int procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    right now im using 522 + 8 cha-ye's and woosh trinkets. Would it be worth my wild to pick up the yulons bite to replace on of these for the crit proc?
    Nope. It would be only worthwhile if you had so much hit that you couldn't reforge it away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Do Destruction Warlocks use Frenzied Crystal of Rage
    I'm currently using it because I don't have anything better. My four trinkets are 561 KTT, 553 FCoR, 530 volatile talisman and 510 UVLS. Even on single target I think the 15 sec 11.5k intellect proc beats out the procs AND base stats of the talisman and uvls.

I currently have my T15 4 pc set, only missing the shoulders. I have gotten a pair of 553 gloves, Blight Hurlers. Would I lose a significant amount of ember regen by replacing my T15 gloves with the 553 gloves? Is it worth it to break my T15 4 pc? I don't have the shoulders as the RNG gods of WoW hate me, so I don't have another p[iece to switch around to keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see warlocks gemmin 320 mastery over 80 int 160mastery. is 2 mastery > 1 int for Destro?

So.... just a couple of things I want to clarify cause I'm reading quite a few differing opinions and at this point am really confused between the front page and what I am reading in this thread....

What is currently the ideal reforge for destro warlocks? Is it still Mastery>=Crit>Haste? Is that an AoE reforge? Single target? What's a good reforge for AoE? Why are some people simCing that haste might be valued higher now? I was under the impression that haste wasn't very useful for destro locks. Also GrimSup v. GrimSac which is the bigger dps increase (even though it might be marginal at this point) and why? How does GrimSup and GrimSac relate to reforging? (ex. If I chose GrimSup should I stack Mastery? GrimSac stack haste?)

Again just want to clarify some things cause with all the buffs to destro I'm a bit confused as to how they affect the class. This is a great guide with TONS of useful information in it, just want to say thanks to everyone that posted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I see warlocks gemmin 320 mastery over 80 int 160mastery. is 2 mastery > 1 int for Destro?
    I believe that in ToT gear int was stronger than 2xsecondaries for Destro, but in 5.4 and SoO gear secondaries trump intellect. even in ToT though Mastery was far stronger outside of single target because it increased your cleave damage with Havoc so much.

Deleted
    For single target at my ilvl (554) both mastery and crit are worth more than Int.

For multi target, even more so.

Do we know the amount of embers that are regened from Rain of Fire? The only information I can find says 12.5% chance of 1 bit per tick, but idk if that's pre/post nerf or even accurate.