1. #3221
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    552
    Hello could someone clarify something to me,

    I changed some items and I have 11k haste now, should I reforge to the 10124 immolate breakpoints and the rest to crit. Since I know that there wont be much of an increase or decrease but will there be a QoL change?

    PS: I prefer going M>H>C over M>C>H because I offspec affliction
    thanks.

  2. #3222
    If you offspec aff and do not want to reforge between fights just go mast > haste > crit. FWIW I'm at 10.9K haste @ 577 with M > H > C and sims are still saying haste > crit. Though the difference of a M > H > C reforge and a M > C > H is about 3K on just under 400K'ish so sub 1%...well within the "noise" of RNG.

  3. #3223
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    Hello could someone clarify something to me,

    I changed some items and I have 11k haste now, should I reforge to the 10124 immolate breakpoints and the rest to crit.
    10437* for 4th extra tick under raid buff + BL/meta. since its very close to 10124 you can easily go for that. if you have aff offspec I even say go for 10701 since its another extra for agony. rest mastery right?
    green is the color!

  4. #3224
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    10437* for 4th extra tick under raid buff + BL/meta. since its very close to 10124 you can easily go for that. if you have aff offspec I even say go for 10701 since its another extra for agony. rest mastery right?
    yes, ofc M>>> everything

  5. #3225
    Is it worth it to give up 2 WF pieces for normal tier pieces in order to get 4 pc set bonus?

  6. #3226
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    Is it worth it to give up 2 WF pieces for normal tier pieces in order to get 4 pc set bonus?
    I think its better to mention what WF items over which tier part.
    green is the color!

  7. #3227
    Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    I think its better to mention what WF items over which tier part.
    Head and Chest tier over http://www.wowdb.com/items/105191-ro...tendered-heart and http://www.wowdb.com/items/105246-fl...ers-fiery-cowl

  8. #3228
    Considering all the mastery plus the 4 piece bonus being so strong for Destro, I'd say stick with the tier

  9. #3229
    Dreadlord dawawe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Atl, Ga
    Posts
    854
    Having 5/5 tier pieces do you think its worth it to drop 2 Heroic pieces to get my 4 set with reg tier? Just got the shoulders from a garrosh token. Currently using pants/gloves for 2 set as aff. Using heroic immerseus head and heroic protectors chest and shoulders. Would be switching to Warforged Iron jugg pants and gloves/shoulders/head/chest for 4 set.
    Why read words when we can kill stuff the words tell us about?
    You have dreamed of death, you thought to escape it. Now, my little puppet, death is all you will ever know.
    NO ITEMS EEEVVVEEERRR!!!

  10. #3230
    Dreadlord Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    937
    Yes use 4 set for destro, it's really good.



    Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

  11. #3231
    The Patient Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yes use 4 set for destro, it's really good.
    This. The extra ember gen from being able to keep up a 100% crit buffed immolate and the ability to always have a buffed chaos bolt if you need to dump with no procs pay dividends in dps.

  12. #3232
    Hey

    I am in 565 gear level, progressing through heroics (on Mal). I was thinking of going haste> crit. Whats a good % to have crit at? Anyone know what haste level will cause you to be GCD capped?

  13. #3233
    Dreadlord Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Hey

    I am in 565 gear level, progressing through heroics (on Mal). I was thinking of going haste> crit. Whats a good % to have crit at? Anyone know what haste level will cause you to be GCD capped?
    It doesn't matter. Like it really doesn't matter. How much haste you have is up to how much you like having.

    From my own personal opinion, I like going mastery then haste. Others prefer higher crit. This has been discussed to death and it's completely down to personal choice.

    As for malkorok in particular, there are a lot of times where you will be forced to interrupt that perfect chaos bolt. I find haste helps in minimising such situations, but again, it's up to the individual.



    Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

  14. #3234
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    It doesn't matter. Like it really doesn't matter. How much haste you have is up to how much you like having.

    From my own personal opinion, I like going mastery then haste. Others prefer higher crit. This has been discussed to death and it's completely down to personal choice.

    As for malkorok in particular, there are a lot of times where you will be forced to interrupt that perfect chaos bolt. I find haste helps in minimising such situations, but again, it's up to the individual.
    so true, personally i prefer a more balanced setup, sitting around 7k in crit and haste, and my haste is low enough to not hit the gcd except with LMG proc or BL. i certainly prefer it over a heavy haste build, it basically comes down to preference as you said.

  15. #3235
    Havoc being funky (yet again)

    Hey guys the other night on Shamans Hc I noticed something strange with havoc.

    They way I use it is I have a mouseover/focus macro to APPLY havoc and then tab/target regular (no macro) shadowburn or cast (no macro) Chaos Bolt on my target depending on needs. I've been using this setup for some time now with no real issues. However a couple of pulls into the night and my Chaos Bolts stopped being copied (shadowburns as well).

    I tried using Brusalk's famous macro albeit for Havoc itself (and not for Shadowburn) and it seemed to work with Chaos Bolt but not always with Shadow Burn. I also implemented Brusalk's macro for Shadow Burn but often even though I Shadow Burned 4 times the havoc debuff was still on the target I applied it on.

    Anyone met this before? (Again this is not the usual issue of mouseover Shadow Burn not copying while targeting your Havoc'ed target its rather the opposite where you mouseover Havoc and Shadow Burn your current target and nothing gets copied). What gives?

    P.S.: Do havoc'ed spells have a combat log entry (as in recount/scada)? Cause I went through my recount and found only on some!? pulls a Havoc entry that did 0 damage.

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    [edit/update]: I remember noticing this on Tortos as well back in ToT.
    In MoP we all got a Legen...........wait for it...........dary!

  16. #3236
    I've got a question. Looking at raidbots last night, at 10 man normal and at a bunch of different percentiles and the like, it looks like affliction is doing more than destro. Now I was under the impression that destro>aff until high gear levels (570+ ??), so it seems to me that for 10m normal destro should be doing better then, no? Is this because of overgeared players running normal and padding meters/short fights?

    Also if someone could take a look at my logs from last night, and tell me if I'm where I should be with my gear? I only leveled up my lock 2-3 months ago, and after playing a hunter for 3 or 4 years and knowing the class inside-out it's been fun learning a new class, and I feel like I know and play destro well, but everywhere you read that locks are supposed to be blowing everyone else out of the water. I'n doing pretty well, but not spectacular compared to the others, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm not playing at 100% potential, if my gear isn't up to snuff yet, or if everyone is just blowing lock dps out of proportion. Thanks.

  17. #3237
    Dreadlord dawawe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Atl, Ga
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    Havoc being funky (yet again)

    Hey guys the other night on Shamans Hc I noticed something strange with havoc.

    They way I use it is I have a mouseover/focus macro to APPLY havoc and then tab/target regular (no macro) shadowburn or cast (no macro) Chaos Bolt on my target depending on needs. I've been using this setup for some time now with no real issues. However a couple of pulls into the night and my Chaos Bolts stopped being copied (shadowburns as well).

    I tried using Brusalk's famous macro albeit for Havoc itself (and not for Shadowburn) and it seemed to work with Chaos Bolt but not always with Shadow Burn. I also implemented Brusalk's macro for Shadow Burn but often even though I Shadow Burned 4 times the havoc debuff was still on the target I applied it on.

    Anyone met this before? (Again this is not the usual issue of mouseover Shadow Burn not copying while targeting your Havoc'ed target its rather the opposite where you mouseover Havoc and Shadow Burn your current target and nothing gets copied). What gives?

    P.S.: Do havoc'ed spells have a combat log entry (as in recount/scada)? Cause I went through my recount and found only on some!? pulls a Havoc entry that did 0 damage.

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    [edit/update]: I remember noticing this on Tortos as well back in ToT.
    Yeah havoc/shadowburn is being dumb again. If you are targeting your havoc mob (or mob over 20%) and use mouse over for shadowburn it wont cleave. i havent had the chaosbolt problems tho. this is the macro i use to get around the Shadowburn issue tho

    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast Shadowburn [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    Last edited by dawawe; 2013-12-18 at 06:30 PM.
    Why read words when we can kill stuff the words tell us about?
    You have dreamed of death, you thought to escape it. Now, my little puppet, death is all you will ever know.
    NO ITEMS EEEVVVEEERRR!!!

  18. #3238
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    Havoc being funky (yet again)

    Hey guys the other night on Shamans Hc I noticed something strange with havoc.

    They way I use it is I have a mouseover/focus macro to APPLY havoc and then tab/target regular (no macro) shadowburn or cast (no macro) Chaos Bolt on my target depending on needs. I've been using this setup for some time now with no real issues. However a couple of pulls into the night and my Chaos Bolts stopped being copied (shadowburns as well).

    I tried using Brusalk's famous macro albeit for Havoc itself (and not for Shadowburn) and it seemed to work with Chaos Bolt but not always with Shadow Burn. I also implemented Brusalk's macro for Shadow Burn but often even though I Shadow Burned 4 times the havoc debuff was still on the target I applied it on.

    Anyone met this before? (Again this is not the usual issue of mouseover Shadow Burn not copying while targeting your Havoc'ed target its rather the opposite where you mouseover Havoc and Shadow Burn your current target and nothing gets copied). What gives?

    P.S.: Do havoc'ed spells have a combat log entry (as in recount/scada)? Cause I went through my recount and found only on some!? pulls a Havoc entry that did 0 damage.

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    [edit/update]: I remember noticing this on Tortos as well back in ToT.
    The Havoc debuff doesn't disappear off of the target it's cast on once all three spells are copied. You need to look at the buffs on yourself to determine if they're not copying correctly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    I've got a question. Looking at raidbots last night, at 10 man normal and at a bunch of different percentiles and the like, it looks like affliction is doing more than destro. Now I was under the impression that destro>aff until high gear levels (570+ ??), so it seems to me that for 10m normal destro should be doing better then, no? Is this because of overgeared players running normal and padding meters/short fights?

    Also if someone could take a look at my logs from last night, and tell me if I'm where I should be with my gear? I only leveled up my lock 2-3 months ago, and after playing a hunter for 3 or 4 years and knowing the class inside-out it's been fun learning a new class, and I feel like I know and play destro well, but everywhere you read that locks are supposed to be blowing everyone else out of the water. I'n doing pretty well, but not spectacular compared to the others, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm not playing at 100% potential, if my gear isn't up to snuff yet, or if everyone is just blowing lock dps out of proportion. Thanks.
    A few things to keep in mind:

    1) Affliction has significantly more opener damage. Affliction does better than Destro in short fights because of this. Destro catches up later on because of a higher sustained average, but DPS is influenced significantly by the opener.
    2) The last wing of Siege on WoL isn't updated for Heroic, so you'll have heroic kills mixed in with normals for those fights rank-wise.
    3) Your trinkets are flex/lfr. Getting even normal trinkets will be a significant increase in your damage. Destro relies almost entirely on strong procs to maximize damage, but yours aren't the best iLvl wise, so you're a bit behind there.

    Your gear looks fine to me. I don't really have the time ATM to look through your logs, but I'm sure someone else will.

  19. #3239
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Snip
    Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye out for it (or track it with a WA then) to notice how its behaving. Yesterday it seemed to be behaving like normal once again, weird.
    In MoP we all got a Legen...........wait for it...........dary!

  20. #3240
    Dreadlord Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    937
    Do the adds on second garrosh transition return embers? I had a couple of attempts where I was at 4 full embers after aoeing but would reach the boss without any. Can only imagine it was from shadowburning the stragglers.



    Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •