1. #3161
    Or if you want to rank just go Demo

  2. #3162
    hi guys, how do you play thok 25 hc? Do You play with a high haste build, AD or KjC?
    Greetings

  3. #3163
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    hi guys, how do you play thok 25 hc? Do You play with a high haste build, AD or KjC?
    Greetings
    I have been using just commonly Mastery>haste>crit since it feels alot smoother for those casts in between roars. Normally i use AD since movement isn't really any issue in that fight. Like you're gonna get so many casts of incinerate anyways while thok is chasing someone. It also helps to have other DS for bats to nuke them down.
    For Pony!!!!
    Streaming Warlock PoV 25man hc progress at http://www.twitch.tv/richardihuhu
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hardi/advanced
    Heroic kill videos from warlock PoV https://www.youtube.com/user/RichardiHuhu/
    Progress 25man 14/14hc@SoO

  4. #3164
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    hi guys, how do you play thok 25 hc? Do You play with a high haste build, AD or KjC?
    Greetings
    You do not require focus on haste for casts between max acceleration if you do not currently gear for it. I had no problems at sub 3k haste. I would argue you can not use the full value of haste (as destro) on this fight anyways since your cast interval is set by the interrupt mechanic, and not your haste levels. KJC all the way, IMO... but then again I use it on every fight.

  5. #3165
    Thanks for all the responses everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aminally View Post
    Your mage is passively padding this battle, too - his Arcane Barrage damages all three bosses simultaneously, to say nothing about Nether Tempest.
    If you want to pad even more, try to havoc-burn under the effect of pot.
    If you want to make effective padding, havoc-burn blood into bosses. Blood-killing also regens your embers, allowing you to DPS/pad even more. Skeer is our fourth boss, so we get plenty of blood to havoc into targets.
    It also seems that you lack embers a bit. If you havoc CB into bosses on CD, you should do it more often.
    Your amount of backdraft seems very low. You're not using Conflag on CD, right? The same goes about Havoc - you could've used it more often (I say 15+ times during 7 minutes), winning you some more DPS.
    And if you want to pad even more, consider reforging back to crit. It increases base damage of CB and increases ember-generation from Immos and Incins.
    Could've posted my logs (w/o padding), but they are in russian, and we've got two warlocks for 10-man, meaning that we occasionally steal each other's targets.

    Your Garrosh-log seems more interesting to me. Why don't you havoc literally everything into Garrosh? You're not doing engi-duty, so you can safely havoc-SB adds into him (at least shammy - he usually survives ball-o-doom). You can also havoc every time Garrosh places desecrated weapon (you can talk to your raid and ask them not to kill weapon so that you can havoc-SB onto Garrosh, and other DPSes won't have to switch).
    For my pot, I line that up with DS+second Immersues proc annnd hope that one of the bosses gets low during that time to get the 3 havoc sburns off. and unfortunately we kill skeer second, i think we see 2 set of bloods, they just die way too fast. And you're right, I could definitely conflag more, i sometimes loose track of it on multitarget fights. For havoc, I line the first one on the opener, the second one when skeer (second one we kill) is about to die. And then i pretty much wait up to 10-15 seconds to use the havoc on 3 sburns, rather than using it on CD and getting mostly havoc+cbs. I might have to sit down and do some paper math to weigh more havocs with potentially less SBurns.

    I never havoc garrosh because I can never get havoc Sburns off. They are always havoc CBs, so it doesn't really matter if i havoc garrosh, an add, or a desecrate. I almost always havoc the desecrate, and I never get enough time to havoc the boss and sburn the weapon. The mage wont let me have it :/. he is pretty bad, he sacrifices padding on farm fights for standing in dumb shit and dying. is this what you were referring too? are you saying im not using havoc enough? I'm pretty sure I get it on CD. maybe i should make a WA that screams at me when it is off CD hahahaha .

    Quote Originally Posted by Aminally View Post
    Try to start fight with 4 embers, so pull just after trash is dead. Get parasite spawned and aoe them instead of single targetting. Apart from that, don't pay much attention to normal logs. WoL can't distinguish them from flex. If you go with 10-15 people and log this fight in flex, it will mark it as 10N instead and boss will die much quicker (more hero uptime, bigger opening contribution, can do stupid things like letting parasites go wild).
    whoaaa. i had no idea about the flex logs showing up in normal. maybe that's why im not ranking. It is just annoying, i got tons of top ranks in tot fights (25 heroic), and now i havent been able to rank at all in 10 normal this tier. its really making me second guess my ability. I know ranks are not a direct correlation to skill, but it's the only thing to look forward to on farm content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aminally View Post
    Or if you want to rank just go Demo
    i totally would but i dont have bboy yet


    i just.. ugh. i dont really know what to do to increase my dps. ranking is pretty much padding anyways i guess. but in general for logs, i really try and look at my average CB damage, because that is a good indicator of how well you are lining them up with CDs. and focusing on rolling those 4-set immolates! but other than the basics (checking to make sure you CDs are lined up with your buffs, uptime, number of spells cast in the time it took to kill the boss, etc), i dont really know what else to look at on logs. sadpfhsadofghusiadufhsaldiufhsda
    Last edited by Xenicsis; 2013-12-03 at 05:43 PM.

  6. #3166
    Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    Or if you want to rank just go Demo
    Yeah. It feels like there isn't anyone playing Demo. After I wrap up a few more parses I'm going to switch back to Destro just for the competition.

  7. #3167
    Is anyone find that there is any "op" combination of soaking orbs in p1/p2 of heroic malkorok? We're progressing him atm on 10m and I found out real quick that sac pact is kinda gross for it. Was going to give dark bargain a try tonight. any help would be appreciated!

  8. #3168
    The Patient Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by t3kneek View Post
    Is anyone find that there is any "op" combination of soaking orbs in p1/p2 of heroic malkorok? We're progressing him atm on 10m and I found out real quick that sac pact is kinda gross for it. Was going to give dark bargain a try tonight. any help would be appreciated!
    Dark Bargain is pretty awful for it since it reflects 50% of the damage after expiring. Tbh warlocks aren't that great for soaking but if you absolutely must then you can keep your area mostly clear eating one every 30s with Twilight Ward.

  9. #3169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Yeah. It feels like there isn't anyone playing Demo. After I wrap up a few more parses I'm going to switch back to Destro just for the competition.
    There is plenty competition in demo - trying to beat shinafae!

    Every time I think "hahaha I smashed it", nope #2 :<

  10. #3170
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    There is plenty competition in demo - trying to beat shinafae!

    Every time I think "hahaha I smashed it", nope #2 :<
    Yeah, the competitive nature of 25's is definitely still there for Demo. For 10's it is basically Chernobyl.

  11. #3171
    I have a couple (hopefully) easy questions, if anyone cares to answer! (Starting to play my lock again, first time playing destruction).

    1) Is it correct to interrupt your current cast to get a shadowburn off at higher stacks of say, wushoolays?
    -- If the target already has shadowburn ticking, should I overwrite it, at high stacks?

    2) Is it also correct to interrupt your cast to begin casting chaos bolt? For letting those land at higher stacks, that you wouldn't have otherwise gotten if the cast was not interrupted?

    3) What's the proper circumstances for shadowburn/chaos bolt with stacking procs? I've always figured it would only be worth casting it once at 9 or 10 stacks but if I have the embers and dark souls cooldown allows, should I cast more than just the one?

    Thanks .

  12. #3172
    The Patient Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I have a couple (hopefully) easy questions, if anyone cares to answer! (Starting to play my lock again, first time playing destruction).

    1) Is it correct to interrupt your current cast to get a shadowburn off at higher stacks of say, wushoolays?
    -- If the target already has shadowburn ticking, should I overwrite it, at high stacks?

    2) Is it also correct to interrupt your cast to begin casting chaos bolt? For letting those land at higher stacks, that you wouldn't have otherwise gotten if the cast was not interrupted?

    3) What's the proper circumstances for shadowburn/chaos bolt with stacking procs? I've always figured it would only be worth casting it once at 9 or 10 stacks but if I have the embers and dark souls cooldown allows, should I cast more than just the one?

    Thanks .
    When wushoolays procs you have a few seconds of warning while it is at lower stacks, so you shouldn't have to clip any casts. If you have to though, yes, absolutely stop your incinerate to get your shadowburns off. Also, shadowburn doesn't "tick". The debuff returns 2 embers if the target dies or 20% mana if the target doesn't die upon expiry, so it makes no difference if you overwrite the debuff other than the timer resets.

    Your second and third queries are kind of the same as the first, so I'll just answer all of them:

    When you are under the effects of cooldowns or significant procs like trinkets you should absolutely cast as many chaos bolts/shadowburns inside of those CDs/procs as you possibly can. There is no situation where incinerate is more important than getting off your ember consuming spells inside of those procs.

