1. #3001
    Question, just noticed how many people are recommending bindings as a good destruction trinket, do you think a 2/2 upgraded LFR bindings would beat any of the two trinkets I have on my warlock? Thanks!

  2. #3002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Question, just noticed how many people are recommending bindings as a good destruction trinket, do you think a 2/2 upgraded LFR bindings would beat any of the two trinkets I have on my warlock? Thanks!
    Short answer: Yes. I would use it over Yulon if I had to choose myself.
    Long answer: That trinket is amazing for both Destro and Demo, and all version of the trinket are rated very high. It's not that amazing for Affliction if you have a fairly low ilvl because the stat gain isn't enough to push it over KTT & BBoY. LFR version not quite as high, but still desired to the point you should get it if you're only doing Flex/LFR raiding. To put it in perspective, Normal Bindings for Destro is slightly behind HC WF Totem & Black Blood. All other version of the trinket are better. Assuming you have Bindings to use and it's not just a "Should I do LFR Immerseus?" question, yes use that over Yulon.

  3. #3003
    My only problem with bindings (altough it's flex, it's proc rate should remain equal in all wings, right?) is that it doesn't proc with KTT at the begining of the fight, like, NEVER.

    Is it only me?

  4. #3004
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    My only problem with bindings (altough it's flex, it's proc rate should remain equal in all wings, right?) is that it doesn't proc with KTT at the begining of the fight, like, NEVER.

    Is it only me?
    I'd say it has a 50% chance of proccing in the first 10 seconds or so. That's how it feels, at least.

    As destro and demo this is generally fine, as affliction I just pray we wipe so we can go again.

  5. #3005
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I'd say it has a 50% chance of proccing in the first 10 seconds or so. That's how it feels, at least.

    As destro and demo this is generally fine, as affliction I just pray we wipe so we can go again.
    I literally despise the amount of times i manage to get BBOYS to proc immediately on pull and bindings procs after Dark Soul finishes. Sure, it feels good when BBOYS procs a few seconds later and bindings is up first for huge chaos bolts but the variance in opener dps is just massively annoying.

    I actually found it more reliable to not do anything on garrosh until the first set of adds reach us and be able to havoc shadowburn onto garrosh over single targeting him. Trinkets are too powerful

    As an aside about itemisation not making a huge difference - running with 3 warlocks on garrosh hc we rarely noticed a huge difference in damage output despite myself having mastery>>crit>haste +burning meta and the other two with a lote more haste. My damage was much more centered around big chaos bolts/shadowburns than the other two, but we were always pretty close.

  6. #3006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    I literally despise the amount of times i manage to get BBOYS to proc immediately on pull and bindings procs after Dark Soul finishes. Sure, it feels good when BBOYS procs a few seconds later and bindings is up first for huge chaos bolts but the variance in opener dps is just massively annoying.

    I actually found it more reliable to not do anything on garrosh until the first set of adds reach us and be able to havoc shadowburn onto garrosh over single targeting him. Trinkets are too powerful

    As an aside about itemisation not making a huge difference - running with 3 warlocks on garrosh hc we rarely noticed a huge difference in damage output despite myself having mastery>>crit>haste +burning meta and the other two with a lote more haste. My damage was much more centered around big chaos bolts/shadowburns than the other two, but we were always pretty close.
    It's why I don't even bother reforging out of affliction 13737 haste anymore for destro, the difference is nonexistent.

  7. #3007
    Question in regards to T16 4 piece. I currently have the 4 piece bonus, and should also be getting the legs tonight to have all 5. I currently have warforged Hood from Immerseus and Warforged shoulders from Ordo's bagged.

    Do you all think it would be best to take my 4 piece from everything except the shoulders since its the only piece that does not have any Mastery.

  8. #3008
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstorm View Post
    Question in regards to T16 4 piece. I currently have the 4 piece bonus, and should also be getting the legs tonight to have all 5. I currently have warforged Hood from Immerseus and Warforged shoulders from Ordo's bagged.

    Do you all think it would be best to take my 4 piece from everything except the shoulders since its the only piece that does not have any Mastery.
    That is what I am doing, using shoulders from protectors - however do the ordos shoulders have mastery? If they don't, then it doesn't really matter to you yet - just use whichever item gives you the most stat gain till you have mastery shoulders.

  9. #3009
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    That is what I am doing, using shoulders from protectors - however do the ordos shoulders have mastery? If they don't, then it doesn't really matter to you yet - just use whichever item gives you the most stat gain till you have mastery shoulders.
    Yes, they do have mastery. I was guessing that may be the way to go, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks)

    Sorry can't post links yet to get to the shoulders directly.
    Shay-Nii's Popping Shoulderpads
    wowhead item=105797

  10. #3010
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    1,000
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced here is what i have decided to stick with for reforging. Anything i should maybe change up? Not liking the haste over crit set up, my CBs are much smaller than when i went crit over haste. Oh and fuck you bindings! I keep coining CLOAKS.......

  11. #3011
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced here is what i have decided to stick with for reforging. Anything i should maybe change up? Not liking the haste over crit set up, my CBs are much smaller than when i went crit over haste. Oh and fuck you bindings! I keep coining CLOAKS.......
    personally i would balance your crit and haste a bit more raise your crit into the 7k region and lower haste into the 7k region, i find i get better results when they are balanced unless if you want to go for the 10124 haste breakpoint

  12. #3012
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,359
    So I see a lot of Warlocks going expertise mastery for orange, and a lot going int mastery. Are they about equal?

    More secondary stats versus more int

  13. #3013
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    So I see a lot of Warlocks going expertise mastery for orange, and a lot going int mastery. Are they about equal?

    More secondary stats versus more int
    Expertise = hit, its an alternative to reach hit cap

  14. #3014
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    Expertise = hit, its an alternative to reach hit cap
    Also allows you to reforge OUT of hit if you are already capped in favour of better secondaries.

  15. #3015
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstorm View Post
    Question in regards to T16 4 piece. I currently have the 4 piece bonus, and should also be getting the legs tonight to have all 5. I currently have warforged Hood from Immerseus and Warforged shoulders from Ordo's bagged.

    Do you all think it would be best to take my 4 piece from everything except the shoulders since its the only piece that does not have any Mastery.
    The best thing to do is put your stat weights in the custom section of ask mr robot and then it will arrange bis gear based on ur stats.
    For me shoulder is bis since it has mas hit
    The ordos neck is also bis pre heroic nourushen neck

  16. #3016
    Mechagnome Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced here is what i have decided to stick with for reforging. Anything i should maybe change up? Not liking the haste over crit set up, my CBs are much smaller than when i went crit over haste. Oh and fuck you bindings! I keep coining CLOAKS.......
    I've coined and proceeded to vendor the helm 5 times now.
    <Duality> Zul'jin 7/7 Mythic

    Furty
    | Ciri | Badwolf | Furtysmage

    Twitter | Twitch - Streaming Challenge Modes, Mythic Raids, and more!

  17. #3017
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    I've coined and proceeded to vendor the helm 5 times now.
    luckily im an enchanter so i am atleast capable of getting a bit more gold from such items than vendoring them but having coined the cloak twice, its the worst thing when you're using the legendary cloak. i wish they would just add a mechanic where you could just roll for a specific item at a lower roll chance.

  18. #3018
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    luckily im an enchanter so i am atleast capable of getting a bit more gold from such items than vendoring them but having coined the cloak twice, its the worst thing when you're using the legendary cloak. i wish they would just add a mechanic where you could just roll for a specific item at a lower roll chance.
    Better yet, they could just remove the entire (and entirely stupid) coin system. But that's probably better discussed elsewhere.

  19. #3019
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Better yet, they could just remove the entire (and entirely stupid) coin system. But that's probably better discussed elsewhere.
    No thanks, without coins my dps would be sooooooooo much lower due to the three fantastic items ive coined this tier (and a myriad of useless ones too).

  20. #3020
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    No thanks, without coins my dps would be sooooooooo much lower due to the three fantastic items ive coined this tier (and a myriad of useless ones too).
    Your personal gratification for a given tier (or lack thereof) should not be necessarily the same as your view of good or bad game design. For example, does your like (or dislike) of legendary weapons hinge on whether your guild awards you the first one available?

    "I personally got lucky this tier, so the system is good" - not such a compelling argument for keeping it, because it equates a random outcome with overall design effectiveness.

    In a game where we cooperate with other players in an organized team, I'm not in favor of any system where a potentially significant portion of the rewards are restricted to individuals. It's frustrating. The group loot that drops already has enough RNG involved (and even more got introduced with thuder/warforged), but at least the risk pool is shared amongst 25 players. Coins break that up into 25 different risk pools.

    And no, loot from coins is not some pure bonus that Blizzard doesn't balance around. They take it into account as part of the overall "loot income" equation they use when balancing encounters, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •