Quote Originally Posted by Shinsui View Post
    Thanks for the tips on spoils! Originally, I"ve been trying to compete with a firemage and an ele shaman for aoe on that fight (other side is 2 hunters and a feral), but was burning embers too quickly with FnB. I'll try to only do sparks next time, which will also help our monk healer out so he can heal instead of worrying about the sparks. For Malkorok I've been trying to use havoc without the glyph and try to time at least 2 havoc incinerates and 1 havoc shadowburn on the little adds, but not having much success. Should I only do a havoc chaos bolt and then try to refresh embers with a single shadowburn on the add?
    Tell your raid members that by leaving the adds to you you'll do a ton more boss damage with minimal losses for them. That said, it's farm for you guys now I'm guessing, so they may not be willing. Chaos Bolts would be better for overall damage, but for just boss damage incinerates would be best to cleave with. Always try to gen embers with Shadowburn!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    whats the better combo: (n) bboy + (hwf) pboi or (hc) ktt + (hwf) pboi?
    The heroic ones?

We've only killed malkorok twice, so not quite farm yet. Still, I"ll try it out next week when we get to it
    Shinsui- Nathrezim

destroing it up since prebc

So gonna start this off by saying sorry if these questions have been asked before. I recently came back to the game and working on making a lock my main so had a couple of quick questions. Is there a certain ilvl or something in which I should switch to GoSac? I noticed most of the higher geared locks are Sac so was curious as to when to make the switch or if it's just better now. 2nd should I just stick with the M>C>H stat priority or is going for certain breakpoints an advantage in terms of haste? Thanks in advance for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Flavorbolt View Post
    So gonna start this off by saying sorry if these questions have been asked before. I recently came back to the game and working on making a lock my main so had a couple of quick questions. Is there a certain ilvl or something in which I should switch to GoSac? I noticed most of the higher geared locks are Sac so was curious as to when to make the switch or if it's just better now. 2nd should I just stick with the M>C>H stat priority or is going for certain breakpoints an advantage in terms of haste? Thanks in advance for the help!
    No. Use whatever you want, though GoSac gets better when you get a lot of extra ember gen through Shadowburn.

M>C>H vs M>H>C doesn't make any real difference. Use whichever you prefer.

What's better:

Using upgraded LFR tier 4 set: ilvl 536

or

using upgraded LFR tier pants, gloves, chest (536) and then ilvl 561 http://www.wowhead.com/item=103751/h...wirling-senses as headpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    What's better:

Using upgraded LFR tier 4 set: ilvl 536

or

using upgraded LFR tier pants, gloves, chest (536) and then ilvl 561 http://www.wowhead.com/item=103751/h...wirling-senses as headpiece?
    Use 4 set. refresh immolate when it procs

I just have a simple question.

I've been mostly a healer since back in BC and don't play DPS all that often. I recently leveled a warlock and I absolutely love it. However, the toon will probably never do more content this expansion than LFR and possibly some flex.

I managed to get LFR versions of PBoI and KTT and upgraded them. I'm wondering if I should try to get BBoY too, and if I do manage to get it, what combination of trinkets is better (depending on boss).

This is my toon currently: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...antly/advanced

Thanks!

Has anyone used the Challenge Mode feature of simc at all? For some reason, I keep getting very weird values for Haste.

Trying to find the best secondary..

when refreshing immolate is it better to refresh with a highe crit buff or with high int? if i cant get them togheter that is=)

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    when refreshing immolate is it better to refresh with a highe crit buff or with high int? if i cant get them togheter that is=)
    Crit to generate more embers==>CB/Sburn will trump the increased damage from the intellect proc on the Immolate in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I just have a simple question.

I've been mostly a healer since back in BC and don't play DPS all that often. I recently leveled a warlock and I absolutely love it. However, the toon will probably never do more content this expansion than LFR and possibly some flex.

I managed to get LFR versions of PBoI and KTT and upgraded them. I'm wondering if I should try to get BBoY too, and if I do manage to get it, what combination of trinkets is better (depending on boss).

This is my toon currently: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...antly/advanced

Thanks!
    PBoI is best. Between BBoY and KTT it's basically even with BBoY slightly ahead theoretically. I personally prefer KTT over BBoY because in practice it can be really difficult to get bolts off at optimal stacks w/ BBoY due to fight mechanics. If it was a 20 sec proc where each stack lasted 2 seconds I'd much prefer BBoY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    Crit to generate more embers==>CB/Sburn will trump the increased damage from the intellect proc on the Immolate in general.
    Technically if the amount of int was high enough that it was granting close to the same amount of crit as the crit proc Int would be better. (Not equal, because Immolate damage done is not 0)

Though in practice I doubt anyone would have enough Int in a proc to be better than the 4 set.

simulationcraft says troll is a increase of 3.8% dps for me, (I"m undead) with my gear, shit's op man.... i'm going to race change

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    simulationcraft says troll is a increase of 3.8% dps for me, (I"m undead) with my gear, shit's op man.... i'm going to race change
    Unless your guild is wiping to enrages on the last couple/few heroic bosses, I wouldn't bother paying cash for that yet -- they're gonna be doing a pass on racials for WoD. Might wind up not changing Undead/Troll, but ...

(also some dude is starting a rumor that in a couple/few weeks Blizz is having another half-off sale of paid character services. He didn't give a source [of course], but I don't think it's out of the question for it to happen as we're wrapping up MoP)
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Unless your guild is wiping to enrages on the last couple/few heroic bosses, I wouldn't bother paying cash for that yet -- they're gonna be doing a pass on racials for WoD. Might wind up not changing Undead/Troll, but ...

(also some dude is starting a rumor that in a couple/few weeks Blizz is having another half-off sale of paid character services. He didn't give a source [of course], but I don't think it's out of the question for it to happen as we're wrapping up MoP)
    It's 12 dolars for me (i'm on a brazilian realm) so I think it's a good investiment, also I'm playing as undead since the end of cata so i'm tired, i was orc before

@Tazgoth - SimC will fail hard for challenge modes, becuase it can't simulate very well the aspect that drives destro's performance: trash and ember generation that comes with AoE packs or shadowburn executes.

Mastery will be your best secondary, becuase you're going to putting so much of your damage into ember consumers when you take the entirety of an instance into account.

Ok I have a quick question. I know the whole crit vs haste debate has been run into the ground, but when looking at optimizing I could gain 8% mastery if I sacrifice 873 spell power. Is it worth it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Ok I have a quick question. I know the whole crit vs haste debate has been run into the ground, but when looking at optimizing I could gain 8% mastery if I sacrifice 873 spell power. Is it worth it?

Thanks
    How are you gaining 8% mastery but losing only 873 SP? Do you mean you're losing Int which makes you lose 873 SP?

Also, since I don't have numbers off the top of my head but you probably have a reference (character sheet or something), how much _rating_ is 8% mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    How are you gaining 8% mastery but losing only 873 SP? Do you mean you're losing Int which makes you lose 873 SP?

Also, since I don't have numbers off the top of my head but you probably have a reference (character sheet or something), how much _rating_ is 8% mastery?
    If my math isn't wrong it should be 1600 rating (200 mastery = 1%).

BTW: I'm thinking about writing a small list with tips for destro and every boss.
    Do you think that this would be a good addition to the opening post if some guys here contribute their part, too?
    I only have my raids 10men tactics (which sometimes are a bit strange ) and quite surely am not executing everything optimal. So my list will not be perfect of course
    Last edited by Melian; 2014-01-28 at 04:34 AM.
    Krallnor <Lords of Heaven> - Eredar EU formerly known as Melian <Lords of Heaven> - Eredar EU
    from DE #1 guild "Ad Luna" in Cataclysm 10men progress. Now playing a Warlock in semi-hardcore guild "Lords of Heaven".
    Our Garrosh 10men Heroic Firstkill(skipped intermission 2 + played with 1 healer)

Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    If my math isn't wrong it should be 1600 rating (200 mastery = 1%).

BTW: I'm thinking about writing a small list with tips for destro and every boss.
    Do you think that this would be a good addition to the opening post if some guys here contribute their part, too?
    I only have my raids 10men tactics (which sometimes are a bit strange ) and quite surely am not executing everything optimal. So my list will not be perfect of course
    Again, how are you losing 873 spellpower? If it is 1600 rating vs _only_ 873 SP, it's probably really close so do whatever. SP would be higher damage with a few targets, while Mastery would be higher damage with lots of targets all the time.

I dunno if I'd include boss tips/tricks in the guide. The purpose of the guide is to help people play Destro in a PvE setting and understand all of the basics and components such that they'd be able to make an informed decision on their own. (Hence, for example, the gem section being "How you could do this" rather than "Here's a list of what to use") A boss tips/tricks doesn't really fit in the context of that so I'd be likely not to include it.

THAT SAID! Feel free to do so and post it here or a thread or whatever. I'm sure many people (myself included) would like to look at something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Again, how are you losing 873 spellpower? If it is 1600 rating vs _only_ 873 SP, it's probably really close so do whatever. SP would be higher damage with a few targets, while Mastery would be higher damage with lots of targets all the time.

I dunno if I'd include boss tips/tricks in the guide. The purpose of the guide is to help people play Destro in a PvE setting and understand all of the basics and components such that they'd be able to make an informed decision on their own. (Hence, for example, the gem section being "How you could do this" rather than "Here's a list of what to use") A boss tips/tricks doesn't really fit in the context of that so I'd be likely not to include it.

THAT SAID! Feel free to do so and post it here or a thread or whatever. I'm sure many people (myself included) would like to look at something like that.
    he's probably changing from one hand + off that don't have any mastery but are superior ilvl to heirloom staff or sha of pride staff (both have mastery)