  13. #3173
    Hello
    i have A noob question i hope you can answer me
    how do you use Soul Link With Grimoire Sacrifice
    i know Soul link is use when you have demon with you but how do you use when you run with Grimoire Sacrifice
    Please Explain

    Thank you

  14. #3174
    Quote Originally Posted by yotam View Post
    Hello
    i have A noob question i hope you can answer me
    how do you use Soul Link With Grimoire Sacrifice
    i know Soul link is use when you have demon with you but how do you use when you run with Grimoire Sacrifice
    Please Explain

    Thank you
    Soul Link changes when you use Sacrifice. It just increases your HP by an even greater amount than Sacrifice alone.

  15. #3175
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Soul Link changes when you use Sacrifice. It just increases your HP by an even greater amount than Sacrifice alone.
    So if i use Soul Link With Grimoire Sacrifice my HP % will be higher?

  16. #3176
    Quote Originally Posted by yotam View Post
    So if i use Soul Link With Grimoire Sacrifice my HP % will be higher?
    If you use Soul Link and sacrifice your pet, rather than 20% damage taken split with your pet, you will instead increase your maximum health by 20%.

  17. #3177
    Thank you for the answer

  18. #3178
    Hello,
    My guild and I are currently on Sha of Pride 10HC.
    I thought Destro would be the best choice as self-reflections aren't destroyed by other dps and just picked up by tanks so I can RoF/Immolate on them.

    But it feels like I miss sooooo much trinket procs on Chaos Bolt by having to move almost constantly to close rift.swelling pride/gift of the titans/prisons etc...

    Do you guys have any tips to help me?

    (No logs sorry, it's my job to record them but I always forget...)

  19. #3179
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    Hello,
    My guild and I are currently on Sha of Pride 10HC.
    I thought Destro would be the best choice as self-reflections aren't destroyed by other dps and just picked up by tanks so I can RoF/Immolate on them.

    But it feels like I miss sooooo much trinket procs on Chaos Bolt by having to move almost constantly to close rift.swelling pride/gift of the titans/prisons etc...

    Do you guys have any tips to help me?

    (No logs sorry, it's my job to record them but I always forget...)
    For prisons you should have your personal teleport on top of your assigned spot for freeing people and a gateway from the prison next to tanks back to the stacking point. If you're imprisoned you'll get back fast or if someone else is imprisoned you can get to your spot to free them in just a global which gives you time to finish your casts since the other person would need that time to run to his spot.

    Start running to rifts before your debuff drops off, that way you have time to stop on the way to fit in Chaos Bolts on your procs.

    When bursting down Manifestation/banished players, after your initial Chaos Bolt(s) let someone else bring the mobs down from 35% to 20% and be ready to snipe with Shadowburn, the last Incinerate before SB wouldn't have hit anyways. Also before switching to aforementioned adds finish your casts, in most cases delaying the switch by a second doesn't matter.

    The main problem is the bolts that the rifts are shooting out, if your raid is behind on soaking there will be a lot of movement. Just remember that one hit won't kill you, if moving would result in interrupting a super buffed CB just stand still and soak it while finishing the cast and pop a healthstone afterwards if necessary, your natural tankiness and a small Soul Leech shield should be enough that healers won't complain too much.

    Overall however, don't worry too much about missing out on some procs because that is unavoidable. Most of your damage will come from the increased ember generation through AoE on reflections and Shadowburn sniping on everything in sight, so a lot of unbuffed Chaos Bolts are to be expected anyways.

    Also for your last point, if you're the person tasked to do logs then an addon such as this is useful. Even if you forget to start the livelog you will still have everything logged and you can upload it after the raid.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2013-12-05 at 10:06 AM.

  20. #3180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    But it feels like I miss sooooo much trinket procs on Chaos Bolt by having to move almost constantly to close rift.swelling pride/gift of the titans/prisons etc...
    Use both of your portals:

    -Personal portal either out to the side/back to be able to get close to a rift quickly or in your stacking location for titans buff (bearing in mind there is no reason to stack if you don't have the buff).
    - Gateway from an accessible location for the whole raid out to one of the prisons, so that people can get to or from them with a lot less effort.

    If you are struggling a lot with movement just take KJC and try to plan a little ahead with ember usage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •