I would like a more competent opinion.
Here are some logs:
Here is my armory:
According to Mr.Robot everything is fine when it comes to reforging and enchants. I know my gear is "meh" and I am wondering if I can expect more than 120k-130k on a single target fight.
Please, put some dots in the links as I am not authorized to post links, but this is certainly not spam or something.
Question for those that have Amp trinket, on fights where you are using KJC and thus don't have 2 AD charges, do you always want to line up the Amp proc with Dark Soul? How long is it worth it to sit on DS waiting for the ICD to proc?
Fights aren't long enough to get completely desynced. IE, worst case requires a 10minute fight (if it procced every 115 sec it would desync by the fifth proc). The only fight that long is really garrosh, where I save DS for lust/burn anyway.
I assume trinkets are Bindings and either Black Blood or Totem?
I'm going mastery>haste>>crit right now out of preference and comfort rather than min-maxing. I should skip tier legs (I think it was legs with haste/crit at least) then?
And for trolls since I'm used to playing goblin, orc and worgen, how do you sync up Berserking? Do you hold your 3rd (first full recharge) DS for a minute after it comes off CD for your second berserking? And do you just cast it without a DS at 3 minutes if you're not using darkness?
Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-12-10 at 02:20 AM.
Thok HM as destro? Have you ever tried it? Suggestions?
Glyph Havoc and use it to do 2x chaos bolt on each jailer as well as 6x shadowburn from the aforementioned bats onto the boss.
You can always chain at least 1 Immolate and one instant spell between 2 shouts. I would suggest keeping RoF up all the time, as it is instant and some kind of "second DOT". If your Embers get capped use a Conflag-hasted-CB to dump one.
We use Devotion Aura for Shouts 11-13, so I use my glyphed Unending Resolve a bit later. Around 15-18 stacks depending on Embers and Proccs. It will be ready for the Bats in the second Phase, too (At least if you are kiting him 5 times as we do).
I would also suggest using the Havoc Glyph as there is no chance to Havoc more often than once a minute and you can (if your other DDs aren't stealing the executes) use it to Shadowburn the boss 5-6 times while the bats are up and spread 2 CBs from/to the Jailors.
For the best DPS its quite important that you get a perfect start as you will have to "feed from that" until the Devotion Aura and your Unending Resolve are up.
I would also suggest to play with Fel Imp and support the Healers with dispells.
Sorry, I seem to be completely blind. Liquidsteel already posted most of this.
Last edited by Melian; 2013-12-11 at 03:50 AM.
formerly known as "best Shadow EU" now poorest casual on earth.
hi all, comming back to play this week, i need help from you guys
what is better 535 yulon's bite, or LFR y'shaarj?
@EDIT: NVM found the sparkuggz guide for trinkets still wanna know about my dps tought
i'm running destro mastery>crit>haste
also, what do you guys think of my dps, i'm pulling 149k on dummie with self buffs (5min fights)
armory on my sign
Last edited by Zharradan; 2013-12-11 at 04:00 AM.
http://simulationcraft.org/) But in destro and this tier there is only few pure single nuke fights. Did a fast sim to your char;177772 dps should be the amounts you will max see on single target nuke fights
Streaming Warlock PoV 20man Mythic progress at http://www.twitch.tv/richardihuhu
Mythic kill videos from warlock PoV https://www.youtube.com/user/RichardiHuhu/
Progress 20man [email protected]
I think i can manage that if i flask, prepot etc...
also, i noted that almost all fights in SoO there's shit dying, should i snipe every mob that's gonna die anyways? i feel like i'm always ember capped and that i'm losing true dps, and just doing numbers (mob with 50k hp, i shadowburn him for 800k)
another doubt: if my black blood of y'shaarj procs, should i try to cast an chaosbolt at 8+ stacks or should i spamm inci/conflag?
also: on paragons of klaxxy, i'm using havoc to generate embers, because the mobs regenerate life anyways, what is the best for ember generation:
1 immolate and 2 incinerates/conflag?
If you have 3+ embers when bboy procs, start casting Chaos bolts around 2 or 3 stacks, your third chaos bolt should come out right at 9 or 10 stacks of the proc. If you have fewer than 3, adjust the start of your chaos bolt chain accordingly such that the last chaos bolt come out of your warlock at around 9 or 10 stacks. BBOY isn't as optimal as KTT for destro, due to the RNGish feel of bboy.
On paragons, I cast conflag on the dps target first, then havoc one of the other targets, and spam backdrafted incinerate 3x.
2. For stacking trinkets, you want to make sure any non-instant spells are completed before the buff falls off and save your instant spells for the end of the proc. For your question, always cast chaos bolt if you can complete the cast before the buff falls off. There are some exceptions, like having 1 shard and you'll hit 20% before the stacking proc falls off (you would save for shadowburn and fill other spells. You can always setup a weakaura for your trinket procs to color code the output based on your current chaos bolt cast time. If you are specced sac, you probably want to go CB > Short cast filler > CB > Conflag, with your conflag coming as close to the end of the proc as possible. The short cast time filler would probably be immolate. You would only incinerate if the immolate was recently refreshed (hasn't ticked 3 times) or it was snapshotted with crit pct (2pc/4pc/darksoul) and the 30% haste meta.
3. I'm pretty sure for ember generation, you want to just do the normal rotation while using havoc on cooldown. Between rain of fire and havoc (for ember generation instead of consumption), you should be swimming in embers. I'd only prioritize an immolate if it had less than 7 seconds left and I had a crit proc active. If you know you'll have a 4pc proc within the havoc, just cast immolate on a later havoc stack.
Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-12-11 at 12:19 PM.
During progression bats are more likely to kill the raid from what I've seen. Thus destro is great for blowing them up and glyph'd havoc can be a ton of damage back onto thok. I use a supremacy imp to help with mass dispels who lives just fine with soul link IF you can sit him in ground aoe healing. Aff can do the soulswap bounce thing but it takes longer though boss damage is really solid and its easy to work around disruptions. If you just have a ton of cleave/aoe burst and bats die super fast I'd say go aff otherwise go destro but use glyph of unending resolve (2 min cd on UR) and havoc. Its also not a bad time to use your 2nd potion if you are more concerned with killing than ranking (*coughyetichaserscough*)
- Create weakauras that will tell you when if its safe to cast chaos bolt. This isn't really necessary for the first five stacks of acceleration (you just watch his energy bar and dont hard cast when its near 100), but when you get beyond that point, you know you are getting screeches every 2.4 seconds.
- For instant casts to use while screech is being cast (or about to be cast), conflag > rain of fire > fel flame. Be mindful of the latter two spells, they consume a lot of mana.
- Create a weakaura that monitors interrupts on healers so you can be efficient with your healthstone/ember tap/mortal coil usage. You essentially never want to be below 400k effective health (current health + shields), especially if you are the lone person standing out (where shields can be sparse).
- Someone in the raid should have a weakaura or boss mod that announces who got the key buff. We have people who use addons such as clique and they'll accidentally right click the corpse and get the key.
- Babysit your pet if you are running soul link. Try to keep your imp out of the raid during the non-cooldown periods. Your pets job is to just be alive, it doesn't need to be at 100% hp at all times. Move it in when your healers start the heavy healing cooldown rotations or your imp absolutely needs a heal.
- Make sure you have a weakaura for your Gateway, as it will despawn if you get too far from it. For tethering, if you drop a gateway from the edge of the metal grate that thok starts on to a max distance point down the hall, your area to work in is pretty much the two jail areas near the hall with a curve coming across the middle of the room. Ask your raid leader to put a world marker down on the hallway side of the gateway, that way when it despawns, you can quickly recast it at max distance (the grate point is easy to find anyway). If you have a priest in your raid, kindly ask them to drop a feather at some point between the two gateways. The further down the hall they put the feather, the more bonus movement speed uptime the gateway person will have.
As for dealing with fixates, if your raid is really good at baiting fixate, you can pretty much hang out between the mid point of the room and your grate gateway. If they suck at fixates, you need to incorporate fail protection into your kite strat. Our strat (Jail order is G>B>R), we start with the boss at whatever gate we just opened or the front left gate on the pull and we kite accordingly:
This kite strat makes it safe to keep gateways down a majority of the time (see below for tips), allows dps uptime to remain high (can't dps while in the hall), only requires 1 speed boost at any point (4th fixate), group stays relatively stacked up for heals and dispels. All fixate targets must be in the 15-20 yard range of the boss when the fixate ends to prevent a chained fixate and should never try to get back to the raid immediately. Wait for Thok to choose the next fixate and move before regrouping. Always run around him in the direction he had come from.
- Kite to nearest corner jail (or back left corner) in the direction our back was facing. Thok moves slow enough that he will stop halfway to that corner.
- Kite to nearest corner jail (or back left corner) in the same rotational direction (clockwise/counterclockwise, so Thok doesn't double back and chomp the melee). He picks up some speed, but he'll end his fixate right when he reaches the corner. Thok should now be diagonally across the room from where he started.
- Kite diagonally across the middle. Raid should be aware he's coming across and should already be cleared. He'll end his fixate when he reaches the corner. When Thok passes the middle, everyone else in the raid should be in position grouped up near the gateway. Have 1 or 2 healers behind the raid about 10 yards (facing the corner Thok is heading to) in order to bait fixate.
- Kite the boss down the hall. Kiter will need some form of speed boost and a gateway. Thok will typically stop 3/4's down the hall.
- Kite to the back of the main room. Tank should open the jail right exactly when his fixate starts. Thok will typically stop right before reaching the metal balcony at grate located in the back of the room.
- Assuming your tank wasn't late opening the jail, thok will cast fixate on the target then immediately stop the channel and re-enter his tanking phase.
With this kite strat, my goal is to ensure my gateway is up with at least 1 charge on that 4th fixate, so that requires I never get fixated during the first 2 fixates and have gateway up before the third fixate starts. While everyone is moving out to distances to bait the fixate, I stay at about 15 yards distance, out of the kite path, and following Thok. As soon as the 2nd fixate starts, teleport to your gateway summoning spot (edge of the metal grate in the middle of the room) and resummon if necessary. You'll likely be targetted by the third fixate as the distance from your gateway to the boss is usually the perfect bait distance, and the location of third kite point (diagonally across the room ending at the front jail cell) is safely in your tether zone. Just keep an eye out on your gateway weakaura and make sure your gateway is always down before that 3rd fixate. After the fire tank phase ends, you can pretty much ignore gateway and just pump as much damage into the boss. Everyone should still be following the kite strat and it should be dead before the boss reaches the 4th fixate.
Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-12-11 at 11:31 PM.